+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did all July and August applicants get "medical received' yesterday??

jamsham12

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
03/16/2015
File Transfer...
04/21/2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 08/06/2015 DM: 10/31/2015
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2015
LANDED..........
12/30/2015
You do realize just because it said Medicals received it does not correlate to decision made unless you are talking about SA which would have no impact if your Medicals were received or not as the first stage is strictly evaluating the sponsor, it's at the discretion of the VO how often they want to update Ecas some people like me have seen this line once the file was transferred from Mississauga to Ottawa while others had it get updated months later. I would not look into this as a sign your application is being worked on, it is standard batch operating procedure by the VO's.

Beaverdiva

Aug 5, 2013
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 26/08/2015. SA 28/09/2015. In Process on eCAS - 6/10/2015
File Transfer...
29/09/2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT. Medical Results Received 14/10/15
Med's Done....
06/07/2015
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 09/12/2015, COPR arrived 15/1/16 deadline to land 7/7/16
LANDED..........
7-06-2016
Yes I think most of us realise that being IP and having MR on eCAS counts for nothing in terms of the progress on our applications.

Some haven't received SA yet and seeing MR on there caused confusion.

I think at first a few of us got a bit excited because we saw Medicals have been Received and thought that it meant our applications had been looked at.

Seeing how many got the same status has made us realise that this isn't as significant as we might have first thought.
Most of us are relatively new to whole process, so you can understand why it caused a bit of premature excitement ;D

Shwemir

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1:14-10-2015.................SA : 28-10-2015
File Transfer...
AOR2 : 09-11-2015
Med's Done....
done upfront July 2015
Passport Req..
21-04-2016.............DM : 22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2016
LANDED..........
Flagpole : 08-05-2016
Yes even our ecas got updated with medical received yest despite no SA yet. Aug 27 applicant..
But seeing something there makes me feel better than having nothing at all after all these days of wait ;D :p

MapleBacon

Oct 15, 2015
Thanks for your response Kangamoose, I was unsure if we would need to send her passport to the Sydney Office at some stage so that is great news.

CIC received our application on the 9th July and I was approved as the Sponsor on the 9th Sept. Once the file arrived in Sydney things seem to have moved fairly quickly. Best of luck and fingers crossed you move through quickly.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
After writing a letter to a number of people about how CIC should improve its communication and consistency in updating ECAS I finally received a reply. Unfortunately, it seemed that the person who replied didn't even read my original letter as he basically just confirmed that my husband's application was in the visa office and went on to explain about the processing times. I wasn't asking for information about my case. Anyways, so I wrote him back re-iterating my concerns about communication, giving applicants timely updates, being consistent, etc....maybe he read it this time ;)

C.

kangamoose

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2015
AOR Received.
02/09/2015
File Transfer...
AOR2 06/10/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11/07/2015
Passport Req..
DM 10/02/2016 Passport Copy Request 11/02/2016
LANDED..........
03/03/2016
MapleBacon said:
Thanks for your response Kangamoose, I was unsure if we would need to send her passport to the Sydney Office at some stage so that is great news.

CIC received our application on the 9th July and I was approved as the Sponsor on the 9th Sept. Once the file arrived in Sydney things seem to have moved fairly quickly. Best of luck and fingers crossed you move through quickly.

chilkootcee said:
After writing a letter to a number of people about how CIC should improve its communication and consistency in updating ECAS I finally received a reply. Unfortunately, it seemed that the person who replied didn't even read my original letter as he basically just confirmed that my husband's application was in the visa office and went on to explain about the processing times. I wasn't asking for information about my case. Anyways, so I wrote him back re-iterating my concerns about communication, giving applicants timely updates, being consistent, etc....maybe he read it this time ;)

C.
Sounds like they didn't, even if they did they may not be able to do anything. I worked customer service for a telecommunications company (vastly different I know haha) and I would get great suggestions on how to improve communication with customers and I'd pass them on all the time. They were always met with a 'meh' like attitude. Front line people that deal with/reply to our inquiries are probably aware of the failures but are powerless to help..

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
kangamoose said:

Sounds like they didn't, even if they did they may not be able to do anything. I worked customer service for a telecommunications company (vastly different I know haha) and I would get great suggestions on how to improve communication with customers and I'd pass them on all the time. They were always met with a 'meh' like attitude. Front line people that deal with/reply to our inquiries are probably aware of the failures but are powerless to help..
I know what you mean...but this was a response to my letter to the PMO...who then forwarded it to CIC..anyways...every step helps :)

C.