+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did not receive notice of Citizenship oath ceremony.

cuca

Mar 7, 2020
My status was updated last Friday for my Oath Taking to be held on April 25. Yesterday I checked my status tracker and it seems theres technical difficulties. Do you guys get an error message in logging to status tracker as well?

The message is ‘we are experiencing technical difficulties- We’re working to fix this as soon as possible. Try refreshing the page or come back later.’

aacan

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
Nomination.....
01-09-2016
AOR Received.
07-02-2017
Med's Request
24-01-2019
Med's Done....
25-01-2019
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2019
LANDED..........
03-04-2019
My status was updated last Friday for my Oath Taking to be held on April 25. Yesterday I checked my status tracker and it seems theres technical difficulties. Do you guys get an error message in logging to status tracker as well?

The message is ‘we are experiencing technical difficulties- We’re working to fix this as soon as possible. Try refreshing the page or come back later.’
Yes there is a technical problem with the website and CIC is working on solving it. It's been almost 24 hrs since it has been down.

Reactions: cuca

nvnkmr10

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016

I also have mine on April 25. Just checked the tracker still says the same. No email yet. Do we need to call them or do something to get the email ??

riz.1

Nov 23, 2015
Hey guys
Seems like alot of citizenship ceremony candidates are in the same situation.
My citizenship application status shows ceremony schdeuled for 25th April with no email notification/invitation/confirmation. My initial thought was , maybe it will arrive in post, but seems email invitations is the method CIC is using.
I submitted a web inquiry requesting for an invitation on 12th April. It is still 13 days till the ceremony and im hopeful that invitation will arrive . If not I’ll call immigration office when its about one week to go. Number for them is 1 (888) 242-2100

I also have mine on April 25. Just checked the tracker still says the same. No email yet. Do we need to call them or do something to get the email ??
Please let me know when you receive your invite email.

nvnkmr10

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Hey guys
Seems like alot of citizenship ceremony candidates are in the same situation.
My citizenship application status shows ceremony schdeuled for 25th April with no email notification/invitation/confirmation. My initial thought was , maybe it will arrive in post, but seems email invitations is the method CIC is using.
I submitted a web inquiry requesting for an invitation on 12th April. It is still 13 days till the ceremony and im hopeful that invitation will arrive . If not I’ll call immigration office when its about one week to go. Number for them is 1 (888) 242-2100

Please let me know when you receive your invite email.
Hi, I got my email invite for April 25 just now.

g.krish2

Jul 10, 2017
Anyone having oath ceremony on June 3rd, received the invite? I am a bit concerned, I did not receive until now.

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Anyone having oath ceremony on June 3rd, received the invite? I am a bit concerned, I did not receive until now.
you still have time, i can understand your feeling, just relax and wait for the invite, usually they will send a close to the scheduled date. anywhere between a week from the date to 2 days before the date. As of today you are 12 days ahead of the Oath. If you don't get it by 31st May then you should start worrying, but today it is too early. enjoy the long weekend. Don't worry you will get it before that date.

g.krish2

Jul 10, 2017
Why are you concerned? I received my invitation 6 days before my ceremony.....so yep I'm confused as to your concern?
Thank you very much, that is good to know.. I saw in a few earlier posts that few people got the invite about 2 weeks earlier, but I understand now that the timeline is not that consistent. Thank you very much for your reply. I'll relax a bit now.

Reactions: Camigr8

g.krish2

Jul 10, 2017
you still have time, i can understand your feeling, just relax and wait for the invite, usually they will send a close to the scheduled date. anywhere between a week from the date to 2 days before the date. As of today you are 12 days ahead of the Oath. If you don't get it by 31st May then you should start worrying, but today it is too early. enjoy the long weekend. Don't worry you will get it before that date.
Thank you for your reply Alex. It is good to know that I need not worry at this stage.

Reactions: Camigr8

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Thank you for your reply Alex. It is good to know that I need not worry at this stage.
In extreme cases the email was received 24 hours before the interview.

So you have plenty of time.

Most people will get it in the week before the oath or a couple weeks before.