+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did Anyone got reply from University of Alberta ??

nathahakck

Sep 1, 2018
Yup, received admission offer on 11 Feb. I applied for a research-based masters in engineering.
Really? that is quite early. i get an email from the department on two weeks ago about they start processing.

No haven't received anything from the University. How long does it normally take for them to apply?

I check the gradcafe and usually admissions arrive between 3rd week of feb. Seems because of corona its getting delayed

vrunda2998

Feb 13, 2020
Really? that is quite early. i get an email from the department on two weeks ago about they start processing.

I check the gradcafe and usually admissions arrive between 3rd week of feb. Seems because of corona its getting delayed
Wow that's early. I've applied for a Masters In Occupational Therapy and they've mentioned on the website that they start the application process from March and to expect a response till Mid-May or June for international students but that would be too late as I have to file my visa also.

Moh Alduais

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
I had my future PI help to push my application along. maybe that helped hasten my process.
My future adviser sent me an invitation after interviewing me through Zoom Call.
And asked to complete the application. I applied for A master of structural engineering thesis-based.
I want to ask you how long did it take for you to receive an admission? Also, regarding funding did you receive any?

zekkeh

Sep 15, 2019
My future adviser sent me an invitation after interviewing me through Zoom Call.
And asked to complete the application. I applied for A master of structural engineering thesis-based.
I want to ask you how long did it take for you to receive an admission? Also, regarding funding did you receive any?
i think it took about a month between applying and receiving the admission offer. as for funding, the research project i chose had already been funded, so i’ll be receiving a bit of money from that and will be working as a research assistant concurrently with being a grad student. i didnt apply for any external funding otherwise, but will try and obtain TAship after my first year.

Moh Alduais

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
i think it took about a month between applying and receiving the admission offer. as for funding, the research project i chose had already been funded, so i’ll be receiving a bit of money from that and will be working as a research assistant concurrently with being a grad student. i didnt apply for any external funding otherwise, but will try and obtain TAship after my first year.
That’s great. May I ask you some questions? How much money does the funding cover?
As research assistant how much hours do you work per week? Also, I already have a fully funded scholarship from my old university for the same program without even working as TA or RA, however I would like to take my masters at u of a and develop a research experience that will help me during my PhD, so I am waiting for the offer from u of a to compare the two opportunities, what do you recommend in this situation?

zekkeh

Sep 15, 2019
That’s great. May I ask you some questions? How much money does the funding cover?
As research assistant how much hours do you work per week? Also, I already have a fully funded scholarship from my old university for the same program without even working as TA or RA, however I would like to take my masters at u of a and develop a research experience that will help me during my PhD, so I am waiting for the offer from u of a to compare the two opportunities, what do you recommend in this situation?
right now it’s for CA$10000 per year, so it’ll just cover my tuition fees. I’m expected to work 9-5 every weekday, but my hours have been really flexible so far and students have been coming in around 10 and leaving whenever they’re done for the day.

it depends on the sort of projects you’ll be doing. i’d say, go for the uni with the project that interests you and will help you in your future career in the long run. i wanted overseas experience, and have already applied for canadian PR, so naturally studying in canada was the route for me to take. and also, i was lucky to find a PI with research interests that align with mine.

Reactions: Moh Alduais

zekkeh

Sep 15, 2019
just to add, i think studying in canada is a great way for one to be exposed to people of different cultures. there are a lot of international students, and most, if not all of the students in my office are foreign students. so yeah it’s been great so far

Reactions: Moh Alduais

Moh Alduais

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
right now it’s for CA$10000 per year, so it’ll just cover my tuition fees. I’m expected to work 9-5 every weekday, but my hours have been really flexible so far and students have been coming in around 10 and leaving whenever they’re done for the day.

it depends on the sort of projects you’ll be doing. i’d say, go for the uni with the project that interests you and will help you in your future career in the long run. i wanted overseas experience, and have already applied for canadian PR, so naturally studying in canada was the route for me to take. and also, i was lucky to find a PI with research interests that align with mine.
Thank you for your reply. Definitely studying abroad is a very interesting experience.

Moh Alduais

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
I would like to inform you that after submitting my application my professor emailed me that he recommended me to the department and he will provide a total of 18000/year as RA and TA. And now I will wait for my letter of acceptance from the university.

Moh Alduais

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
I would like to inform you that after submitting my application my professor emailed me that he recommended me to the department and he will provide a total of 18000/year as RA and TA. And now I will wait for my letter of acceptance from the university.
I just received my LOA after almost 20 days, and now I will start my application for SP.