+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Destination is Calgary but Can I stay few days in Toronto

Muhriz

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Hello All,

Looking for rules regarding landing. I have got residency on FSWP and my destination is Calgary but my port of entry will be Toronto, my question is do I have to immediately leave for Calgary or its up to me if I wish to stay week in Toronto?

Can somebody please guide me, quick response appreciated as I will be landing in coming week.

Thanks.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Muhriz said:
Hello All,

Looking for rules regarding landing. I have got residency on FSWP and my destination is Calgary but my port of entry will be Toronto, my question is do I have to immediately leave for Calgary or its up to me if I wish to stay week in Toronto?

Can somebody please guide me, quick response appreciated as I will be landing in coming week.

Thanks.
Hi, you arefree to land in Toronto and stay for as long as you long. You are even allowd to settle in Toronto if you prefer. Even though you stated Calgary on your application fowm and it is indicated on your COPR, you can settle anywhere you want in Canada except Quebec. I also stated Calgary on my application but I landed and currently live in Toronto. You don't even have to explain your self at the landing point, just complete the formalities and 'Welcome to Canada'. All the best.

Mihawk

Sep 15, 2015
Hi !
What if you land in Calgary and then move to Quebec ? Is it possible even if you were not selected by Quebec ? You're still a permanent resident of Canada after all and your status is recognized in the country as a whole is it not ?

Muhriz

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pipis Husband said:
Hi, you arefree to land in Toronto and stay for as long as you long. You are even allowd to settle in Toronto if you prefer. Even though you stated Calgary on your application fowm and it is indicated on your COPR, you can settle anywhere you want in Canada except Quebec. I also stated Calgary on my application but I landed and currently live in Toronto. You don't even have to explain your self at the landing point, just complete the formalities and 'Welcome to Canada'. All the best.
Thank you very much for the response.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Mihawk said:
Hi !
What if you land in Calgary and then move to Quebec ? Is it possible even if you were not selected by Quebec ? You're still a permanent resident of Canada after all and your status is recognized in the country as a whole is it not ?
No, Quebec have their own Immigration program. You can not move to Quebec from anywhere if you do not have their specific CSQ. https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-peq/application.html

PR visa from FSW is used for all other parts of Canada but not Quebec.

Mihawk

Sep 15, 2015
Pipis Husband said:
No, Quebec have their own Immigration program. You can not move to Quebec from anywhere if you do not have their specific CSQ.

PR visa from FSW is used for all other parts of Canada but not Quebec.
Thanks for your answer, will i be able to move to another province when i receive my permanent resident card though ?