+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did not receive notice of Citizenship oath ceremony.

skaler

Oct 19, 2016
Hi
I want to share my experience. I received voicemail a day before my oath ceremony that they are not able to update oath invitation in citizenship tracker and they also checked that I was not receiving email. I was thinking it was fraud call as call was from random phone no and called them back at 6pm she picked up call and asked only my name I told her that as this is just random phone no I am not comfortable sharing information. She sent me email and I went for in person ceremony today. Nothing was fake it was real. Citizenship tracker is still showing in progress.

Reactions: YVR123

skaler

Oct 19, 2016
Wondering how they know that you are not recieving their emails? Did you inform them (web form or email)?
Not sure, but I believe they might received “failure to send message”. I received msg when I confirmed email with her again on phone. She was also open to send invitation email to other email address.
No I haven’t informed them. I was waiting for oath invitation and was everyday checking citizenship tracker.

Reactions: wink

FW-SandA

Star Member
Jun 3, 2017
My Wife's oath ceremony has been scheduled for the 3rd of April on the tracker, but she still did not receive an email with instructions.

Has anyone been in the same situation?

Processing office: Montreal

Eckt

Star Member
Jul 8, 2022
My Wife's oath ceremony has been scheduled for the 3rd of April on the tracker, but she still did not receive an email with instructions.

Do not worry there is still time
For me they send it before one day
But normally they send it between 2-5 days before the ceremoney

Reactions: FW-SandA

has09san

Apr 25, 2023
I am in the same situation, I have got the ceremony tomorrow (Apr 26. 2023) but didn't recieve any invitation email or letter yet.

Anybody in the same situation? What should I do?

Eckt

Star Member
Jul 8, 2022
I am in the same situation, I have got the ceremony tomorrow (Apr 26. 2023) but didn't recieve any invitation email or letter yet.

I think because they are on strike they will reschadual it for you .

has09san

Apr 25, 2023
I think because they are on strike they will reschadual it for you .
I thought that too but when I searched about the ceremony happening in Ontario, so there is one happening in Mississauga but not sure if I am listed there.

i am confused as what if I miss the date?

has09san

Apr 25, 2023

Did your wife receive the invitation?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018

Call the IRCC hotline and keep calling until you get through to an agent.

SoamiDas

Dec 24, 2016
My Canadian Citizenship Oath ceremony is on 3rd Jul 2023 as per website status , But I have NOT yet received the ceremony Notice in email. I have submitted webform also..
It is very difficult to reach an agent on phone.
Please confirm if anyone else is facing this issue.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019

aabiola

Aug 24, 2018
Hi everyone,

My ceremony is tomorrow but I still haven't received an email invitation. I sent wed form two days ago and called yesterday but still got nothing. >_<
Sorry please I just have question to ask you , we’re you able to attend your ceremony and on the date and time your were schedule