+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Visa

Jks1990

May 8, 2019
Kuwait
Guys,
Request for ur advise!

I currently work in Kuwait and got married a couple of months ago to a girl who is in Canada. She hasn't updated her status as married / couldn't update her profile with relevant documents to her PR application and she just received her medical request two days ago (05-05-2019).
Questions;
1. If she updates her profile as married, does it delay her PR approval?
2. How long should I wait to get my documents verified/approved before I get any confirmation regarding PR, if she update her status at this stage of PR process?
3. What would be better, whether to wait until she gets her PR and then to add me as her spouse to process my visa or to go on with adding me to her profile despite she has received her medical request?

Any clues plzzz!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Guys,
Request for ur advise!

I currently work in Kuwait and got married a couple of months ago to a girl who is in Canada. She hasn't updated her status as married / couldn't update her profile with relevant documents to her PR application and she just received her medical request two days ago (05-05-2019).
Questions;
1. If she updates her profile as married, does it delay her PR approval?
2. How long should I wait to get my documents verified/approved before I get any confirmation regarding PR, if she update her status at this stage of PR process?
3. What would be better, whether to wait until she gets her PR and then to add me as her spouse to process my visa or to go on with adding me to her profile despite she has received her medical request?

Any clues plzzz!
How is she applying for PR?

Reactions: Jks1990

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
She has to update her profile as married. If she doesn't, it could jeopardize her ability to sponsor you in the future. Adding a spouse to a PR application delays PR applications 4-6 months, or she could name you as non-accompanying, in which case she would need to apply to sponsor you after she lands and is in Canada as a PR.

That kind of a sponsorship application takes about 12 months.

Reactions: Jks1990

Jks1990

May 8, 2019
Kuwait
Thanks for the information.
I have a few more questions.
What is Schedule A (Background / Declaration)? Being the spouse of principal applicant should I fill it up to complete the Formalities?