+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did CIC just missed another "deadline" for those applied before April 1, 2015?

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
According to the "promise" all routine applications made before April last year should be ready. Today was the "deadline".

Oh sorry I forgot. There is no mandatory deadlines for CIC/IRCC.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Politren said:
According to the "promise" all routine applications made before April last year should be ready. Today was the "deadline".

Oh sorry I forgot. There is no mandatory deadlines for CIC/IRCC.
Was going to open the thread but you beat me in to it.
It's is amusing how CIC website got updated every week (estimating time page) until March 22, after that no news... I was actually expecting them to change 31 March 2016 to 2017. More fuel to my psychological fire.
Call agent was kind enough today to send another notice to my office, even considering that they did it on 2 Feb (less than 90 days ago).

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
ambient2 said:
Was going to open the thread but you beat me in to it.
It's is amusing how CIC website got updated every week (estimating time page) until March 22, after that no news... I was actually expecting them to change 31 March 2016 to 2017. More fuel to my psychological fire.
Call agent was kind enough today to send another notice to my office, even considering that they did it on 2 Feb (less than 90 days ago).
It is also amusing how CIC/IRCC has a well established habit, to never keep their promises. I was sure long time ago that this "deadline" will be extended again for someday in the unknown future. Why do they give these timelines when there are officially no deadlines.

CIC/IRCC is doing whatever they want. Wonderful welcome message for all the prospect PRs.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
we should give them a week to update that "Check application processing times" page. Especially taking into account that the last update was on March 22nd, there is something cooking behind the curtain, certainly. Hopefully something positive ;)

fishbone

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HighFive said:
we should give them a week to update that "Check application processing times" page. Especially taking into account that the last update was on March 22nd, there is something cooking behind the curtain, certainly. Hopefully something positive ;)
The optimism of members in this forum knows no bounds! (myself included) :D :D

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
I also suspect that the massive injection of the 25K refugees has also impacted their ability to process other applications and they may have reallocated some resource to make sure they hit the figure on time in March.

Anyway, I can't describe my interaction with the CIC for the past 5-6 years to be particularly "great". Even with ATIP requests, they tend to drag their feet until the last possible day of the 30 days to send the report.

With the taxation level that we have and the increased fees on everything, one would expect a "decent" level of serivice (Not even asking for optimum). In some instances, I've received letters with grammatical errors... The employee who was corresponding with me didn't event bother to spellcheck their letters...

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
HighFive said:
Did you get a decision made on your app? I'm still waiting -- Feb 2014.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
'Estimating processing times' has been updated on April 4th... Deadline is still 31 March 2016 ???

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Not so long ago it was mentioned somewhere in the media that most of the backlog is expected to be cleared by the end of this year.
Which is good because is just another year extra from now procrastination.

Most probably after that there will be another procrastination for couple of months or couple of years.

Man, seriously... This is another prove that the old rules with the political influence by the Conservatives were horrible to almost all of the immigrants.

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
ambient2 said:
'Estimating processing times' has been updated on April 4th... Deadline is still 31 March 2016 ???
I lost hope in hearing "good news" from CIC to be honest with you... I'm SURE that there are applications who were supposed to be processed by the 31st of March 2016 and who still haven't...

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
The real problem is that CIC doesn't have any mandatory deadlines to follow. It was clear that this March 31 "deadline" was just part of the pre-election promises by the Conservatives.

sfaisalm

Oct 25, 2012
Called today as cic updated status was 4th april, but no information from CIC, agent said he sent an email. Very bad attitude of CIC of not being answerable