+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DHL "Delivery Arranged, no details expected"

nedvert

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Hi there.

So I finally sent the application.

The person at DHL Philippines told me it would direct to the courier address in Sydney however after it arrived in the sort facility in Ontario this message popped up.

I was told by DHL PH that it was now with a local courier and I had to call DHL Canada to find out which one to continue tracking the package.

I called DHL Canada who then told me a new waybill number and that it was with local carrier Loomis Express since DHL doesn't deliver in the area of the address. The DHL Canada seemed to have all my details but told me to call them to check on it.

When I called Loomis Express they had no information on my package and didn't recognize the package waybill (either the original DHL one and the new one provided by DHL Canada when it had apparently been turned over)

Should I be worried or just let it flow. I am disappointed as it seems like I can produce a "generic" signed for PDF but that's not what I paid extra money for nor is it what was promised at the location I sent it from the Philippines. (no hassle door to door service)

Any thoughts on perhaps I should just relax or call back and escalate. It's still well before the schedule delivery day but I hate the idea of not having any idea on where it is and who will actually receive it.

Thanks

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
Hi there.

So I finally sent the application.

The person at DHL Philippines told me it would direct to the courier address in Sydney however after it arrived in the sort facility in Ontario this message popped up.

I was told by DHL PH that it was now with a local courier and I had to call DHL Canada to find out which one to continue tracking the package.

I called DHL Canada who then told me a new waybill number and that it was with local carrier Loomis Express since DHL doesn't deliver in the area of the address. The DHL Canada seemed to have all my details but told me to call them to check on it.

When I called Loomis Express they had no information on my package and didn't recognize the package waybill (either the original DHL one and the new one provided by DHL Canada when it had apparently been turned over)

Should I be worried or just let it flow. I am disappointed as it seems like I can produce a "generic" signed for PDF but that's not what I paid extra money for nor is it what was promised at the location I sent it from the Philippines. (no hassle door to door service)

Any thoughts on perhaps I should just relax or call back and escalate. It's still well before the schedule delivery day but I hate the idea of not having any idea on where it is and who will actually receive it.

Thanks
There might be the case that a new AWB has been generated for the local delivery.
So, call DHL customer care and ask them for 2 things:

1. Delivery proof.
2. New AWB for the local delivery

They will share it with you.

Note: You may need to call more than once to get the above information. Not every call representative knows about it. Just ask him/her to drop you an email + talk to the senior in case you don’t get any of that. Destination delivery proof is what you need.
That new AWB delivery report may not contain the signature of the mail room recipient but it will definitely contain the IRCC mail room address.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
This is normal I understand for DHL, just not good service for that part of canada., They use a partner (courier companies often do) and it's not automated info to clients. Reliable enough but inconvenient for customers.

We used ups because of this.

nedvert

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Thanks folks. They should probably tell their bro in other countries about that as they simply tell customers that it's straight through and to check the DHL Website.

Could have used other ones lol oh well.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks folks. They should probably tell their bro in other countries about that as they simply tell customers that it's straight through and to check the DHL Website.

Could have used other ones lol oh well.
Yes, it's annoying they don't inform about that.

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
i dont think there is a reason to worry, DHL is usually very reliable, it may take some more time than expected, but should be OK

Reactions: armoured

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
I had a similar situation. You can always just call DHL Canada back in a few days. At least in my case, they were able to tell me when the package had been delivered by Loomis. In my case the delivery was much faster than DHL had originally quoted. Not that it made a diffence at all as I've been waiting over 9-months without AOR :(