+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

details of non accompanying spouse in my PR application,

Raido0812

Sep 25, 2017
Hi,

Firstly, thanks to those answering these forums, they have been a great deal of help.

I've gone through Express Entry, got the Invitation to Apply,
Used the invitation to apply for Permanent Residence, (when I submitted my application, I have marked my spouse as "Non-Accompanying".)
Now have received a message asking me to submit my Passport to the nearest VAC.

Should I include my wife's passport when sending mine to the nearest VAC?

I'm asking because the background check and medical both included spouse, and I just wanted to make sure that in this case, I should only be sending my own passports, and not including my Spouses.

Huzky

Jul 15, 2017
Hi,

Can someone give me a advice?

During my Provincial Nominee application, i have marked my spouse and my children as ("Non-Accompanying") but this month i'm going to submit my Permanent Resident Application, My question is can i include my dependent (spouse & children) as Accompanying? Thank you so much.

uscan1981

Jul 29, 2017
Hi,
i have a question here if anyone can help me out.I have received my visa to travel to canada for pr procedure.I will b travelling in the month of march 2018 Nd my pr visa expiry is in may 2018.In meanwhile my wife is pregnant and will give birth to my second child in may 2018..even though my wife and my first child are not accompanying me which is already there in COPR document.I just wanted to know whether i will b able to sponsor my second child at later date along with my other declared family members..Pls help anyone on this

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
If your child is born before you land you need to advise IRCC and return the COPR to be updated. Don't land with it if the baby is already born! If the baby is born after you land, you'll be fine.

uscan1981

Jul 29, 2017
If your child is born before you land you need to advise IRCC and return the COPR to be updated. Don't land with it if the baby is already born! If the baby is born after you land, you'll be fine.
thanks buletruck for your reply..that clears my dilemma

The Wall

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
I created my Express Entry Profile 6 months back along with my wife. As i am not getting ITA, my wife joined organization where she is working as a teacher. Now she wants to continue and with this to enhance her teaching skills and get more experience. Moreover she also wants to pursue her master in teaching field.
My question is that can i change my profile now as "My spouse is not coming me" ?
And if yes than CIC will accept my reason as a valid one.
My CRS score is also increasing in this way from 421 to 435

ganesh_i83

Aug 28, 2016
Hi experts, I just received an ITA and in the process of filling up the forms. I have a question. My wife is 7 months pregnant and she is an un accompanying spouse in the application. Now since the x ray will not be done for her, will my application get accepted or rejected?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi experts, I just received an ITA and in the process of filling up the forms. I have a question. My wife is 7 months pregnant and she is an un accompanying spouse in the application. Now since the x ray will not be done for her, will my application get accepted or rejected?
Your application cannot be finalized until your wife has completed the medical - including x-ray. It doesn't matter if she is accompanying or non-accompanying. You will need to notify the visa office that your wife is pregnant and cannot complete the medical. The visa office will then put your application on hold. Once your wife gives birth, she can then complete the medical. At that point, you will also need to add your new child to the application as a dependent.

ganesh_i83

Aug 28, 2016
Your application cannot be finalized until your wife has completed the medical - including x-ray. It doesn't matter if she is accompanying or non-accompanying. You will need to notify the visa office that your wife is pregnant and cannot complete the medical. The visa office will then put your application on hold. Once your wife gives birth, she can then complete the medical. At that point, you will also need to add your new child to the application as a dependent.
How do I approach the visa officer at the time of application and when?

Mar 29, 2015
Hi,

Firstly, thanks to those answering these forums, they have been a great deal of help.

I've gone through Express Entry, got the Invitation to Apply,
Used the invitation to apply for Permanent Residence, (when I submitted my application, I have marked my spouse as "Non-Accompanying".)
Now have received a message asking me to submit my Passport to the nearest VAC.

Should I include my wife's passport when sending mine to the nearest VAC?

I'm asking because the background check and medical both included spouse, and I just wanted to make sure that in this case, I should only be sending my own passports, and not including my Spouses.
Hi,

I have the same question. I had mentioned my wife as a dependent and non-accompanying in my application. I received the COPR email today and have to mail my passport. May I know if you sent your wife's passport for stamping? Should I include my wife's passport as well?

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I have the same question. I had mentioned my wife as a dependent and non-accompanying in my application. I received the COPR email today and have to mail my passport. May I know if you sent your wife's passport for stamping? Should I include my wife's passport as well?

Thanks
If she is non-accompanying, she doesn't get a visa and therefore doesn't send her passport.

fzin1

Jan 3, 2018
Hi everyone! This is my third post in this forum. My husband has applied for both of us for Canadian PR and we received it on July '17. He has left for Canada and has already landed. I haven't accompanied with him. Both of us had to enter by May '18. What happens now? Can I still go by May 2018. Or does he have to apply for me again?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Hi everyone! This is my third post in this forum. My husband has applied for both of us for Canadian PR and we received it on July '17. He has left for Canada and has already landed. I haven't accompanied with him. Both of us had to enter by May '18. What happens now? Can I still go by May 2018. Or does he have to apply for me again?
Yes, you can go alone by yourself before the COPR expiry.