+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

diff between FSW and Provincial programs

beowulfkid

Feb 22, 2009
Hello gurus,
Please help me in understanding the differences between the FSW and Provincial programs (ex: AINP).
Assuming I qualify to apply for both FSW and AINP (Strategic Recruitment Stream U.S. Visa Holder Category), I see that AINP might take less time than FSW.
My question is: What happens after I am approved under AINP ? Am I stuck to work in Alberta or whatever province I apply for ? I searched to find in many forums..but in vain.
Pl help me out.

Thanks a bunch.

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
They expect you to stay in AB. According to the new requirements:

From a previous post:
"To qualify for this program, you must meet the following basic criteria:

1. A Candidate must demonstrate a clear ability and intention to live permanently in Alberta;

The rest of the criteria remains the same ....

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/campaigns/h1b.html"

sdesh005

Star Member
Feb 20, 2009
divagirl said:
They expect you to stay in AB. According to the new requirements:

From a previous post:
"To qualify for this program, you must meet the following basic criteria:

1. A Candidate must demonstrate a clear ability and intention to live permanently in Alberta;

The rest of the criteria remains the same ....

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/campaigns/h1b.html"
And how does one exactly do that? Also, does this mean that it is not a mandate to live there for x number of years, as long as you can convince them you tried to find a job? I am confused about this.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Land in Alberta,Try to land a job,If it doesnt work out after a couple of months,Move on,You TRIED to settle,This a direct quote from my buddy at AINP

sdesh005

Star Member
Feb 20, 2009
BCguy said:
Land in Alberta,Try to land a job,If it doesnt work out after a couple of months,Move on,You TRIED to settle,This a direct quote from my buddy at AINP
Makes sense - thanks for that information BCGuy!
I was also wondering about the BC PNP - I am guessing it is not that easy, correct? If one does not have a job offer already, BC does not nominate in the Skilled Worker category - is that a reasonable assumption?