+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent experience (need help)

samimurtaza89

May 22, 2018
Hello Guys,

Please guide, I am really confused. My wife is the primary applicant, whereas I am dependent. I was working outside of my country but my prior employers are not providing me reference letters. I am thinking not to include my work experience in profile but on my passport, the work visa is pasted. What should I do I do?

I will really appreciate your guidance.

Regards,
sami

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Hello Guys,

Please guide, I am really confused. My wife is the primary applicant, whereas I am dependent. I was working outside of my country but my prior employers are not providing me reference letters. I am thinking not to include my work experience in profile but on my passport, the work visa is pasted. What should I do I do?

I will really appreciate your guidance.

Regards,
sami
Unless you have canadian work experience there is no need for you to write any work experience as you are not the primary applicant,there is nothing to worry about

samimurtaza89

May 22, 2018
Unless you have canadian work experience there is no need for you to write any work experience as you are not the primary applicant,there is nothing to worry about
Thanks a lot for your help.

One more question. My Wife ( Primary applicant) she has 39 months of experience continuous and than she had 17 months break in her career. Now she is working in same occupation for last 7 months. Her total experience is 46 months but in between there is a break of 17 months. Will it be a problem ? or Is it ok?

Thanks once again for your kind advice.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Thanks a lot for your help.

One more question. My Wife ( Primary applicant) she has 39 months of experience continuous and than she had 17 months break in her career. Now she is working in same occupation for last 7 months. Her total experience is 46 months but in between there is a break of 17 months. Will it be a problem ? or Is it ok?

Thanks once again for your kind advice.
I dont think she will have any issues just make sure that her work experience that she is claiming points for is in the last 10 years and that she provide all the necessary work experience letters according to cic instructions and supporting documents if available,she can then mention the reasons or situation when wasnt employed in loe,extra clarification wont hurt and anyways i dont think that is even needed

fmk8890

Dec 10, 2017
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2018
AOR Received.
04-05-2018
File Transfer...
08-08-2018
Med's Request
01-05-2018
Med's Done....
01-05-2018
Passport Req..
24-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2018
LANDED..........
11-11-2018
Hi wolverine (cool name! :) )

I submitted my profile but now I realize that I put the work experience I am not earning any points for, in the work history - and also uploaded the reference letters in the documents upload side (and not in the LOE). Does it matter?

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Hi wolverine (cool name! :) )

I submitted my profile but now I realize that I put the work experience I am not earning any points for, in the work history - and also uploaded the reference letters in the documents upload side (and not in the LOE). Does it matter?
No it doesnt and anyways reference letters are to be uploaded in the documents tab not in the loe tab

samimurtaza89

May 22, 2018
No it doesnt and anyways reference letters are to be uploaded in the documents tab not in the loe tab
Hey Wolverine Once agian,

I got one problem. I became CA Member in 2016 ( whereas I cleared all my exams in 2014). In ECA report they wrote my member year 2014 instead of 2016. Will it be a problem if I submit this ECA report?

Thanks in advance

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Hey Wolverine Once agian,

I got one problem. I became CA Member in 2016 ( whereas I cleared all my exams in 2014). In ECA report they wrote my member year 2014 instead of 2016. Will it be a problem if I submit this ECA report?

Thanks in advance
Can you illustrate what is ca?

samimurtaza89

May 22, 2018
Can you illustrate what is ca?
CA is Chartered Accountant. To become Chartered Accountant you have to pass 15 exams and 3 years of experience.

I cleared all exams in 2014 but due to lack of experience at that time, I got awarded in 2016. ECA is showing awarded 2014 ( which is my last exam year on transcript).

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
CA is Chartered Accountant. To become Chartered Accountant you have to pass 15 exams and 3 years of experience.

I cleared all exams in 2014 but due to lack of experience at that time, I got awarded in 2016. ECA is showing awarded 2014 ( which is my last exam year on transcript).
I am not really sure if it
Will be an issue or not but i suppose not as its not something that affects your overall educational assesment results its just a mistake,to be on the safe side try contacting wes if possible let them correct that mistake if they did then fine if not attach the conversation between you and wes in your loe to proof that you tried along with a proper explanation of the situation in your loe or you can just option to mention the situation in your loe without doing anything extra