+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did they start to process stage 2?

Sep 15, 2020
I don't know why they are not giving stage 2 approvals to applicants from US as students travelling from US are exempt from the travel restrictions. The only people how are benefitting from this travel exemption are US citizens as they can apply for the study permit at the border.
I applied for my study permit in March. My GCMS notes states that I have passed eligibility and my passport request letter is being shown as an outgoing documents which has not been started. I was hoping that after VAC in Los Angeles opens, I will be getting the request letter. But the LA VAC opened for passport submission last week but I have seen only one approval from US in this forum last week. 25 week wait for my visa has taken a mental toll on me.
I think this is just their overall decision to hold passport requests. All of the VACs have opened in China, however, none of us get passport request message. Guess it has nothing to do with the opening of VAC

Reactions: Inder17singh

CanadaBowValley

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Well In India, Biometrics centers are closed. Still waiting for the VFS centers to get reopen.
Is there any chanc that we get stage 2 approval without biometrics

Reactions: 5678

Sep 15, 2020
Well In India, Biometrics centers are closed. Still waiting for the VFS centers to get reopen.
Is there any chanc that we get stage 2 approval without biometrics
Guess not really. Cuz they can’t do your criminality check without fingerprints. I’m expecting the worst situation.

MunnaIndia

Sep 22, 2020
They didnt get full approval, but in their GCMS notes it was shown that they had passed stage 2 criteria like security. Some even had request for passport written on it,
Can students from india apply GCMS notes?If yes cn you guide me how to apply?

Eugene Fama

Aug 28, 2020
I don't know why they are not giving stage 2 approvals to applicants from US as students travelling from US are exempt from the travel restrictions. The only people how are benefitting from this travel exemption are US citizens as they can apply for the study permit at the border.
I applied for my study permit in March. My GCMS notes states that I have passed eligibility and my passport request letter is being shown as an outgoing documents which has not been started. I was hoping that after VAC in Los Angeles opens, I will be getting the request letter. But the LA VAC opened for passport submission last week but I have seen only one approval from US in this forum last week. 25 week wait for my visa has taken a mental toll on me.
hi, i am on the same page with you

jennyyin

Sep 21, 2020
Did U get AIP? I applied from USA and got AIP. But couple cases in this forum applied from USA got to know their study permit were approved in GCMS notes
Yeah I got AIP 0815, I also ordered a note and I’m waiting for the result