+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child

kitkat1977

Dec 3, 2017
Good evening to all! I need some clarifications regarding dependent child. If I'm the main applicant and I will sponsor my common law partner and if she has a child from her previous marriage but the child will not yet accompany us to immigrate in Canada, in which form shall I include the child. plus in the proof of funds, are we going to include her in our funds? meaning shall we have a fund for 2 or for 3 family members. will appreciate an immediate reply.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Good evening to all! I need some clarifications regarding dependent child. If I'm the main applicant and I will sponsor my common law partner and if she has a child from her previous marriage but the child will not yet accompany us to immigrate in Canada, in which form shall I include the child. plus in the proof of funds, are we going to include her in our funds? meaning shall we have a fund for 2 or for 3 family members. will appreciate an immediate reply.
Hi

You are not sponsoring your partner; she is included as a dependent in your app. Her child must also be included as a dependent, even if non-accompanying; the child will need to be included in the forms, undergo a medical and be counted for proof of funds.

kitkat1977

Dec 3, 2017
thank u for your response.
I have one more inquiry. In IMM 5406 form, as I'm not the parent / guardian of the child, should I sign on the portion says that
"Fill out this section if this child is travelling to Canada with someone other than the parent / guardian"

This is a little bit confusing for me..
thank u again