+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did the oath today in both English AND French!

coolifrs

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did the oath today - and we had to do the oath in both English AND French!

That was a nice surprise! I didn't expect it!

It was a cool experience.

montrealia

Star Member
May 12, 2014
What do you mean by that? Did they tell everybody to do the oath in both languages?

I did the oath in Montreal a couple of months ago and we were specifically told that we could choose a language or do it in both languages.

I did the oath in both languages, but not because I had to do it. I chose to do that because 1) I speak both languages and I'm proud of this since I had to learn both of them, and 2) they check if you're doing the oath and I wanted to avoid any misunderstanding (what if they look at your lips during the oath in the other language?)

In any case, I wouldn't say that I was asked to do the oath in both languages.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
We also had a choice to do it in either language but the MC said they would like it very much if we did it in both, so I did and so did most(if not all) - people were very audible.

cuds

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When I did the oath in Scarborough the judge said we should repeat him in both languages (French and English) I can guarantee you that 95% of the people had no clue what the judge actually said in French and were just blabbing something ...

It's no big deal people, just move your mouth and try your best!

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
same here, did both English and French ;D

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
congrats.

did you get cultural pass during the oath or it is only for oath done during citizenship week we had last week.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
All new citizens can get the cultural access pass, just not at the oath ceremony. You have to register online at the ICC (Institute for Canadian Citizenship) website and pick it up at the nearest museum or cultural centre in your city.

blueshirt said:
congrats.

did you get cultural pass during the oath or it is only for oath done during citizenship week we had last week.

Silver77

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
You will get cultural pass( valid for one year) and small booklet that shows the oath in both languages.

You can say the oath in both languages following the booklet.

It was a great experience,lots of emotions ;)

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
Elections are coming so if someone becomes citizen 1 day or 1 week or couple of days before election will he be eligible or he has to wait for his name to be added in voter list. Is voter list posted to home address

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
coolifrs said:
Did the oath today - and we had to do the oath in both English AND French!

That was a nice surprise! I didn't expect it!

It was a cool experience.
Congratulations!

Anybody know why the citizenship processes are so much longer for the western cities? I see the OP got everything done in 7 months (nothing personal against you so please don't mind). But my brother in law applied in August 2013 and received his AOR and the study guide after 8 months here in Alberta and since then its still quite. I just think its really unfair, specially if everyone is paying the same fees. I understand if the application is non routine and takes longer, but for routine applications shouldn't it be pretty consistent throughout the country?