+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did CIC just missed another "deadline" for those applied before April 1, 2015?

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
ambient2 said:
Good news everyone, according to CIC processing time calculator, people who applied before April 2015 are non-routine applicants. Congratulation !
Saw that getting updated yesterday! Congratulations to everyone who haven't taken the oath.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:
Saw that getting updated yesterday! Congratulations to everyone who haven't taken the oath.
they also wrote -
"Last update: April 25, 2016 Updated weekly

If your application is non-routine and you haven’t heard from us in six months, you may contact us. If you believe your application is not described under non-routine, you may contact us. "

I haven't heard from them for more than a year since the test day. I am going to send a message now here - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jee786 said:
Really? It's fun to listen about the taxes. LOL. Among the taxpayers, more than 80% are citizen. Guess how they feel when their tax money is getting wasted on immigration system. Instead of complaining , we should be grateful that at least CIC is working towards that. FYI, I just have the PR, living Canada for 9.5 years now and paying taxes.
Grateful ? I think this is a wrong word. We all make choices, some people choose Canada to immigrate to, some other countries. Neither Canadian government, nor immigrants have to be grateful for these choices. It's plain business, you pay money - you get service (apart from humanitarian acts like refugee acceptance).
While dealing with CIC (PR, citizenship or any other matter) One shouldn't be grateful if they complete the application on time, it's their bloody job. If they grill you without apparent reason, I can't even entertain the idea of been grateful.
And don't forget that from this 80% of citizens, how many % had to deal with CIC before?

Hello all,

Can someone explain what CIC mean by six months? From what date?

Regards,
As I recall, that means 6 months from the date you received any correspondence from them or there was any action on your file (request for new clearances, internal communications or CIC officer relocating your file from one stack to another).

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
This is an EXTREMELY important change that you can now leverage to put some pressure on them. I called the helpdesk today and enquired about the meaning of these 6 months... 6 months from the last communication you had with them. For example, your exam or your RQ. If any of those happened 6 months (or more ago), you should use the form that was highlighted by HighFive to communicate with them (ATIP information doesn't count). This is actually GREAT NEWS for everyone still waiting!

omet

May 4, 2016
Yes you re right. Agents can make inquiries to the officers. Yet, it is the same story " we are still working on some verification and cannot give you any timeline"

App received : June 24, 2013
Passed the test : Dec 11, 2013
Rq'ed : Jan 10, 2014

Still waiting

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
omet said:
Yes you re right. Agents can make inquiries to the officers. Yet, it is the same story " we are still working on some verification and cannot give you any timeline"

App received : June 24, 2013
Passed the test : Dec 11, 2013
Rq'ed : Jan 10, 2014

Still waiting
Did you try and got a reply already? This change has happened on Tuesday May 3rd 2016 (2 days ago).

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jee786 said:
LOL. Do you really think whole immigration system run by some application fees you pay? Is the system changed since you have applied or same for last many many years? Why did you bother applying since you knew thats how they work?
If you think the whole system is grilling you, why don't you go back to the place you belong and try to do something there? And yes, among tax payers, more than half born and raised in Canada and they never had to deal with CIC. The 500$ you are paying for citizenship application, its nothing compared to the amount to work you are getting since accepting the application till oath. The whole system is spending more than 100 hours for you and even cleaning dishes don't even pay 500$ for 50 hours of work.
That's why people of Canada hate us. They have every right tough. You are just thinking about straight cut business. Citizenship is not a business. It's a moral and ethical thing. Canada should make policy like only people born here are entitled to get citizenship. Rest of the people have to stay as PR. And PR has no set rules about residing Canada all the time and PR card never expire. So they can move around.
FOR immigrants, citizenship is a privilege , not their right.
You dont need to be grateful, just make us grateful by leaving Canada. That will save your time and money and save us and our future immigrants about some embarrassment they will face regarding Citizenship of convenience.
1. Check the birthrate of Canadians, also calculate the toll boomers' health claims would have on economy in near future. (You would understand that Immigration is a pure business for the government).
2. By paying taxes, I pay for every service that government provides, for their salaries, including our PM's (another business factor, you don't pay if you are not getting anything in return.)
3. If government will give away just PRs, this place wont be so attractive to immigrate and the wages in this country are not that high to attract people just for extra cash.
4. No one is talking about Citizenship of convenience here, there are many more reasons to get citizenship than just leaving the country with Canadian passport.
5. Thanks for the advice to leave Canada, maybe everyone who has western values, who can stand for their rights and voice their concerns would leave with me, you will get 'better' Canada.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:
This is an EXTREMELY important change that you can now leverage to put some pressure on them. I called the helpdesk today and enquired about the meaning of these 6 months... 6 months from the last communication you had with them. For example, your exam or your RQ. If any of those happened 6 months (or more ago), you should use the form that was highlighted by HighFive to communicate with them (ATIP information doesn't count). This is actually GREAT NEWS for everyone still waiting!
Isn't that just the same 'case specific enquiry" ? I can't see how this changed anything..it was there before. Can anyone elaborate ?

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
ambient2 said:
Isn't that just the same 'case specific enquiry" ? I can't see how this changed anything..it was there before. Can anyone elaborate ?
It is but there one important difference.

Before last Tuesday (May 3rd 2016), RQs needed to be settled within 36 months. If you didn't hit the 36-month mark and you contact them, they won't respond/acknowledge/etc...

As of Tuesday (and the helpdesk lady I spoke with confirmed that they now HAVE to send them an internal message), the system changed and the helpdesk (or you via the Web) can communicate with them and they have to respond with a case update (Within 10 business days) if you hit the 6-months mark AFTER the last communication from them.

That alone, I believe... Is a good thing.

My 2 cents...

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:

Before last Tuesday (May 3rd 2016), RQs needed to be settled within 36 months. If you didn't hit the 36-month mark and you contact them, they won't respond/acknowledge/etc...

As of Tuesday (and the helpdesk lady I spoke with confirmed that they now HAVE to send them an internal message), the system changed and the helpdesk (or you via the Web) can communicate with them and they have to respond with a case update (Within 10 business days) if you hit the 6-months mark AFTER the last communication from them.

My 2 cents...
bro, thanks for taking a time to call them. I suggest that we all send them a message online and call them too.
waiting for another year is just unacceptable. when it comes to CIC I feel like it is not a Canadian institution/organization, but from somewhere very uncivilized, where sun doesnt shine and computers/technology don't exist.

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
HighFive said:
bro, thanks for taking a time to call them. I suggest that we all send them a message online and call them too.
waiting for another year is just unacceptable. when it comes to CIC I feel like it is not a Canadian institution/organization, but from somewhere very uncivilized, where sun doesnt shine and computers/technology don't exist.
All good! This community is great and I personally learned so much on this forum!

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:

My 2 cents...
Don't want to be a Buzz Killington, but here is my 2 cents...
I didn't receive RQ or any other requests. Call agents sent 4 (four!)reminder to st.clair and every time I got respond that my application is still in process. Last reminder was sent on March 31st (still no answer). I used the 'case specific enquiry' three times (last was a week ago). Twice got the respond - app 'in Process', waiting for the last one next week.
My point is, even heaving officially 'routine' case and all my request actually reaching St.Clair office, there is no movement.