+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Destruction of PR card

xen12

Oct 27, 2023
Hello everyone, please help me. I don’t understand the meaning of this sentence. Do I need to cut off my card photo to show them?
( As you are no longer a Permanent Resident of Canada, you are no longer entitled to a Permanent Resident Card. Please cut your PR Card in half following the diagram below:

• - Photograph or scan the front and back or the photo side of your cut PR card and send it to us by replying to this email. Keep both sides of the cut PR card until you receive your citizenship certificate and then destroy it.)
thanks

RedWhiteRed

Star Member
Apr 4, 2023
Hello everyone, please help me. I don’t understand the meaning of this sentence. Do I need to cut off my card photo to show them?
( As you are no longer a Permanent Resident of Canada, you are no longer entitled to a Permanent Resident Card. Please cut your PR Card in half following the diagram below:

• - Photograph or scan the front and back or the photo side of your cut PR card and send it to us by replying to this email. Keep both sides of the cut PR card until you receive your citizenship certificate and then destroy it.)
thanks
Yes, you will need to cut the PR card in 4 pieces. DO NOT cut your PR card before the oath ceremony.

AnonyKaty

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021

thanks
Wait until the oath ceremony. Bring your PR card (you will need it), your other ID and good scissors. The agent will bring you into a virtual private room to check the card and ID. Then she will instruct you to cut it. That's when you cut as per the diagram (across horizontally and across vertically). Do NOT cut your card before the ceremony.

After that you will be brought into a general room and take the oath in English and French. Upon wrapping up the oath you will become a citizen.