+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Designation change in EE

BKJ

Feb 4, 2017
Hi Guys,

My designation was Software Engineer and in last month my designation changed to Senior Software Engineer in the same company.

My question is should I enter a new entry of my new designation, keeping the old one in EOI form
OR shall I just update the old entry of work experience and just make it to Senior Software Engineer?

Please guide. Thank you.

Houzi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Add new entry, if you want to claim points for both positions. Otherwise your ref letter will show position you dont have in EE profile.

BKJ

Feb 4, 2017
Add new entry, if you want to claim points for both positions. Otherwise, your ref letter will show position you dont have in EE profile.
Thanks, Houzi for your reply.

So do we get extra CRS points for new designation? But, I would my Keep my NOC 2174 same and not going to change that.

harman2725

Jun 16, 2015
Nz
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
01/04/2017
Passport Req..
7/717
VISA ISSUED...
29/7/17
LANDED..........
27/08/17
Hi Guys,

My designation was Software Engineer and in last month my designation changed to Senior Software Engineer in the same company.

My question is should I enter a new entry of my new designation, keeping the old one in EOI form
OR shall I just update the old entry of work experience and just make it to Senior Software Engineer?

When i submitted my PR application , I was an assistant manager . After 1 month i become manager , but i haven't changed anything during the process as Both designations have almost same jobs and duties and higher designation are not gonna fetch any extra point.
therefore if your both designation's duties match . Just stick with the same one.

Thanks

Houzi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Thanks, Houzi for your reply.

So do we get extra CRS points for new designation? But, I would my Keep my NOC 2174 same and not going to change that.
Hi! You can definitely keep same NOC in your situation, its determined with your duties, not position name. So, your duties in ref letter are main point. If you dont show your new position on ref letter, it might mean misinterpretation. And thats pretty much end of story. You dont get more points for new position, just for years of work experience. I had a promotion too, just show 2 positions in 1 ref letter, since duties pretty much didnt change. Its as simple as that. You can upload same ref letter for 2 positions. Stick to truth in all cases, even when its something insignificant.

BKJ

Feb 4, 2017
Hi! You can definitely keep same NOC in your situation, its determined with your duties, not position name. So, your duties in ref letter are main point. If you dont show your new position on ref letter, it might mean misinterpretation. And thats pretty much end of story. You dont get more points for new position, just for years of work experience. I had a promotion too, just show 2 positions in 1 ref letter, since duties pretty much didnt change. Its as simple as that. You can upload same ref letter for 2 positions. Stick to truth in all cases, even when its something insignificant.
Thank You Houzi !! I am having the reference letter for both designations. I shall make two entries in EE one for old designation and another entry for the new designation.

Shweta_Desai

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
Hi..
Please help me, I have simlar query, i got Exp letter from my org only with the last held designation. I was hired at designation A and then it was changed to Designation B due to internal team mergers. The Roles&Responsibilities for both Titles was all the same.

The company is unwilling to give me a reference letter stating both designations. They are saying they gave letters in fixed format only.
I don't have any letter of them giving me after a change in designation.

What can i do ?
1. Attach a LOE stating designation change ?
2. Can i attach emails exchanged with HR and other departments where i have their response on denial of such letter.

I have offer letter, increment letters, salary slips and work exp R&R letter, service certificate.

Thank you for your support.
Regards,
Shweta.

Reactions: shoyeb666

Houzi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Hi..
Please help me, I have simlar query, i got Exp letter from my org only with the last held designation. I was hired at designation A and then it was changed to Designation B due to internal team mergers. The Roles&Responsibilities for both Titles was all the same.

The company is unwilling to give me a reference letter stating both designations. They are saying they gave letters in fixed format only.

What can i do ?
2. Can i attach emails exchanged with HR and other departments where i have their response on denial of such letter.

I have offer letter, increment letters, salary slips and work exp R&R letter, service certificate.

Regards,
Shweta.
Hi, first of all, don't worry! Take the letter company is giving you with last position, and add an LoE explaining position title change. Try to address point with duties remaining the same. If you have emails etc confirming title change add it to LoE, you can add anything of value, just be sure if it addresses your issue and is relevant. Good luck!

Shweta_Desai

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
thank you so much friend.. I will make a word document and attach some of the proofs i have from HR denying to give the letter in custom format.
thank you again.

shoyeb666

Jan 9, 2020
Bangladesh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi..

What can i do ?

Regards,
Shweta.
I am on the same boat now. What did you finally do? And could you manage to land in Canada?