+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deported from USA. Will I be able to apply for Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Scylla, I am deported from abu dhabi while i am traveling back to United states. Reason is i took employment letter from a company even though i am not working, I did it to maintain status in United states. Officer who deported me said that, I can return back to US with any kind of new visa( my visa was just cancelled But i am not banned to re-enter United States) . My question is, Now i am applying for Canada Study Visa. What are the chances for my visa Approval ? Do you know any one with similar issue who got successfully got study permit visa ? Plz Help.
You will need to declaure the U.S. deportation in your Canadian study permit application. Generally speaking, it's more difficult to be approved for a temporary visa to Canada (such as a study permit) if you have been refused entry to the U.S. However it's still possible if you can demonstrate very strong ties to your home country.

Pinning

Jun 17, 2018
Hello everyone,

I kinda need advice please. In 2017, I was deported from the US - Chicago POE. I obtained a B1/B2 visa but I had the intention of working temporarily because of the very difficult economic situation I face at home. So I was deported but I wasn't given a specific period of restriction to reapply.

Ever since then, I have been to South Africa, Greece, Turkey, Morocco, France (twice), Germany and Ethiopia. I didn't have any issues travelling to any of these countries or returning home at the right time.

Now, my wife has won a fully sponsored scholarship to study for her PhD in the UK. We have two children and we have already started the process of applying for our VISA. I know the US & UK share travelers' details and so my question is, how do I ensure the mistake I made in the past doesn't affect us now?

What steps do I take? What should I avoid when filling the application form?

I just need your advice please. I am kind of anxious because it would really be painful to miss this opportunity because of a silly mistake I made 3 years ago.

I will be waiting for your responses please.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

I kinda need advice please. In 2017, I was deported from the US - Chicago POE. I obtained a B1/B2 visa but I had the intention of working temporarily because of the very difficult economic situation I face at home. So I was deported but I wasn't given a specific period of restriction to reapply.

Ever since then, I have been to South Africa, Greece, Turkey, Morocco, France (twice), Germany and Ethiopia. I didn't have any issues travelling to any of these countries or returning home at the right time.

Now, my wife has won a fully sponsored scholarship to study for her PhD in the UK. We have two children and we have already started the process of applying for our VISA. I know the US & UK share travelers' details and so my question is, how do I ensure the mistake I made in the past doesn't affect us now?

What steps do I take? What should I avoid when filling the application form?

I just need your advice please. I am kind of anxious because it would really be painful to miss this opportunity because of a silly mistake I made 3 years ago.

I will be waiting for your responses please.
You need to post this to a UK immigration forum. This forum is dedicated to Canadian immigration. Different countries have different rules as it relates to temporary visas / immigration.

Sarafiaz27

Sep 14, 2019
Again - you're inadmissible to Canada at this time. This means you cannot enter Canada for any reason.

You must apply for rehabilitation and rehabilitation must be approved before you will be allowed to enter Canada. However you won't qualify to apply for rehabilitation until sometime in 2018.

Canada is not an option for you at this time and you cannot come here. There is nothing you can do to change that.
Hi I am from India I was deported from Canada due to violation of immigration and refugee protection act. Now I work as cabin crew in India and need an ARC before entering Canada also we, cabin crew just require general declaration and not visa to fly in some countries so my question is which form, documents do I need to submit to get ARC so I can go to Canada for work purpose do I need to apply temporary resident permit or visa? Please advise. Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi I am from India I was deported from Canada due to violation of immigration and refugee protection act. Now I work as cabin crew in India and need an ARC before entering Canada also we, cabin crew just require general declaration and not visa to fly in some countries so my question is which form, documents do I need to submit to get ARC so I can go to Canada for work purpose do I need to apply temporary resident permit or visa? Please advise. Thanks
I would apply for a TRV and include a letter explaining that you need an ARC and why. Also explain that you don't technically need the TRV since you are a flight crew member and that you just using the TRV as a means of requesting that the ARC be processed.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Did you advise your carrier when applying for the position that you have limitations on what countries you have a restriction on flying too ?
Typically for inflight you have to declare when applying you have no restrictions to fly to any country your airline flies too .
Example, if you’re on reserve and suddenly called to work a flight too Canada you’d have to decline the trip, since you would not hold the proper documentation to fly
I remember there was as a flight attendant who had a criminal background that flew in. They were refused entry and immediately sent back . Crew scheduling was not happy to say the least . Since the trip had to be cancelled due to minimum staffing not met

Reactions: k.h.p.

Sarafiaz27

Sep 14, 2019
Did you advise your carrier when applying for the position that you have limitations on what countries you have a restriction on flying too ?
Typically for inflight you have to declare when applying you have no restrictions to fly to any country your airline flies too .
Example, if you’re on reserve and suddenly called to work a flight too Canada you’d have to decline the trip, since you would not hold the proper documentation to fly
I remember there was as a flight attendant who had a criminal background that flew in. They were refused entry and immediately sent back . Crew scheduling was not happy to say the least . Since the trip had to be cancelled due to minimum staffing not met
Actually before I wasn’t sure if I had life time ban or just an exclusion order. Also, the airline I work with started operating their international flight last year.so, last year I was scheduled to go to Toronto, at yyz ( work trip) as soon as we landed the I wasn’t denied entry or anything, official somehow missed that I have ban but after a month I had another flight to vancover but this time I was questioned by immigration officer at the airport and issued a letter that I need an ARC they seized my passport which was returned to me a day after when I had flight back to India.. now I am going to apply for ARC

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Actually before I wasn’t sure if I had life time ban or just an exclusion order. Also, the airline I work with started operating their international flight last year.so, last year I was scheduled to go to Toronto, at yyz ( work trip) as soon as we landed the I wasn’t denied entry or anything, official somehow missed that I have ban but after a month I had another flight to vancover but this time I was questioned by immigration officer at the airport and issued a letter that I need an ARC they seized my passport which was returned to me a day after when I had flight back to India.. now I am going to apply for ARC
so you knew you had been excluded from canada and you still showed up? bravery!

mchint006

Feb 1, 2020
Hi

1. Not a hope. You are criminality inadmissible.
a. Theft of the laptop Criminal Code 321 punishment : (b) is guilty (i) of an indictable offence and is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years, or
b. Controlled Drugs and Substances Act Possession Punishment x 2
(6) Every person who contravenes subsection (1) where the subject-matter of the offence is a substance included in Schedule II
(4) Subject to subsection (5), every person who contravenes subsection (1) where the subject-matter of the offence
is a substance included in Schedule II
(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years less a
day;

You aren't eligible to apply for rehabilitation until sometime in 2018.

I was deported while returning back to US for inadmissibility of document in 2019 October, I am not banned for any particular period. I was asked to go back to US with any kind of new Visa at any time. Now i want to apply for Canada for study permit. what are the chances ?

mchint006

Feb 1, 2020
Hello Members,

I was deported while returning back to US for inadmissibility of document in 2019 October, I am not banned for any particular period. I was asked to go back to US with any kind of new Visa at any time. Now i want to apply for Canada for study permit. what are the chances for me to successfully secure Canada visa ?

Please Help.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello Members,

I was deported while returning back to US for inadmissibility of document in 2019 October, I am not banned for any particular period. I was asked to go back to US with any kind of new Visa at any time. Now i want to apply for Canada for study permit. what are the chances for me to successfully secure Canada visa ?

Please Help.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/deported-from-usa-will-i-be-able-to-apply-for-canada.403904/page-15#post-8775880

Your question was answered back in August 2020, nothing has changed

Blessed Boy

Apr 13, 2019
In your case it will be obvious to any foreign mission that you were denied entry to the US from just looking at your passport stamps. They will ask you for an explanation about it in your interview.
Hello, I trust you have been fine? Thank you so much for the engagement in 2018.

I'm back with further questions hoping you may shed light.

I moved with my family to the UK since March 2021 with my wife being a student. We had no issues with our application to the UK (I was in the UK in 2016 before my US deportation in 2017 and my wife had her MSc in 2015)

Now we are attempting to move to the US on a NIW visa.

Could you please advise what we can do or to avoid given my US deportation history. My wife will be the main applicant.

Thank you!

Relaxmodapk

Jan 31, 2024
Thank you so much for your help for all the answers that you have sent me and for concern. I really appreciate it now i feel much better and I can see light in the future thank you again. wcc2