+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

different airfares for different passports. Is it true??

lilacsouls

Nov 2, 2009
hi all,

I just called Cathay office in Vietnam today to ask airfare for me and my son for landing in next February. I'm holding Vietnamese passport with affixed visa. My son who is over 2 now has 2 passports, Vietnamese passport with no visa and Canadian passport. The lady who I was talking to gave me two different prices of airline tickets. The ticket for me just costs $890 USD while my son's costs over $950 USD. This is just weird!! Anyone has ideas.

Thank you

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some airlines charge a different rate for children, though you'd expect it to be cheaper, not more expensive. I seriously doubt that it has anything at all to do with what passport you're holding. That would be crazy. I agree, just ask the office that quoted you the price.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Depending on the airline, they might have some offers open that they only extend to some nationalities for some reason. If you really want to know, call them again and tell them only that you are taking your vietnamese child with you and ask them what the price will be.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
that's unusual. when we checked with airlines it was 30% cheaper for kids and it didn't matter the passport. is it possible to book a flight on his Vietnamese passport?

lilacsouls

Nov 2, 2009
Suin said:
that's unusual. when we checked with airlines it was 30% cheaper for kids and it didn't matter the passport. is it possible to book a flight on his Vietnamese passport?
They only offer cheap prices for passengers whose have Vietnamese passport with a stamped visa. There is no way a Vietnamese going to Canada without a visa. Cathay officers will find it out when we get onboard and they will question it.Of course, I will have to purchase another ticket for him.