+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Detroit timeline to stamp PR visa and return of passports

aba_bab

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
cecjan said:
Yes, i am waiting for my PPR as well, CIC ottawa already got my medical on June 14, 2012. I need an advice from you that should i contact Ottawa that did they recieve my medical?
The status "Medicals have been received" usually has been appearing 3-4 weeks after they receive it. I would wait till the end of week 3 to send them an email if they've received it, not that I'd be afraid they haven't, but its sort of a nice way to see if you can get an update from them. Sometimes they give you a little extra info such as "ït's in line for review, or our office has finished its work,a nd your file has been transferred to other VO for final steps" etc etc.

Suggestion to order GCMS notes is a good one, but again I'd wait for a two weeks to pass after the meds are received before ordering them, since they will be delivered 30 days later, might as well get some useful info, as right now, it would probably not show much information.

htayyab

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEP-2011
AOR Received.
NOV-2011
Med's Done....
NOV-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
JUN-2012
LANDED..........
JUL-2012
Any updates any one? Has any one received passports back from detroit via canadapost xpresspost specifically people who sent 1st week of june 2012???

olying

Sep 15, 2010
May I ask you a question - has your money order been cashed out?

I sent mine on June 6 but it hasn't even been cashed out yet!!

joemar29

Jun 21, 2012
Hi! i just want to know if i forgot to put the return address into the envelop
regarding the request passport to detroit, what will happen? they can still send it back to me without
processing the passport or they will get my address infront of expresspost? please help asap thanks!

htayyab

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEP-2011
AOR Received.
NOV-2011
Med's Done....
NOV-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
JUN-2012
LANDED..........
JUL-2012
olying said:
May I ask you a question - has your money order been cashed out?

I sent mine on June 6 but it hasn't even been cashed out yet!!
hi olying,

Did you e-cas status get updated to DECISION MADE or not?

-htayyab

htayyab

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEP-2011
AOR Received.
NOV-2011
Med's Done....
NOV-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
JUN-2012
LANDED..........
JUL-2012
olying said:
yes it was changed to decision made last week.
That's strange. Seems like the delay is because of the RPRF not being cashed out then. I'll call my bank today and ask if the same has happened for me or not. Thanks for the tip!

htayyab

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEP-2011
AOR Received.
NOV-2011
Med's Done....
NOV-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
JUN-2012
LANDED..........
JUL-2012
Just called my bank and they told me my Money order hasn't been cashed out yet either. Very strange. They received my package on June 4, wonder what's taking them so long!!! :s

TORONTO18

Jun 6, 2012
Hi htayyab,

I just saw my tracker go live. However, my e-CAS is still "In Process". I wonder if they are sending my PP's back without the visa. Is it necessary for e-CAS to show "DECISION MADE" for the visa? By the looks of it I should get the PP's back today. Hope it is good news.

Thanks

htayyab

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEP-2011
AOR Received.
NOV-2011
Med's Done....
NOV-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
JUN-2012
LANDED..........
JUL-2012
TORONTO18 said:
Hi htayyab,

I just saw my tracker go live. However, my e-CAS is still "In Process". I wonder if they are sending my PP's back without the visa. Is it necessary for e-CAS to show "DECISION MADE" for the visa? By the looks of it I should get the PP's back today. Hope it is good news.

Thanks
Congrats Toronto18. When did your passports reach Detroit? I have heard of a case where the e-cas was saying IN PROCESS even after visa was stamped so I think you should be good. Nothing to worry about. One more thing, if u don’t mind my asking. Are you located close to Detroit i.e. Ontario? I am in AB, don’t know why tracker hasn’t come active yet 

TORONTO18

Jun 6, 2012
htayyab said:
Congrats Toronto18. When did your passports reach Detroit? I have heard of a case where the e-cas was saying IN PROCESS even after visa was stamped so I think you should be good. Nothing to worry about. One more thing, if u don't mind my asking. Are you located close to Detroit i.e. Ontario? I am in AB, don't know why tracker hasn't come active yet 
htayyab - You are correct, I am located in Toronto,ON. My PP's reached Detroit on Jun 11th. All the best with your application.

joemar29

Jun 21, 2012
joemar29 said:
Hi! i just want to know if i forgot to put the return address into the envelop
regarding the request passport to detroit, what will happen? they can still send it back to me without
processing the passport or they will get my address infront of expresspost? please help asap thanks!

please anyone can help me for my problem?

htayyab

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEP-2011
AOR Received.
NOV-2011
Med's Done....
NOV-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
JUN-2012
LANDED..........
JUL-2012
Hi jormar29,
Your question is a lil unclear but from what I understand u forgot to put addresses on return expresspost envelope. I think VO should still return using the envelope u sent. Worse case is they wud return ur pps via regular mail. They wont return ur package unprocessed. Did u check ur ecas status, did it change to decision made?

cecjan

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney - NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2012
AOR Received.
17-04-2012
Med's Request
07-05-2012
Med's Done....
12-05-2012
Passport Req..
12-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-08-2012
LANDED..........
12-08-2012
hi htayyab,
Do you know how long usually it takes forthe background check results from Pakistan? I got an email rega. my applications status. They are waiitng for the result of background check, then they will contact me for the next step in due time.
Thanks,

Smile26

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
htayyab said:
Hi jormar29,
Your question is a lil unclear but from what I understand u forgot to put addresses on return expresspost envelope. I think VO should still return using the envelope u sent. Worse case is they wud return ur pps via regular mail. They wont return ur package unprocessed. Did u check ur ecas status, did it change to decision made?
Hi htayyab,

Did u receive ur pp.Plz let me know the date.

Thank you