+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did not receive ITA despite have CRS above cut-off

abff08f4813c

Feb 24, 2023
just checkout the list below from IRCC website.

You may be eligible for an open work permit if you

• are under an unenforceable removal order
  • are a temporary resident permit holder (Don't be thrown off by this as it's not the same as Visitor's Visa)
A bit off topic, but I never understood this point. I suppose it may be since TRPs are not very common, but there's not a whole lot of info available.

What's the rationale for TRP holders to have open work permits? And is the OWP granting discretionary in that case, or must it be given if a TRP holder applies?

Iambatman16

Dec 11, 2023
Is he/she a Canadian lawyer? Or are they a consultant? Consultants(especially outside of Canada) are very bad.
I went with CANext immigration and the lawyer name is Nat Shriram. He was not aware of some category based draw rules until I explained it to him recently. Now I am thinking that I should have done the process by myself after some research.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I went with CANext immigration and the lawyer name is Nat Shriram. He was not aware of some category based draw rules until I explained it to him recently. Now I am thinking that I should have done the process by myself after some research.
That's the thing about EE. If someone's case isn't complicated, they should do it on their own. I wasted $2k back in 2019 on a consultant too, which only costed me time(~3 years!) as they never did anything. Now that you know better, no harm done I guess. I wish this forum was popular enough so that a lot more could derive benefit from it.

Reactions: Iambatman16

Iambatman16

Dec 11, 2023
That's the thing about EE. If someone's case isn't complicated, they should do it on their own. I wasted $2k back in 2019 on a consultant too, which only costed me time(~3 years!) as they never did anything. Now that you know better, no harm done I guess. I wish this forum was popular enough so that a lot more could derive benefit from it.
Its true. This forum is more helpful. I could have done everything on my own. But I thought that my whole career depends on this PR and no mistake can be done. More than the money, I was worried and stressed because of the situation that raised by the false information provided by the lawyer.

• Wow
Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

Iambatman16

Dec 11, 2023
In order to have a good "lawyer" they must now be member of the
College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants
and thus taking some legal classes 30 credits to be able to represent a client and speak with IRCC on your behalf
My lawyer is a certified Immigration Practitioner and a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) under the authority of Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC), the governing body for Immigration Practitioners in Canada. He is also an active member of the Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants (CAPIC).
but still he is not aware.

JKTL23

Feb 2, 2024
Thanks guys this forum is of help. I'm new to here. I think you are far from this now having read your threads.
Well, it's been 24hrs since a draw of French based category of 7000 candidates with CRS as low as 365 while mine is 388 but has not received the ITA yet. EE profile submitted September 11, 2023

Express Entry Draw 282

Date of Draw:
February 01, 2024 at 16:36:01 UTC

Number of Invitations Issued: 7,000

Minimum CRS: 365

Program Specified: French language proficiency (2023-1)

Tie-breaking rule: September 08, 2023 at 09:47:27 UTC

Voila, as i've read earlier - IRCC testing my patience.

Reactions: mincepie

Jeremy337

Feb 2, 2024
Thanks guys this forum is of help. I'm new to here. I think you are far from this now having read your threads.
Well, it's been 24hrs since a draw of French based category of 7000 candidates with CRS as low as 365 while mine is 388 but has not received the ITA yet. EE profile submitted September 11, 2023

Express Entry Draw 282

Date of Draw:
February 01, 2024 at 16:36:01 UTC

Number of Invitations Issued: 7,000

Minimum CRS: 365

Program Specified: French language proficiency (2023-1)

Tie-breaking rule: September 08, 2023 at 09:47:27 UTC

Voila, as i've read earlier - IRCC testing my patience.
Same here, I scored 443 and should fall into this category French draw, I submitted my profile on Dec 19th, 2023 and made an update at Jan 18. 2024, I don't think these dates may affect me though. Quite a few of my friends have got their ITA while I am still waiting, concerned. But I do find something ghosty in my profile, the question "Have I been invited to apply?" appears blank/empty where I knew it was not previously. How about yours?

JKTL23

Feb 2, 2024
Yes, you are right. Mine is blank too.
Well, I'm giving myself a last chance this year...
I previously got an ITA category French Draw CRS 398 lowest was 375 on 12 July 23
Unfortunately, for some reasons missed to submit on 11 Sept 23....[with 3/4 stuffs completed incl. medical]
Created a new profile in Sept 23, had a NOI from Ontario 25 Sept 23, given was in the same personal turmoil, could make it within the 45 days to register OINP!
2024 Turmoil over/behind, have been waiting for a low CRS score...which happened Feb 24...now waiting for that precious ITA!!!

Aug 1, 2021
Same here, I scored 443 and should fall into this category French draw, I submitted my profile on Dec 19th, 2023 and made an update at Jan 18. 2024, I don't think these dates may affect me though. Quite a few of my friends have got their ITA while I am still waiting, concerned. But I do find something ghosty in my profile, the question "Have I been invited to apply?" appears blank/empty where I knew it was not previously. How about yours?
I have not got my ITA yet either and my profile has a ghost update just like yours. My score is 539, so well well above the cut-off. And my French is above level 7 as well.

I spoke to IRCC on the phone and they said to wait until 48h have elapsed or until early next week, and contact them if it still hasn’t posted.

My wife is saying that it may be because French wasn’t listed as my first language, as she heard some Vietnamese immigration agent say that French should be listed as a first language. I think she misunderstood the agent and the order makes no difference, but I’d like to hear if you guys listed French as the first or second language?

JKTL23

Feb 2, 2024
Having gone through it last year, yes you should have applied with French as 1st language and if both of you scored the bonuses, it is a plus. However, good to wait for the 48hrs.

mincepie

Aug 22, 2022
No you don’t have to register French as your first language to receive a Francophone draw invitation. My first language is English and my French is B2 Level and have received invitations 3 times before although I had to decline all of them. This time my score is 459 and I still haven’t received any update on my profile, it’s really frustrating.

Reactions: iwantmoreplanes

Shaheer428

Feb 2, 2024
Hi. Also haven't received ITA yet. Score is 462. I did got NOI from ontario last month. So it means my profile is relevant in the french stream category. Got CLB 8, but the only thing is that french is listed as secondary language. I don't know if that would be any issue. Any input would be helpful. Thanks.

Aug 1, 2021
It should not be an issue as per any official IRCC documentation. The requirements state clearly that the language test must be less than 2y old and have CLB 7. However, with these kind of delays, one might wonder of any issues in their systems.

Reactions: Shaheer428

Shaheer428

Feb 2, 2024
It should not be an issue as per any official IRCC documentation. The requirements state clearly that the language test must be less than 2y old and have CLB 7. However, with these kind of delays, one might wonder of any issues in their systems.
Its becoming nerve wracking now. Almost 24hours in. I get the large numbers of ITAs they issued, but it shouldn't take that much time, if its all automated. Hopefully within 48hours.

Reactions: mincepie