+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

difference between security and criminality check... who conducts what?

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
Afghanistan
Probably it is security screening... all you can do in this case is just wait until it is over. Request your notes maybe just to see what is done already or see what may be wrong?!
Good luck to you!!!

Mirolomi

Jul 7, 2018
Probably it is security screening... all you can do in this case is just wait until it is over. Request your notes maybe just to see what is done already or see what may be wrong?!
Good luck to you!!!
Thanks in advance..
do you have any definitions for bgc ? Any ideas what they checking that is taking this long ?

Last edited:

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
Thanks in advance..
do you have any definitions for bgc ? Any ideas what they checking that is taking this long ?
Just from what I read on here... they are checking if all the info you provided true and if you have any criminal charges against you in the past, check all your background. It’s done through different organizations.

seattlecalgary

Aug 1, 2008
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Does this mean background check started? Or will be started?

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019

Echattea

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
here's a good piece of info from @Eagle333 about BGCs:

"Background checks are done through many companies such as and not limited to these 6.

1. CSIS: Security screening, Espionage and Foreign interference, Terrorism, Weapon of mass destruction,
Human trafficking, CSIS works with many agencies around the globe and they like the FBI or CIA. I happened to contact them in 2013 when I was sponsoring my spouse because the background checks were taking too long and they responded me. So you can actually write to them and request to know about your background checks

2. INTERPOL:

•Help officials – senior law enforcers, policy makers and decision makers – deal more effectively with uncertainty and new challenges;
•Provide timely warning of threats;
•Support operational activities and complex investigations.

Types of analysis

Criminal intelligence analysis is divided into operational (or tactical) and strategic analysis.

The basic skills required are similar, the two categories differ with regard to the level of detail and the type of client for whom the products
are designed. Operational analysis aims to achieve a specific law enforcement outcome. This might be an arrest, seizure, forfeiture of assets or money gained from criminal activities, or the disruption of a criminal group.

Operational analytical support includes:
•Identifying links between suspects, and their involvement in crimes and criminal activity;
•Identifying key investigative or information gaps;
•Preparing profiles of known or suspected criminals.

Strategic analysis is intended to inform higher level decision makers, and the benefits are realized over the long term.

The intention is to provide early warning of threats and to support senior decision makers in preparing their organizations to deal with emerging criminal issues. This might include allocating resources to different types of crime, or increasing training in a particular crime-fighting technique.

Strategic analysis includes the identification of:
•Crime trends and patterns;
•Emerging threats;
•The potential impact of external factors such as technology, demographics or economics on crime.

In every country there is an Interpol office.

3. RCMP: You may need a criminal record check for various purposes, including: employment, adoption, international travel, volunteer work, citizenship, name change, student placement or to obtain a record suspension

4. If you were an ex Policeman, ex military , ex diplomat, ex government member, ex secret serviceman, your checks will be very deep than a simple citizen

5. Number of trips you did to some red flagged regions of the world, if there is any immigration laws you have been broken in the past, any warrant against you in the countries you visited more that 6 months.

6. Your full name and date of birth sound familiar like someone they have been looking for around the world

During this period you can now understand why CIC has no control over your file anymore and they usually don't like to reply to some emails of why the process is taking too long. They will only tell you we are waiting for background checks to finish. It can take from one months to some extend 12 months because there is no way to control this period.

7. Anytime your file does not make sense about dates, locations, occupation, Fake school certificate or marriage these things will make the VO to extend the processing time in order to work with the issuing government of any documentation your provided. These are good ingredient of an interview.

So CSIS is the leading government third party that works with other agencies around the world. There was one guy in Italy who had a criminal conviction but he hid it in the end CIC found out through CSIS and this person was charged with misrepresentation. based on the notes they might have left on his profile. A lady in Ghana produced Fake school certificate and CIC found it and they did not trust any documents she sent, her file was rejected and banned from applying to come to Canada. There are so many stories we can tell. When our files are in background checks a lot do happen. If you research a lot you will learn a lot too. ""
I have this in my GCMS notes I Can't understand....

Item Police Certificate:

Results from (country) federal police were recived and have been recorded against client> Documents > ID supporting documents in GCMS. For aplicants with adverse records, please note that a copy of the PC will be uploaded as an attachment in GCMS.

Then in the notas......

FOSS: NAI Requested documents rec'd and reviewed. PC ALL required Police Certificate on file and no A36/38 concerns evident. Criminality and Medical passed.

We send schedule A and CV since October,
I don't know what can happen. I've never had any problems in my country......

Criminality medical and legibility pass...

subhadip18

Mar 23, 2020
I have this in my GCMS notes I Can't understand....

Item Police Certificate:

Results from (country) federal police were recived and have been recorded against client> Documents > ID supporting documents in GCMS. For aplicants with adverse records, please note that a copy of the PC will be uploaded as an attachment in GCMS.

Then in the notas......

FOSS: NAI Requested documents rec'd and reviewed. PC ALL required Police Certificate on file and no A36/38 concerns evident. Criminality and Medical passed.

We send schedule A and CV since October,
I don't know what can happen. I've never had any problems in my country......

Criminality medical and legibility pass...
Have you received your PR?

Ggggg

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Going into 18 months. Mp said application is going through criminality verification. Does anyone know how long it takes?