02-08-2014
AOR Received.
31-10-2014
Med's Request
14-06-2015
Med's Done....
28-06-2015
Hello All ,

What is the difference between Record of Employment and Employment Reference Letter for a CEC application?
Does one have to submit ROE as well ? or can ROE be used as a substitute for Employment Reference Letter

Thanks in advance

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
If you have never received an ROE, it is a form given by your employer when you finish working for them, containing details that determine your eligibility for employment insurance benefits.

It is not a substitute for an employment reference letter.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Aguntupalli said:
Hello All ,

What is the difference between Record of Employment and Employment Reference Letter for a CEC application?
ROE is issued by employer after you are done working for him. It has all information like Start date and end date.

Does one have to submit ROE as well ? or can ROE be used as a substitute for Employment Reference Letter
If you left job (Claiming job experience towards you application) and have a copy of ROE then you can add it to your file as it might help VO determine the length of period you worked for that particular employer. It not mandatory though. You cannot use ROE as a substitute for Employer Reference Letter.

Thanks in advance

seira mae

Jul 3, 2012
hi,

i have a question,i worked for my first employer for 7 months as live in care giver, but still didn't have my record of employment from them..i am only have t4..Now i am working with my 2nd employer since nov. 2013..do i still need my roe from first employer if i apply for Permanent residence next year and can i add up the 7 months so i can have 24 months.?

thanks

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
seira mae said:
hi,

i have a question,i worked for my first employer for 7 months as live in care giver, but still didn't have my record of employment from them..i am only have t4..Now i am working with my 2nd employer since nov. 2013..do i still need my roe from first employer if i apply for Permanent residence next year and can i add up the 7 months so i can have 24 months.?

thanks
Live-in Caregivers are not eligible for Canadian Experience Class as far as I know. They have their own class.

You might want to try another forum that covers that particular stream of PR.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Aguntupalli said:
Hello All ,

The Letter of Employment/Reference is required, it is the single most important document in your application.

A record of employment is issued by your employer to Service Canada when employment is terminated, to calculate eligiblity for EI. If you are still working for the same employer, there is no ROE. If you are paid on an hourly basis, the good thing is that it shows the number of hours you worked for each pay period and wages earned (it will all be the same if you are salaried). So it can be useful for some people if they need extra proof of employment, or hours worked (e.g. part-time employment). You can get a copy from your employer or Service Canada.

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/ei/employers/view_roe.shtml