+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Different grandfather names!

jimmy_84

Feb 14, 2018
Dear all
I have a question
I received ITA about a month ago. I'm required to upload proof of family member status and family member relationship for my uncle who is a Canadian citizen and has been living there for long time. The problem is that my grandfather's middle and family names aren't identical in my mother and uncle passports. Actually they are very different; however, my grandmother name is identical in their birth certificates.
What should I do? Is it enough to just send their birth certificates? Do I have to attach an LOE? what should I say since I have no Idea why my grandfather middle and family names have been changed because It was very long time ago?
Thanks a lot for the help

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thanks bellaluna, but any idea what should I include in the LOE? given that I don't know exactly why the name has been changed in the first place.
Having the same grandmother is enough to prove the family relation. Just say that your grandfather went by the two names. That’s all. No need to explain the reason for the two names.

The birth certificates are enough, no need for passports. Honestly, it’s very unusual to have the passport holder’s parents’ names written in the passport. Most countries’ passports don’t even have this.

Reactions: jimmy_84

jimmy_84

Feb 14, 2018
Having the same grandmother is enough to prove the family relation. Just say that your grandfather went by the two names. That’s all. No need to explain the reason for the two names.

The birth certificates are enough, no need for passports. Honestly, it’s very unusual to have the passport holder’s parents’ names written in the passport. Most countries’ passports don’t even have this.
Thanks a lot bellaluna..!
wish you a happy and pleasant day