+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

did medicals & paid RPRF since july 08 and still waiting

timabasioro

Jan 29, 2009
My case was first processed in Jan 07. Interview was waived and I was asked to do medicals which I did in July 08.
I sent a mail requesting the status of my application and Immigrations Buffalo (where I applied to) sent a reply saying that information has been requested from other government offices.
I have not heard from them since then and my status is still "in process". Is this normal?

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
timabasioro said:
My case was first processed in Jan 07. Interview was waived and I was asked to do medicals which I did in July 08.
I sent a mail requesting the status of my application and Immigrations Buffalo (where I applied to) sent a reply saying that information has been requested from other government offices.
I have not heard from them since then and my status is still "in process". Is this normal?
- I did my medical in July 2008 and heard from them for PPR in January 2009.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
timabasioro said:
May I ask how many countries you lived in more than six months since you was 18? and if you mind what those countries were. CIC do their own background checks from those countries and it takes time, but it depends on how many and which countries.

timabasioro

Jan 29, 2009
I have only lived in one country, Nigeria before I moved to school in Canada. I hope I hear from them soon. Right now, I am on a post grad work permit in Canada.

todiefor

Star Member
Jul 9, 2008
I completed/submitted my medical on Sep '08 and still waiting for PPR. I only live for 2 countries for background check. It really takes a long time and lot of people been waiting for PPR.

todiefor

Star Member
Jul 9, 2008
sue said:
i did my medical 11 november and got passport request 19th dec
That was fast. Close to 2 months difference between medical and passport request. Congrats. Do you have your visa stamp?