+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Sponsorship

Jo SA

Nov 8, 2017
Hi everyone,

My husband, older child and myself have PR. Due to medical reasons we had our second child in South Africa. We have submitted our sponsorship in early June. Is anyone able to give advice on timelines or experience? We also used a representative who suggested we submit a Temporary Residency Permit (not Visa) in the hopes that our baby can come across to Canada while we wait for the sponsorship. Has anyone had experience with the permit?

Thanks in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

My husband, older child and myself have PR. Due to medical reasons we had our second child in South Africa. We have submitted our sponsorship in early June. Is anyone able to give advice on timelines or experience? We also used a representative who suggested we submit a Temporary Residency Permit (not Visa) in the hopes that our baby can come across to Canada while we wait for the sponsorship. Has anyone had experience with the permit?

Thanks in advance!
I assume either you or your husband are already in Canada since you've applied to spnsor your younger child. Processing times tend to be around 6 months for these applications.

Generally it's a better idea to apply for a TRV first (before a TRP) - there's usually around a 50%/50% chance the TRV will be approved. If the TRV is refused, then you would apply for a TRP. Some TRPs are approved and some aren't. It's really impossible to predict what your experience will be.

Jo SA

Nov 8, 2017
I assume either you or your husband are already in Canada since you've applied to spnsor your younger child. Processing times tend to be around 6 months for these applications.

Generally it's a better idea to apply for a TRV first (before a TRP) - there's usually around a 50%/50% chance the TRV will be approved. If the TRV is refused, then you would apply for a TRP. Some TRPs are approved and some aren't. It's really impossible to predict what your experience will be.
Thank you Scylla. My husband is already there. TRV was refused which is why we’re doing the TRP. It’s so tough waiting this out. Any idea on processing times for a TRP?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you Scylla. My husband is already there. TRV was refused which is why we’re doing the TRP. It’s so tough waiting this out. Any idea on processing times for a TRP?
Ah - got it. TRP will likely take a few months to process.

dumdum_yo

Apr 29, 2019
Thanks for your advice!! Really appreciate it
Hi Jo SA - Can you share an update on where things are at? Did you receive a reply on the PR application? How long did it eventually take? I have applied for my childs PR 2 months ago and still waiting for an acknowledgement.