+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Difference in contents of RPRF letter

journeyer

May 23, 2018
from what have I recently gathered, your eligibility should be recommended as 'Pass' in GCMS if they have mentioned admissibility in your RPRF letter.
My RPRF letter mentioned admissibility under review. Does that mean I already passed the eligibility stage? Status is still "application in progress" under Background Check.

Shaq

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
The letter says "We have begun process your application" but the BG is in IP2? It doesn't make any sense? anyone can help me understand? By the way the application is for CEC-Inland.

otmans

Apr 14, 2018
My RPRF letter mentioned admissibility under review. Does that mean I already passed the eligibility stage? Status is still "application in progress" under Background Check.
Is there any update on your status after you have paid the RFRP? Are you still at IP1 or IP2?

journeyer

May 23, 2018
Thanks for your reply, good luck! I guess it doesn't really make much of a difference when you receive the RPRF request shortly after AOR or late into the process.
I really thought that it's just going to take a week after the RPRF is paid. But I was wrong. It'll be two months tomorrow after RPRF.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
I really thought that it's just going to take a week after the RPRF is paid. But I was wrong. It'll be two months tomorrow after RPRF.
that was in 2017. In 2018, i have read posts mentioning PPR about 90-100 days after RPRF.

anthony_717

Apr 2, 2018
that was in 2017. In 2018, i have read posts mentioning PPR about 90-100 days after RPRF.
Hey, my RPRF request also mentioned admissibility being reviewed and not eligibility. Were you able to figure out what that meant, if eligibility is passed or what stage the application was in?

Thanks,
Tony

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hey, my RPRF request also mentioned admissibility being reviewed and not eligibility. Were you able to figure out what that meant, if eligibility is passed or what stage the application was in?

Thanks,
Tony
from what I have read in my GCMS notes, both CIO and CPC Ottawa have recommended Passed as far as eligibility is concerned, and CIO has recommended criminality passed as well. Therefore, a matter of time before it is approved unless of course they find adverse information from some source (even I would love to know what it is that I am guilty of except wanting to do better in life :D )

The admissibility bit I am not sure what it means frankly.

anthony_717

Apr 2, 2018
from what I have read in my GCMS notes, both CIO and CPC Ottawa have recommended Passed as far as eligibility is concerned, and CIO has recommended criminality passed as well. Therefore, a matter of time before it is approved unless of course they find adverse information from some source (even I would love to know what it is that I am guilty of except wanting to do better in life :D )

The admissibility bit I am not sure what it means frankly.

Wow that's great. Good luck, I am sure there is good news just around the corner.

journeyer

May 23, 2018
assuming ottawa of course cuz there's no mention of any location or any email id.
Zag, this answers our question.

https://grayninjaguidetocanada.blog/2016/09/27/rprf-request-letter/

As per the sample RPRF there, admissibility review is security, criminality and/or medical. So as BillHyatt (or it may have been legalfalcon) said, eligibility would come first before admissibility. So if you are in the admissibility stage, then it is assumed that you already passed eligibility because there is no point conducting admissibility if you failed the eligibility stage. BillHyatt (or legalfalcon) also said that eligibility and admissibility cannot be done simultaneously since it is a waste of time conducting both if you can just do the one which will determine if you need to do to the other.

Reactions: zagcollins

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Zag, this answers our question.

https://grayninjaguidetocanada.blog/2016/09/27/rprf-request-letter/

As per the sample RPRF there, admissibility review is security, criminality and/or medical. So as BillHyatt (or it may have been legalfalcon) said, eligibility would come first before admissibility. So if you are in the admissibility stage, then it is assumed that you already passed eligibility because there is no point conducting admissibility if you failed the eligibility stage. BillHyatt (or legalfalcon) also said that eligibility and admissibility cannot be done simultaneously since it is a waste of time conducting both if you can just do the one which will determine if you need to do to the other.
if you check my GCMS post in April AoR thread, they requested for RPRF after two rounds of review - the first round on April 19 was conducted by a Program Asst. at CIO, where the recommendation was 'Pass' (both eligibility and criminality), and then another round by the case analyst at CPC, Ottawa on May 14, following which the request for RPRF was generated by the same case analyst at that point; the case analyst also recommended 'Pass'(nothing on criminality here).

The final review (dunno when) will be conducted by an officer, taking both recommendations into consideration, and initiating the BGC, which I don't think will take long. I have been in what people call the IP1 stage for about 57 days now, so great chance I am directly going to move to PPR or move to IP2 for a matter of hours (hate the IP1-IP2 terms) Is it going to be smooth sailing? Yup, as I have no criminal history and no security issues in my record. It is a matter of waiting now - how long I have no idea.

P.S.: The case analyst, quite oddly, made notes about the inconsistent design on my WES ECA report, after the Program Assistant had already verified the data against the WES database in the previous round.