+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deported from USA. Will I be able to apply for Canada.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hello there just a few quick questions if any one can help me please. I was deported from the United States on TPS from haiti I got arrested for these charges as an adult

05/20/2012 BURG/DWELL/OCCUP.CONVEY 2Y 0M 0D

05/20/2012 GRAND THEFT,300 L/5,000
2Y 0M 0D

09/18/2014 FRAUD USE OF PERSONAL ID
2Y 0M 0D

09/18/2014 OBSTRUCT CRIME INVESTIGATION(ATTEMPTED)
2Y 0M 0D

I was place on probation for 3years in 2013 for the burglary and grand theft charges ,it was my next door neighbors house no one was inside me and my co defendant took a laptop some watches And aPlayStation 3 as we where getting away and trying to get in the car a bystander caught up to us with his gun and stop everything called the police and we where caught red handed everything was giving backnothing was left or damaged from us I paid restitution completed all probation requirements that I wasadvised to do. It was a dumb mistake I committed at the age of 18 I was just about to get early termination for it in September of 2014 when I caught those new charges fraud use of personal id/and obstruct that case was a credit card used not for me under someone else’s name no items we’re left from the store. I was arrested caught red handed on the spot ONCE AGAIN. The obstruction charge was me tampering with evidence trying to get rid of the credit card in the store isle before the police came. Stupid move but got caught for it. I was sentenced in May of 2015 I was giving 24months of prison with 8months of time served in the county jail I was released on June 1st of 2016 to ICE agents and taking to a detention center I did 6months in immigration before my case was settled and I was deported to my home country of haiti in December of 2016. I’ve gave you all a great description of my case now can someone please give me an outlook of me getting rehabilitation to Canada in due time? I’ve changed over these years well even before I left prison I came out a changed man my country is a disaster right now things are very tough and i want to move on with my life and get a clean start do I have a chance at all ???? Please and thank you for your time.
You're not eligible to begin rehabilitation until June 1 2021.

Micke

Mar 29, 2020
Hello

I am new here I just need some help.
4 years ago I was going to the United States to help out a friend at his store and they (border police) stopped me and searched and found out I was going. I didn’t think anything much of it because my fren was really just giving me a vacation and I’d help him out in his store. However they asked what I was going for and I told them the truth.
They gave me 5 years inadmissible to the US. I am really not interested in going back because I felt as if they didn’t try to understand how innocent it was. However i want to apply to the school in Canada but I am scared they turn me down because of what happen in 2016. Do you recommend I apply? The band is up next year 2021 and the school starts fall of next year. Please help me .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello

I am new here I just need some help.
4 years ago I was going to the United States to help out a friend at his store and they (border police) stopped me and searched and found out I was going. I didn’t think anything much of it because my fren was really just giving me a vacation and I’d help him out in his store. However they asked what I was going for and I told them the truth.
They gave me 5 years inadmissible to the US. I am really not interested in going back because I felt as if they didn’t try to understand how innocent it was. However i want to apply to the school in Canada but I am scared they turn me down because of what happen in 2016. Do you recommend I apply? The band is up next year 2021 and the school starts fall of next year. Please help me .
You were going to work illegally in your friend's store in the US, so they didn't misunderstand anything.

You need to fully declare the refusal and ban. It certainly could affect your app.

Micke

Mar 29, 2020
You were going to work illegally in your friend's store in the US, so they didn't misunderstand anything.

You need to fully declare the refusal and ban. It certainly could affect your app.
Okay I now understand that. It was my second time traveling And I messed up. Do you think I have a shot at applying once I declare and fully explain the situation? I will not hide anything.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Okay I now understand that. It was my second time traveling And I messed up. Do you think I have a shot at applying once I declare and fully explain the situation? I will not hide anything.
It's possible.

Micke

Mar 29, 2020
Okay great. Thank you. I will begin me application as my brother in law is going to be sponsoring me for the schooling. I am discipline and I have no violated anything else. That’s the only record I have. Thanks for answering. I was reading online to get some help. Is it in the biometrics that I send a letter or when ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Okay great. Thank you. I will begin me application as my brother in law is going to be sponsoring me for the schooling. I am discipline and I have no violated anything else. That’s the only record I have. Thanks for answering. I was reading online to get some help. Is it in the biometrics that I send a letter or when ?
A brother-in-law is not a usual sponsor. You will need to explain why he is paying.

You will explain when you apply, not when you do biometrics.

Alejo85

Apr 23, 2020
Hi

I went to US in 2003 I applied for asylum and it was denied in march 2007 but I got married in January with a US citizen in September that year we went to interview and my wife said we were in a fake marriage so the officer denied the i-130 after couple of months the judge gave an order of deportation I appeal but they denied in 2009 buy I didn't leave the country so in 2012 I divorced and in 2017 got married again with a US citizen she made a i-130 petition but ICE take me to detention they deported me in 2018 to my country and they denied the i-130 again they said in the letter they denied because of the first marriage because the second on they knew it was in a good faith and for this reason I'm going to divorce because my wife don't want to leave in my country so my question is can I apply for Canadian visa actually my record in US is clean

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi

I went to US in 2003 I applied for asylum and it was denied in march 2007 but I got married in January with a US citizen in September that year we went to interview and my wife said we were in a fake marriage so the officer denied the i-130 after couple of months the judge gave an order of deportation I appeal but they denied in 2009 buy I didn't leave the country so in 2012 I divorced and in 2017 got married again with a US citizen she made a i-130 petition but ICE take me to detention they deported me in 2018 to my country and they denied the i-130 again they said in the letter they denied because of the first marriage because the second on they knew it was in a good faith and for this reason I'm going to divorce because my wife don't want to leave in my country so my question is can I apply for Canadian visa actually my record in US is clean
You can apply for Canadian permanent residency (e.g. Express Entry) and be approved if you qualify and are selected. You will need to make sure that you provide your full immigration history in the application including the refused asylum claim.

You should not try apply for any kind of temporary visa to Canada (e.g. visitor visa, study permit, work permit). If you apply for any of these, they will be refused due to your U.S. immigration history.

QNQ

Jul 19, 2020
Hi
I will brief you about my case and seek best possible guidance. I was deported from US in 2002 under section 237 a 1 C (i) for violating my Student Visa as I was working off Campus. Now, I want to move to Canada immediately and seek legal advice based on below circumstances:

My Spouse and children are in Canada since last 10 months and have filed asylum, their case is in process.
I have already applied immigration through Federal Skilled Worker class but still waiting for ITA.

- Can I get Visit Visa considering my family application already in process for asylum & my deportation from US?
- Is there any other way, where any organization can help me to join my family as soon as possible, as the wait time after asylum case approval will take at least another 2 years for me to join them?
- Immigration application can be effected due to deportation from US?
- what is the fastest solution for me to join my family and avoid wait time for the case approval and then subsequently PR approval?

I shall he highly obliged for your legal advice in this matter.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
There is no legal advice here....only opinions. Hire a lawyer if you are looking for legal advice.
With a deportation from the US and a wife and children claiming asylum in Canada, you should expect any sort of temporary visa (visit, student , etc) approval to be nonexistent. Your skilled worker application is probably your best opportunity. There is little chance of expediting or facilitating your arrival in Canada. You’ll just have to wait.

Reactions: k.h.p.

mchint006

Feb 1, 2020
Hi Scylla, I am deported from abu dhabi while i am traveling back to United states. Reason is i took employment letter from a company even though i am not working, I did it to maintain status in United states. Officer who deported me said that, I can return back to US with any kind of new visa( my visa was just cancelled But i am not banned to re-enter United States) . My question is, Now i am applying for Canada Study Visa. What are the chances for my visa Approval ? Do you know any one with similar issue who got successfully got study permit visa ? Plz Help.