WAIVED
Passport Req..
May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
JUN-2012
LANDED..........
JUL-2012
Hi all,

My question to all Detroit transferred CEC applicants is that what is the average processing time Detroit takes to Stamp PR visas and return back passports? I got PPR email and trying to decide whether to go in person or mail application. Your timelines would be appreciated.

Thanks,
htayyab

Torap

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2012
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
15-04-2012
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
Med's Request
08-05-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
28-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2012
LANDED..........
05-07-2012
hi htayyab ,

Could you please let me know when did you pay your RPRF fees ?

Thank you.

htayyab

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEP-2011
AOR Received.
NOV-2011
Med's Done....
NOV-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
JUN-2012
LANDED..........
JUL-2012
Hi Torap,

I didnt pay RPRF in advance. I have sent the fee along with passports to Detroit and now waiting for the visas to stamped and pps to be returned back to us. I reckon it would take 2-3 weeks, but not sure how long Detroit is taking for that.

Hope this helps!

-htayyab

TORONTO18

Jun 6, 2012
hi htayyab ,
Please could you tell me if you sent an envelope with your passports.
If yes then please could you tell me were those envelopes of a commercial courier or of the regular mail.
Thanks.

htayyab

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEP-2011
AOR Received.
NOV-2011
Med's Done....
NOV-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
JUN-2012
LANDED..........
JUL-2012
TORONTO18 said:
hi htayyab ,
Please could you tell me if you sent an envelope with your passports.
If yes then please could you tell me were those envelopes of a commercial courier or of the regular mail.
Thanks.
Hi,

I sent canadapost xpresspost return envelope as instructed on the PPR letter i received. Below is an excerpt from the letter i got from the consulate, hope it helps:

For residents of Canada
- Standard procedure: The Consulate will return documents to addresses in Canada via U.S. Postal Service First Class Mail (Regular Mail). No tracking system available. Provide a self-addressed envelope. Please note that regular mail to Western and Eastern Canada can take up to three weeks for delivery.
- Canada Post Xpresspost: If you prefer Canada Post Xpresspost, please enclose with your application a PRE-PAID Xpresspost envelope. Complete the mailing label on the return envelope showing the Windsor Post Office Box address in the "FROM" section of the mailing label (Canadian Consulate General/IMM, 401 Ouellette Avenue, P.O. Box 940 Station “A”, Windsor, ON N9A 6P2 CANADA). Make a note of the tracking number for each envelope. Please note: If you choose to select this service, your package will be sent from our P.O.Box in Windsor and will not originate in the USA.

Please note that the above options are for residents of Canada. I chose the second option so I would know whenever they send back my application, i would see the canadapost tracker go live.
If you are in Canada too, you can do the same.

Hope this helps!

-htayyab

junecec

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
htayyab said:
Hi Torap,

I didnt pay RPRF in advance. I have sent the fee along with passports to Detroit and now waiting for the visas to stamped and pps to be returned back to us. I reckon it would take 2-3 weeks, but not sure how long Detroit is taking for that.

Hope this helps!

-htayyab
Hi htayyab,

I have received PPT submission request as well via email but no request for RPRF. Did you receive similar email? So, I have sent the fee along with my passport to the Windsor address on May 29, 2012. When did you send yours?It shows the package has been picked up at the PO Box address in Windsor but not sure when will it reach Detroit!! Any idea on that? Also, did your ecas change yet to "decision made"? Mine says "in process" still. Appreciate any feedback.
Thanks!!

htayyab

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEP-2011
AOR Received.
NOV-2011
Med's Done....
NOV-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
JUN-2012
LANDED..........
JUL-2012
junecec said:
Hi htayyab,

I have received PPT submission request as well via email but no request for RPRF. Did you receive similar email? So, I have sent the fee along with my passport to the Windsor address on May 29, 2012. When did you send yours?It shows the package has been picked up at the PO Box address in Windsor but not sure when will it reach Detroit!! Any idea on that? Also, did your ecas change yet to "decision made"? Mine says "in process" still. Appreciate any feedback.
Thanks!!
You should still pay the RPRF if you haven't and your letter doesn't say so. The pdf attachment i got in the email for PPR was quite generic like it said "if you haven't paid RPRF include the payment etc." Our PPs were received on June 4, e-cas status is still IN PROGRESS. I reckon it would take a week or two for me to get the PPs back.

TORONTO18

Jun 6, 2012
htayyab said:
Hi,

I sent canadapost xpresspost return envelope as instructed on the PPR letter i received. Below is an excerpt from the letter i got from the consulate, hope it helps:

For residents of Canada
- Standard procedure: The Consulate will return documents to addresses in Canada via U.S. Postal Service First Class Mail (Regular Mail). No tracking system available. Provide a self-addressed envelope. Please note that regular mail to Western and Eastern Canada can take up to three weeks for delivery.
- Canada Post Xpresspost: If you prefer Canada Post Xpresspost, please enclose with your application a PRE-PAID Xpresspost envelope. Complete the mailing label on the return envelope showing the Windsor Post Office Box address in the "FROM" section of the mailing label (Canadian Consulate General/IMM, 401 Ouellette Avenue, P.O. Box 940 Station “A”, Windsor, ON N9A 6P2 CANADA). Make a note of the tracking number for each envelope. Please note: If you choose to select this service, your package will be sent from our P.O.Box in Windsor and will not originate in the USA.

Please note that the above options are for residents of Canada. I chose the second option so I would know whenever they send back my application, i would see the canadapost tracker go live.
If you are in Canada too, you can do the same.

Hope this helps!

-htayyab
Hi htayyab,

Has your ECAS been updated yet? When did you send in your PP's?

Thanks

htayyab

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEP-2011
AOR Received.
NOV-2011
Med's Done....
NOV-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
JUN-2012
LANDED..........
JUL-2012
No updates on e-cas apart from the address re-appearance. RPRF Bank Draft hasn't been cashed out yet either. I reckon it would take a couple of weeks more to get the passports back.

htayyab

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEP-2011
AOR Received.
NOV-2011
Med's Done....
NOV-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
JUN-2012
LANDED..........
JUL-2012
updates from any other members would be appreciated.

TORONTO18

Jun 6, 2012
Hi htayyab,

I had sent in my PP's on June 7. My e-cas is showing "In-process". However, in the description, there is an additional line which says "We transferred your application to the Detroit office on June 7, 2012. The Detroit office may contact you.". I am assuming they would have started processing now. Is your e-cas also showing a transfer of file ? When did you send in your PP's?

Thanks.

htayyab

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEP-2011
AOR Received.
NOV-2011
Med's Done....
NOV-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
JUN-2012
LANDED..........
JUL-2012
TORONTO18 said:
Hi htayyab,

I had sent in my PP's on June 7. My e-cas is showing "In-process". However, in the description, there is an additional line which says "We transferred your application to the Detroit office on June 7, 2012. The Detroit office may contact you.". I am assuming they would have started processing now. Is your e-cas also showing a transfer of file ? When did you send in your PP's?

Thanks.
Hi Toronto18,

My e-cas still shows IN PROCESS. Our passports were received on June 4 and on June 7 e-cas started showing my full address. That's pretty much all the update I have. Been waiting for RPRF to get cashed out and tracking return envelope everyday. Seems like the processing time for stamping visa has gone up from 2 weeks to a month or so. Hope we all get it soon.

htayyab

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEP-2011
AOR Received.
NOV-2011
Med's Done....
NOV-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
JUN-2012
LANDED..........
JUL-2012
E-Cas status changed to DECISION MADE today. Hope to get passports back soon!!!