+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

difference between security and criminality check... who conducts what?

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Hmm, for Mexico not sure. My pa is Chinese and ive heard background can be a few days to months. But if security screening ive heard over nine months.

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
For criminality? Do you know who does it? Like ircc or another agency
The criminality part to me is something that is known. I mean we all know if we had any issues there or not. Its just a matter of time and waiting. But the eligibility is the big one. Please, bring me the elusive PRE ARR!

luckyurang

Oct 26, 2018
How IRCC processing fils these days?

*1* . when you submit your file, you will get AOR within 5 hours , in most of cases rightway.

*2*. After 15 to 40 days between you will get your medical and biometric done in most of cases, that is R10 (Regulation 10) or completness check. or IP1 stage (most important stage ) visa centeral visa centre perform this task , generally in this stage they check your documents if any document is missing they can either rquest or reject under R10.

*3* . *IP1* - if you pass R10 or IP1 stage they send you email that " we updated your account or profile " so you will see in your account 3 things changed first is UCI which is changed to original UCI from CANXXX , second you will see your biometric and medical update if you didn't provide they will send you medical request or biometric request.
*Question- how can i know my R10 started or passed before updation in my account.*
_Answer- in now days most of applicants are getting ghost updates, when you login your account , you'll see that your account's status showing updated but when you open your profile nothing is there updated. so that is GU before R10 that means you'll see your R10 result soon like within 2 or 3 days._

*4* after R10 pass next stage is *A11.2* *eligibility check* , IRCC analyst or Assistant Visa officer check your eligibility that you claimed points matches with your documents, if you missed any document and you claimed points behalf of that document, visa officer can reject your file under A11.2 so thats why this is most important stage . generally eligibility check should be done within 2 months of AOR date. if you pass this stage . you will get Another Ghost update. your account status will show that updated , but only one thing you will find updated that is background status which changed from " *in processing to in progress "* and when you logout your account and then login again you'll see status again will show submitted. so this is Ghost update . you can consider as your IP1 stage has completed. or you can call to IRCC to confirm.

*5* . after IP1 next stage is IP2 which takes to much time cause in this stage they check your background, yes background, first of all to know what is background check
*Components of Background check*
*5.1* _Criminality_ - generally IRCC complete this component with the help of Police , agencies. if you provided RCMP certificate, your backhome country police clearance, IRCC will review that documents.
_5.2. Info sharing-_ IRCC can share your information with your employer to check or verify employment or any other documents information with agency or organization to verify docs.
_5.3 Security_ - most time consuming component, IRCC generally done this task with CSIS and CBSA . IRCC get positive or negative result from these agencies but final decision depends upon or taken by IRCC.

*6* *Final Ghost update or 3rd GU*- so at this stage , you pass everything but your status still showing in process or in progress dont panic, you'll see portal request or mail from IRCC after 4 to 5 days , some cases 13 days average.

*7* . Portal request- you'll get mail or request from ircc in your portal . in which they ask your residential address and photo , so you have to provide your residential addrrss address not representative business address and send mail back to IRCC.

*8*. *COPR* - Confirmation of PR - yeahhh yes this is that golden letter that you were waiting.

‼This above information, assumptions, Ghost updates are based on my knowledge and observations, these are not officially announced by IRCC. so time may vary and stages or GU could skip. so to contact IRCC to get correct status of your case.

Thanks guys
Good luck to all of you