+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DEPRESSION SETTING IN - HELP - INDIAN - SENIORS - HELPPPPP!!!

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, in effect that's what it means. We have the same trend in US since 2008 recession.
Most ,if not all jobs, are created in stratosphere (very high up) or at a minimum wage ('flip burgers') levels.
Middle class jobs are eliminated. What remains is subject to insane competition.
I think it's the same (or even worse) trend in Canada.

We help to drive the wages down, since we are in a 'sperm competition' with each other to land an 'egg' (a coveted and madly sought after middle class job). Too many of us out there , over saturating the job market, makes what we offer increasingly worthless.

Now, if you had an MBA from top schools today, you would have been taught that this is good for business. Once hired to advise your bosses, you would tell them "This is exactly what you want to happen".

IMHO, our time in North America (referring to Middle Class and New Immigrants) has passed in mid 90's. It's over for us and is not likely to change in our lifetimes. Some day kids will go to school and read in textbooks how stupid our contemporary economists were and how they deliberately turned the most advanced economies of the world into the third world economies.
Hopefully, turnaround will happen during a lifetime of our kids. I no longer believe it will happen during ours.

rahul20978

Dec 16, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, changed to Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Copies of passport
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
28-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
planning in June 2016
Well then, Maybe I should just stay in India.

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't misunderstand me, I am not here to bash Canada or to say that the countries immigrants come from are any better than Canada. In fact they aren't.

But I wanted to share my critical view, I think there are certain things that are obvious yet people have a tendency to ignore it.
It's obvious that there is an abnormal scarcity of middle class jobs in Canada and disproportionately high number of job applicants. I mean it's a fact. which means it's very difficult to (if not impossible) to land a job, and with current trends, things will not get any better.
Some people suggest that jobs are plenty and are all over there, it's just we don't know how to apply for them.
As someone who lived in times where there really were plenty of jobs, I know that this isn't the case.

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
Also, you guys need to checkout the comments 'Canadians' make on their Facebook posts. Will give you a good sense of the 'welcome' :p

Edit: CIC's offical page's facebook posts.

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo transferred to ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
13 nov, a day before the visa expires
i could not help but join in the discussion, i think especially people from US on work visas are exhausted with the immigration
process and dont have any patience to go and try out a new life....when u listen to too many negatives...
There may be jobs in Canada but not in the field which most of us are employed. mostly forest, mining, natural resource jobs are there
and good money....most of these jobs are family based business....people hire friends and relatives.....keep it in the family/community
Outsiders are shunned or have to start at a low level.....
I think the best way to work Canada out is apply thru friends family and keep trying.....efforts wont go waste....
going solo is the most wrong thing one can do.....people trust people for jobs and not resumes....

realtexdex

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Honestly none of us that work in the US are going to move to Canada; its a nice backup, I can't think of moving back to India, Canada is better than India, in the sense that it at least is first world. For those of us that work in high demand non IT jobs here in the US, Canada has nothing! I love the country but I need food on my plate and there isn't anyway I am working beneath me!

rahul20978

Dec 16, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Copies of passport
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
28-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
planning in June 2016
India is no longer exactly "third world". I have a pretty good life here now. I was thinking things might be better in Canada, considering all the hype being created about a large part of the workforce retiring, which have to be replaced with skilled immigrants. But going through the thread here, the picture may not be all that rosy. Considering I make the equivalent of about 32000 CAD a year after taxes in India, I think I can lead a better life here on that kind of money than coming to Canada and trying to live on maybe 40000 CAD a year.
Hmmm, a lot of soul-searching and decision making to do now. I don't regret having applied. I may even do the landing after getting the PR, just to keep my options open. Will I stay in Canada? Only time will tell.

rahulk9

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is a huge difference between demand and supply of jobs in Canada. More and more immigrants are moving to Canada for jobs. Whereas you will hardly find anyone starting a business there. US on the other hand is a start up hub. This is one of the reason that jobs are more for skilled workers in US.
With the amount of talent available in Canada in the form of skilled immigrants, it can be a great startup hub. Government need to promote the entrepreneurs to match there immigration goals.

rahul20978

Dec 16, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Copies of passport
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
28-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
planning in June 2016
It is certainly my intention to start a business after 3-4 years of working in Canada. In a field like mine (Civil and structural engineering), the national codes/ regulations vary from country to country. It's not like the software industry where standards are global. So I would need 3-4 years of employed experience before I can start on my own. If those 3-4 years are impossible to get, I may have to re-think my options.

ht711

Dec 6, 2014
rahul20978 said:
India is no longer exactly "third world". I have a pretty good life here now. I was thinking things might be better in Canada, considering all the hype being created about a large part of the workforce retiring, which have to be replaced with skilled immigrants. But going through the thread here, the picture may not be all that rosy. Considering I make the equivalent of about 32000 CAD a year after taxes in India, I think I can lead a better life here on that kind of money than coming to Canada and trying to live on maybe 40000 CAD a year.
Hmmm, a lot of soul-searching and decision making to do now. I don't regret having applied. I may even do the landing after getting the PR, just to keep my options open. Will I stay in Canada? Only time will tell.
Buddy if u r making 32000 cad in india then just forget abt canada, u just apply for tourist visa and see the world just dont giveup ur indian job n sell the property. The moment u will land in canada. You wont get the wow feeling. 2015 canada is not that canada which it used to be in 1985-2000. so many immigrants landing each year oh god where are the jobs. Dont giveup ur job, just take long leave and see. US is the place but its just very difficult to get immigration. Now they opened the doors for every occupation. Ready to come out of your comfort zone then land but all the best.

rahul20978

Dec 16, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Copies of passport
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
28-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
planning in June 2016
ht711 said:
Buddy if u r making 32000 cad in india then just forget abt canada, u just apply for tourist visa and see the world just dont giveup ur indian job n sell the property. The moment u will land in canada. You wont get the wow feeling. 2015 canada is not that canada which it used to be in 1985-2000. so many immigrants landing each year oh god where are the jobs. Dont giveup ur job, just take long leave and see. US is the place but its just very difficult to get immigration. Now they opened the doors for every occupation. Ready to come out of your comfort zone then land but all the best.
I'm a director in a construction company as well as partner in a structural design firm. As such, I can continue the design work in Canada also, while my partner manages the administration of the design firm here in India. So I would not really be quitting my job here. I would be continuing it in Canada. I would only lose the income from the construction firm. Of course it means 80 hour work weeks initially, but I'm used to it.

ht711

Dec 6, 2014
realtexdex said:
32000 cd is a poverty level wage , sorry to burst your bubble!
In canada u pay 15$ haircut including tip at least n in india u just pay 1$ so in india 32000 cad is a lot.

ht711

Dec 6, 2014
rahul20978 said:
I'm a director in a construction company as well as partner in a structural design firm. As such, I can continue the design work in Canada also, while my partner manages the administration of the design firm here in India. So I would not really be quitting my job here. I would be continuing it in Canada. I would only lose the income from the construction firm. Of course it means 80 hour work weeks initially, but I'm used to it.
All the best.

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
realtexdex said:
32000 cd is a poverty level wage , sorry to burst your bubble!
It is in Canada but i believe he meant that in India you could live very comfortably on that as that's way more than their average wage.

Overall I don't understand why Canada has been handing out PR cards like candy. You've had so many immigrants come, highly educated, with little to no job prospects.

The government is really stupid here on all levels.
Job competition is brutally fierce because you're getting so many applications for one job.

Our company was hiring and your supposed to apply online as it clearly states. Still you have so many desperate people coming in through door begging to speak with a manager about the job. 90% are not Canadians but desperate immigrants going from office to office in the brutal cold dropping of resumes.

This is reality in Canada. Plus everything in Canada is of a lower quality and higher cost compared to the US or other G7 nations.

If you have a decent income and life why would you risk it to come to a freezer with no job prospects?

I mean i can understand why people risk it for America but why Canada?