+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Difference between fsw and crs

Twinkle4321

Feb 27, 2017
Hello
Can anyone please guide me..
What is the difference between 67/100 fsw and Crs 420/1200??

Thanks for any advice

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The first is the minimum requirement to qualify for Express Entry / FSW. You need a minimum of 67 points - having more gives you no advantage.

The second is what determines if you are selected over other applicants during the rounds of ITA.

tyagifever

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
The first is the minimum requirement to qualify for Express Entry / FSW. You need a minimum of 67 points - having more gives you no advantage.

The second is what determines if you are selected over other applicants during the rounds of ITA.
Hello,
So in order to confirm eligibility, should we first calculate points in the FSW and then move on to CRS score calculation?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
So in order to confirm eligibility, should we first calculate points in the FSW and then move on to CRS score calculation?
Yes.

Nixnic19

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
Need help.

My employment cert from previous employer which is my nominated noc cannot input my salary or benefits. Do i need to make loe for ITR and payslips? And also my name is not full there so i asked my immediate supervisor to write me a reference letter on a plain white paper and i had it notarized.

Reactions: canppr

canppr

Mar 5, 2019
Need help.

My employment cert from previous employer which is my nominated noc cannot input my salary or benefits. Do i need to make loe for ITR and payslips? And also my name is not full there so i asked my immediate supervisor to write me a reference letter on a plain white paper and i had it notarized.
Good question, i would like to know this aswell !

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Need help.

Good question, i would like to know this aswell !
Yes, if you cannot get salary in the letter, include additional documents that mention it.

For example:
-Payslips
-Contract
-Appointment letter
-Bank Statements showing salary

canppr

Mar 5, 2019
Yes, if you cannot get salary in the letter, include additional documents that mention it.

For example:
-Payslips
-Contract
-Appointment letter
-Bank Statements showing salary
Thats just perfect, i thought that you would just be out of luck, if you could not present this information in the job reference! :) Thank you

Arsalan.momin

Aug 19, 2019

So what is the use of applying for fsw
Because even without fsw minimum crs is the same
Can you please explain sir

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So what is the use of applying for fsw
Because even without fsw minimum crs is the same
Can you please explain sir
The FSW points system is the minimum criteria you have to meet and does not change.
The CRS points system ranks candidates in the pool to determine who is chosen for PR, and goes up and down depending on who is in the pool.

To meet the minimum requirements for Express Entry, you must have at least 67 points under the FSW points system. Your Express Entry score (CRS) then determines if you are selected out of the pool of candidates. Only those with the highest CRS scores are selected. Right now this means you need 460+ CRS points to be selected.

BTW: I'm not a "sir".

Arsalan.momin

Aug 19, 2019
The FSW points system is the minimum criteria you have to meet and does not change.
The CRS points system ranks candidates in the pool to determine who is chosen for PR, and goes up and down depending on who is in the pool.

To meet the minimum requirements for Express Entry, you must have at least 67 points under the FSW points system. Your Express Entry score (CRS) then determines if you are selected out of the pool of candidates. Only those with the highest CRS scores are selected. Right now this means you need 460+ CRS points to be selected.

BTW: I'm not a "sir".
That's what i am asking ma'am that what is the use of getting fsw points because even after that we need same minimum crs score
Wouldn't it be good to directly apply for crs
Instead of fsw hassle if it dosent gives any advantage

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That's what i am asking ma'am that what is the use of getting fsw points because even after that we need same minimum crs score
Wouldn't it be good to directly apply for crs
Instead of fsw hassle if it dosent gives any advantage
I don't think you've understood my explanation or the process.

FSW is the minimum criteria to qualify.

CRS is the score which ranks you against other candidates to determine if you will be selected over others.

You don't apply for FSW. You create an Express Entry profile directly. Not sure what "FSW hassle" you are referring to.

Arsalan.momin

Aug 19, 2019
I don't think you've understood my explanation or the process.

FSW is the minimum criteria to qualify.

CRS is the score which ranks you against other candidates to determine if you will be selected over others.

You don't apply for FSW. You create an Express Entry profile directly. Not sure what "FSW hassle" you are referring to.
Ohh i understood fsw is a part of expres entry itself its mandatory to have minimum points in fsw after that you have to score again in crs right ?