+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deported from USA. Will I be able to apply for Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello there just a few quick questions if any one can help me please. I was deported from the United States on TPS from haiti I got arrested for these charges as an adult

05/20/2012 BURG/DWELL/OCCUP.CONVEY 2Y 0M 0D

05/20/2012 GRAND THEFT,300 L/5,000
2Y 0M 0D

09/18/2014 FRAUD USE OF PERSONAL ID
2Y 0M 0D

09/18/2014 OBSTRUCT CRIME INVESTIGATION(ATTEMPTED)
2Y 0M 0D

I was place on probation for 3years in 2013 for the burglary and grand theft charges ,it was my next door neighbors house no one was inside me and my co defendant took a laptop some watches And aPlayStation 3 as we where getting away and trying to get in the car a bystander caught up to us with his gun and stop everything called the police and we where caught red handed everything was giving backnothing was left or damaged from us I paid restitution completed all probation requirements that I wasadvised to do. It was a dumb mistake I committed at the age of 18 I was just about to get early termination for it in September of 2014 when I caught those new charges fraud use of personal id/and obstruct that case was a credit card used not for me under someone else’s name no items we’re left from the store. I was arrested caught red handed on the spot ONCE AGAIN. The obstruction charge was me tampering with evidence trying to get rid of the credit card in the store isle before the police came. Stupid move but got caught for it. I was sentenced in May of 2015 I was giving 24months of prison with 8months of time served in the county jail I was released on June 1st of 2016 to ICE agents and taking to a detention center I did 6months in immigration before my case was settled and I was deported to my home country of haiti in December of 2016. I’ve gave you all a great description of my case now can someone please give me an outlook of me getting rehabilitation to Canada in due time? I’ve changed over these years well even before I left prison I came out a changed man my country is a disaster right now things are very tough and i want to move on with my life and get a clean start do I have a chance at all ???? Please and thank you for your time.
Besides the fact that you can't even apply for rehabilitation for a few more years, have you actually checked if you qualify for PR? Given your age, criminal record and prison time, I am going to guess you have no post-secondary education or skilled work experience and therefore aren't even close to meeting the requirements for PR.

Johnpie93

Jan 10, 2020
Besides the fact that you can't even apply for rehabilitation for a few more years, have you actually checked if you qualify for PR? Given your age, criminal record and prison time, I am going to guess you have no post-secondary education or skilled work experience and therefore aren't even close to meeting the requirements for PR.
I’ve graduated high school , I never held a real job but working at a restaurant as a dishwasher... and I actually calculated my 5 years for rehabilitation shouldn’t it be next year 2021? You say a few more years how is that?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I’ve graduated high school , I never held a real job but working at a restaurant as a dishwasher... and I actually calculated my 5 years for rehabilitation shouldn’t it be next year 2021? You say a few more years how is that?
So at this point, you have no chance of qualifying as a PR even if you do get Rehabilitation. You need education beyond high school, skilled work experience, high language scores etc.

You said you were sentenced to 2 years in May 2015. That would mean completion May 2017, at which point the 5 years started. If you had probation after that, that also extends the qualifying period.

Johnpie93

Jan 10, 2020
So at this point, you have no chance of qualifying as a PR even if you do get Rehabilitation. You need education beyond high school, skilled work experience, high language scores etc.

You said you were sentenced to 2 years in May 2015. That would mean completion May 2017, at which point the 5 years started. If you had probation after that, that also extends the qualifying period.
Ok I understand the PR situation. I was sentenced to 2years in May 2015 I had time served already I was released June 1st of 2016 there wasn’t no probation after that my time was completed.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ok I understand the PR situation. I was sentenced to 2years in May 2015 I had time served already I was released June 1st of 2016 there wasn’t no probation after that my time was completed.
You should also realize that many Haitians with TPS have been refused asylum in Canada. Some have already been deported. I am not sure if that is your plan.

Johnpie93

Jan 10, 2020
You should also realize that many Haitians with TPS have been refused asylum in Canada. Some have already been deported. I am not sure if that is your plan.
I would like to know with my charges when my 5 years is up to file for rehabilitation should I have any problems ? I’m not going to apply for asylum I would like to file for rehabilitation

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I would like to know with my charges when my 5 years is up to file for rehabilitation should I have any problems ? I’m not going to apply for asylum I would like to file for rehabilitation
Problems with what? Even with rehab approved, there is no guarantee a tourist visa to Canada will be approved. With your immigration history, I would say the chances are probably low.

Applying to immigrate is likely your only option - however you won't qualify based on your profile.

I don't think Canada is an option for you.

Johnpie93

Jan 10, 2020
Problems with what? Even with rehab approved, there is no guarantee a tourist visa to Canada will be approved. With your immigration history, I would say the chances are probably low.

Applying to immigrate is likely your only option - however you won't qualify based on your profile.

I don't think Canada is an option for you.
Hmm ok if you say so. Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hmm ok if you say so. Thanks
If you want to come to Canada, you need to focus on qualifying to immigrate. You need all of that stuff I already mentioned like a degree, skilled work experience, high language scores etc.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I just completed it and I scored 267 ☹
Yes - as previously mentioned, this is because you only have a high school education and lack skilled work experience. You'll need to complete additional education (ideally a Masters degree) and gain a few years of skilled work experience before you can hopefully qualify.

Good luck.

Johnpie93

Jan 10, 2020
Yes - as previously mentioned, this is because you only have a high school education and lack skilled work experience. You'll need to complete additional education (ideally a Masters degree) and gain a few years of skilled work experience before you can hopefully qualify.

Good luck.
Thank very much for your time and effort God bless you