+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

did anyone approve their visitors visa? (invitation letter comes bf/gf)

marshie

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
20-03-2017
Med's Request
Done
hello po..

I'm planning to visit my boyfriend in ontario, canada this december for 1 week (celebrate anniversary, meet his family and a short tour)I'll stay in his house so i dont have problem about it. he will sponsor me when i get there. I am currenlty working here and had travel history in japan for 1 year (work). i have bank account and credit card. my boyfriend will give me invitation letter.

question is...

1. is there a possible to get visa approval even the invitation letter comes from my BF?? or do we need use "FRIEND" instead of bg/gf?

2. is it okay if his parents will be the one invites me to go canada instead of him??

3. do i still need to show proof of relationship to his parents if ever they will invite me for a visit?

hope you can help me with this situation. thank you!!

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
marshie said:
1. is there a possible to get visa approval even the invitation letter comes from my BF?? or do we need use "FRIEND" instead of bg/gf?
Be honest. Don't forge information or lie.

marshie said:
2. is it okay if his parents will be the one invites me to go canada instead of him??
If they are inviting you then that is ok.

marshie said:
3. do i still need to show proof of relationship to his parents if ever they will invite me for a visit?
Of course. You have to show how you know them, nature of relationship, etc.

marshie

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
20-03-2017
Med's Request
Done
thank you!!

regarding proof of relationship to my bf's parents.. we're not yet met so I dont have any pictures that will proof my relationship to them.. but we do skyping..

i'm planning to apply TRV on august.. just completing my docs..50/50 chanve but hopefully i can get visa approval.. So I can share my experience to others who wants to visit their bf/gf

Sharmaine

Aug 1, 2015
Hello po!

Uhm,I can't contribute anything for this topic..haha because I myself have an inquiry about Visitors Visa also... ;D

I'am a Permanent Resident here at Windsor,Ontario for 2 years now.
Well,I have a bf back in the Philippines,(we just got back together last April,when I had my vacation there) and so my bf and I planned to apply him for a visitors visa,but we don't have a clear view on what are the requirements he needed to be approved,like how much money would he need on his bank...as well as mine...and the like...'Cause I am really kinda confused...
And is it possible that when he got here we could get married?

Hope you'd help me...
Thank you so much. :)
God bless.

M

mikeymyke

He needs to show proof that he will return to Philippines before his visa expires, meaning he should try to show things like house/property, a business, bank account with money, family members back home, etc. He doesn't need to have all these things, but the more he does have, the better chance he will be approved. He should also have a good travel history.

For money, I recommend he have at least $1000/week of stay in Canada, that's usually a good amount to have.

Yes you can get married in Canada, but you must know that usually this is frowned upon because the visitor visa essentially then becomes sort of a "permanent stay" visa should you guys decide to apply inland rather than just simply getting married and then returning to the Phillipines. Because a visitor visa is given on the condition that the applicant will leave Canada, and applying inland doesn't really show intent to stay here temporarily. However, having said that, you should always be honest when being questioned because if they do find out he's lying about your intentions, he could be refused entry.

pochfaye0704

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
NOC B 1241
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
11-10-2018
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Passport Req..
28-08-2019
VISITOR VISA FOR HUSBAND

Hi, i would just like to ask, what if i'm planning to invite my husband here in canada just for a month, i'm only a tfw, and because of the temporary pause for bcpnp application, i don't know if i can apply for a pr, and the only way i can see my husband again is through VV.

is it possible that our application be approved even though i am only a tfw. in terms of funds, i will support all his expenses, and we're just planning to apply for only a one-month-stay here in canada.

and lastly, how much show money do we need?

Aug 4, 2015
I am sorry for posting in wrong thread, because i was not able to post, Pls see my exp..

------------------

Hi All,

Last to last week i had applied for the Canada Tourist which got rejected. I am totally distraught. I am unable to understand the reason. I submitted all the required docs along with my previous travel history. Only thing which i didn't add in docs was invitation letter because i didnt have one. I had submitted Flight detailed. Confirmed Hotel booking. Bank a/c with significant amount.

I have travelled to United states, United kingdom & Ireland for Business & leisure. and having valid 10yrs USA b1/b2 visa.

As per my given schedule, I had planned to visit canada for a week time from USA & come back to USA. I simply dont see reason for my rejection. I am not planning to Apply again or intend to go canada ever. I incorporated because my cousin insisted me.

Nevertheless, Could someone expert throw some light why my Visa got rejected.

Thanks in advance!

Regards

mikeymyke said:
He needs to show proof that he will return to Philippines before his visa expires, meaning he should try to show things like house/property, a business, bank account with money, family members back home, etc. He doesn't need to have all these things, but the more he does have, the better chance he will be approved. He should also have a good travel history.

For money, I recommend he have at least $1000/week of stay in Canada, that's usually a good amount to have.

Yes you can get married in Canada, but you must know that usually this is frowned upon because the visitor visa essentially then becomes sort of a "permanent stay" visa should you guys decide to apply inland rather than just simply getting married and then returning to the Phillipines. Because a visitor visa is given on the condition that the applicant will leave Canada, and applying inland doesn't really show intent to stay here temporarily. However, having said that, you should always be honest when being questioned because if they do find out he's lying about your intentions, he could be refused entry.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marshie said:
hello po..

I'm planning to visit my boyfriend in ontario, canada this december for 1 week (celebrate anniversary, meet his family and a short tour)I'll stay in his house so i dont have problem about it. he will sponsor me when i get there. I am currenlty working here and had travel history in japan for 1 year (work). i have bank account and credit card. my boyfriend will give me invitation letter.

question is...!!
Where is 'here' and how recent was the 'one year' work history? If you don't want to say where 'here' is then what is your status there. If you are working in a country where you are not a citizen or PR then CIC are more likely to bounce the visit visa application. We see this on the forum from 3rd country nationals working in the Gulf who want to visit Canada. It all depends on submitting conclusive proof that you have strong ties to that country which will compel your return. If you are say just a on a work visa especially if its expiring say in a few months after your Canadian visa application then its an issue for Canada in that you may refuse to leave after your visit!