+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Different address between IMM0008 and IMM5476 problem?

epanda

May 31, 2018
I am sponsoring my wife outland and filled the IMM5474 form to be her representative where I put my address and email. However we did not put my address in the IMM0008, only her address as the postal address and residence. There is a note that says that the address of the representative must also be in the IMM0008 form but I missed that part and only put it in the IMM5476.

Will CIC reject it or will they understand and use the address in the representative form?

Thank you!

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
I am sponsoring my wife outland and filled the IMM5474 form to be her representative where I put my address and email. However we did not put my address in the IMM0008, only her address as the postal address and residence. There is a note that says that the address of the representative must also be in the IMM0008 form but I missed that part and only put it in the IMM5476.

Will CIC reject it or will they understand and use the address in the representative form?

Thank you!
I doubt IRCC will reject your sponsorship application because you did not fill the representative address in IMM0008.

Since you named a representative (family member) to do business with IRCC for your spouse......i guess they will use the representative contact info........however, will advice that you inform IRCC that you want to include the representative address in IMM0008..

Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)

Contact Information
Question 1
Indicate your current mailing address (where information should be mailed) by typing the following information:
Note: All correspondence will go to this address unless you indicate your e-mail address.

If you wish to have a representative who can conduct business on your behalf, you must provide their address in this section and on the Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form.

epanda

May 31, 2018
So what I should do is put my postal address as her mailing address, click NO at the question regarding if residential address is same as mailing address, put her address in the residential and put my email in the e-mail address. Of course provide the Use of a representative form.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
So what I should do is put my postal address as her mailing address, click NO at the question regarding if residential address is same as mailing address, put her address in the residential and put my email in the e-mail address. Of course provide the Use of a representative form.
If your application has been linked to online account..........and provided your e-mail address......all correspondence will go to your e-mail address.

Contact Information

Question 1 ----------fill Representative Address
Indicate your current mailing address (where information should be mailed) by typing the following information:

Note: All correspondence will go to this address unless you indicate your e-mail address.

If you wish to have a representative who can conduct business on your behalf, you must provide their address in this section and on the Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form.

Question 2 ------------fill PA Residential Address
Check the box to indicate whether your residential address (where you live) is the same as your mailing address. If “No”, indicate the following information:

Question 6
If applicable, indicate your e-mail address using a format similar to the following: name@provider.net

Note: By indicating your e-mail address, you are hereby authorizing IRCC to transmit your file and personal information to this specific e-mail.

VenusPond

Feb 12, 2018

Thank you!
HI, can you let me know did IRCC accepted this or rejected? I am facing the same issue. Thanks

jrahman

Star Member
Sep 13, 2022

Thank you!
Can you link to that notes please?