+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did it get so hard for International Students to become Permanent Residents?

frankfurtvancouver

May 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In October I came home from a long travel stay in Canada and was so sad that I decided and convinced my parents to study there because I want to stay there. It's hard for them to pay it.

I know studying there was never a garanty to stay forever but at the beginning of January, Canada suddenly changed their immigration system to Express Entry. It's very competitive and International Students have almost no advantages (which is not fair but whatever)

Now I will still study there in the fall 2015 because we already spent too much time and money and the first semester its already paid. Too late to not study there now.

But I think many of you Inetrnational Students have the same unfair problem right now. So I wanted to ask if Express Entry also affects the Provincial Nominee Program? International Studnets can still apply for the Provincial Nominee Program. Does this affect the Express Entry System? Do students who apply under the Provincial Nominee Program "skip" Express Entry? So, is the Provinicial Nominee Program still the old and independent from this competitive new system?

I'm hopeless and confused and I have no answer :/ can someone help?

Thank you

kvn

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
frankfurtvancouver said:
In October I came home from a long travel stay in Canada and was so sad that I decided and convinced my parents to study there because I want to stay there. It's hard for them to pay it.

I know studying there was never a garanty to stay forever but at the beginning of January, Canada suddenly changed their immigration system to Express Entry. It's very competitive and International Students have almost no advantages (which is not fair but whatever)

Now I will still study there in the fall 2015 because we already spent too much time and money and the first semester its already paid. Too late to not study there now.

But I think many of you Inetrnational Students have the same unfair problem right now. So I wanted to ask if Express Entry also affects the Provincial Nominee Program? International Studnets can still apply for the Provincial Nominee Program. Does this affect the Express Entry System? Do students who apply under the Provincial Nominee Program "skip" Express Entry? So, is the Provinicial Nominee Program still the old and independent from this competitive new system?

Thank you
Hey there,

If you're confident with your english skills and you're able to score the max points off it then the path to PR is possible. Also make sure you have at least 3 years of studies.
As for PNP I'm skeptical because there's only a limited number of nominations and not everyone will get it. Doesn't hurt to try but EE is still the way to go as long as you can maintain those criteria I mentioned above.

Keep going,
Kevin

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ: BIQ New York; QSW: CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ: 14-01-2014, QSW: 08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
DM: 07-01-2016, CSQ: 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ: 14-05-2014, QSW: 26-03-2015
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
Transfer to a university in Quebec!
If you graduate from a university in Quebec you immediately qualify for the Quebec experience class since they still operate under the old rules. If you study at an anglophone university you will have to eventually take a French test but even if you don't know the language yet you will certainly be able to meet the score if you start learning it as soon as you get there.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-peq/index.html

dental15

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
frankfurtvancouver said:

Thank you
Immigration policy is change for always. Now, you are just start studying in Canada. You dont need to worry.
You need to focus on your study rather than immigration until graduation.

juancarlosco101

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dental15 said:
Immigration policy is change for always. Now, you are just start studying in Canada. You dont need to worry.
You need to focus on your study rather than immigration until graduation.
Good point there,who knows how it will be tomorrow

conair

Apr 18, 2015
juancarlosco101 said:
Good point there,who knows how it will be tomorrow
Well, the world over, from Ireland to UK to Australia, immigration becomes harder on a yearly basis.

juancarlosco101

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
conair said:
Well, the world over, from Ireland to UK to Australia, immigration becomes harder on a yearly basis.
really,i never knew that until now,but as i know,before Canada twisted thier immigrational laws to give chance to international students,
their laws were a little bit hard as compared to today.
Anyway each and every one got his own luck and can only hope for the best.

shivam41

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Hi every one ... This post make me really worried as i m going to study in ontario... Really thr is no profit for students in canada ...

llllllove

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
Why not try saskatchewan manitoba and easten provinces,manitoba for example,it's have a quota of 10000 people Provincial Nominee Program yearly.why don't you guys consider this way?

Floje

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2015
Med's Request
May 11, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015 Med's Passed.: May 28, 2015 Refused........: June 3, 2015 Second App...: June 4, 2015
Passport Req..
June 15, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
August 21, 2015
Only harder, but not impossible. ;)