Interview........
Aug. 25, 2015
Passport Req..
Aug. 11, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 5, 2015 (delivered 10/24/15) valid up to 04/10/16
LANDED..........
LC1 -Aug.25, 2015; LC2 - Dec. 22, 2015
My daughter is finally here in Canada. She just turned 23 before coming over. She's type A (meaning she was still 18 when I filed my application). But it took CIC forever to process our papers and as our papers are being processed, she finished school, went to work after and we have not encountered any problem about her working and not continuing with her studies.

erikamuega

Oct 2, 2015
Hello Ma'am,

I have the same problem.

We first submitted our documents last November 2014, When I was still 19 and studying full time in a University.

Though, my mother applied us for migration last September 2011 (where the type A dependent child definition was still under 22 years of age).

We had our medical last December 2014 and didn't go further until then.

Now, I am 21 and working full time. We had our second medical examination last April 2016.

My mother (who is in Canada) is forcing me to go back to a university and apply for a full load again.

Should I follow her suggestion? Or should I keep my job since this thread told me that the age was lock in on the time of application.

Thank you and Best Regards everyone!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
erikamuega said:
Hello Ma'am,

I have the same problem.

We first submitted our documents last November 2014, When I was still 19 and studying full time in a University.

Though, my mother applied us for migration last September 2011 (where the type A dependent child definition was still under 22 years of age).

We had our medical last December 2014 and didn't go further until then.

Now, I am 21 and working full time. We had our second medical examination last April 2016.

My mother (who is in Canada) is forcing me to go back to a university and apply for a full load again.

Should I follow her suggestion? Or should I keep my job since this thread told me that the age was lock in on the time of application.

Thank you and Best Regards everyone!
Others will correct me but as original, application was made September 2011 so before the dependant age changed August 1 2014 then my my assumption would be you are locked in as a dependant.

There is a useful check here but to be sure I guess double check status with CIC http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/aod-tool.asp . Do NOT rely on advice from a forum for your personal status, a forum can only give a view based on input so please validate with CIC the status of your own application.

As far as going back to Uni seems a stretch given as you say you already been there done that and unless is to build on your current qualifcations, Masters etc what would be the objective. Also if thinking of Canada for this remember international fees apply.

One thing though do not get married or in a common law relationship as that will likely cancel out the lock in which assumes being a single dependant at time of visa issue, having a spouse makes you no longer a dependant.

Others can comment as the lock in process has some pretty vague wording that is easily misunderstood

erikamuega

Oct 2, 2015
Thank you so much! :D

I think I need more opinions from the others so that I can weigh in the pros and cons of keeping my job while on the process of our papers.

arai707

Oct 5, 2016
My family submitted application when I was under 22 before Aug 1 2014. But I turned 22 this year in April.
CIC requested medical exam and proof of full-time student status in May (since I'm type A dependent, do I have to be in school?)
I graduated few months ago and CIC request us to send passport a week ago.

Can anyone explain if my application will be rejected since I'm no longer in school?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
arai707 said:
My family submitted application when I was under 22 before Aug 1 2014. But I turned 22 this year in April.
CIC requested medical exam and proof of full-time student status in May (since I'm type A dependent, do I have to be in school?)
I graduated few months ago and CIC request us to send passport a week ago.

Can anyone explain if my application will be rejected since I'm no longer in school?
Since you're type A - it shouldn't matter that you are no longer attending school. You should be fine.

arai707

Oct 5, 2016
scylla said:
Since you're type A - it shouldn't matter that you are no longer attending school. You should be fine.
On the letter, it says that "for all dependent children 19 and over, please provide evidence of being continuously enrolled in and attending a post-secondary institution that is accredited by the relevant government authority"

Why did they even request my proof of full-time student status along with medical exam? And they mentioned 19 and over, I'm not sure how they applied this.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arai707 said:
On the letter, it says that "for all dependent children 19 and over, please provide evidence of being continuously enrolled in and attending a post-secondary institution that is accredited by the relevant government authority"

Why did they even request my proof of full-time student status along with medical exam? And they mentioned 19 and over, I'm not sure how they applied this.
Keep in mind that the letter is not written personally for your family situation. It is a form letter. They are reminding people to send full time student evidence for children who were over age, full time students, at the time of the application. This does not apply to you. The age of 19 is stemming from there being a change in the age of dependent children lowered from 22 to 19. This does not apply to you either as it was 22 when you applied and you were under 22 at that time and your age is locked in on the application date. The only thing you can't do is get married or enter into a common law partnership because that would void your dependent child status. You do not have to continue your studies.

arai707

Oct 5, 2016
Leon said:
Keep in mind that the letter is not written personally for your family situation. It is a form letter. They are reminding people to send full time student evidence for children who were over age, full time students, at the time of the application. This does not apply to you. The age of 19 is stemming from there being a change in the age of dependent children lowered from 22 to 19. This does not apply to you either as it was 22 when you applied and you were under 22 at that time and your age is locked in on the application date. The only thing you can't do is get married or enter into a common law partnership because that would void your dependent child status. You do not have to continue your studies.
Thanks! That's very helpful!

I already submitted proof of student status for the period when I was in school.
I'm submitting my passport now, and there's the Canadian post graduate work permit on my passport. So you're saying this is okay?
How do I verify the age that was locked in for my application?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arai707 said:
Thanks! That's very helpful!

I already submitted proof of student status for the period when I was in school.
I'm submitting my passport now, and there's the Canadian post graduate work permit on my passport. So you're saying this is okay?
How do I verify the age that was locked in for my application?
Do you have the date the application was filed? Somebody should have sent your family a letter stating that the application was received on date x. Were you younger than 22 on this date? Your birthdate would be in your passport and on your birth certificate and immigration has both. So you can send them a copy of your passport with the birthdate highlighted and include a cover letter stating that you are a dependent type A as you were under 22 when the application was received and therefore your age was locked in as a type A and you do not need to continue to be a full time student.

arai707

Oct 5, 2016
Leon said:
Do you have the date the application was filed? Somebody should have sent your family a letter stating that the application was received on date x. Were you younger than 22 on this date? Your birthdate would be in your passport and on your birth certificate and immigration has both. So you can send them a copy of your passport with the birthdate highlighted and include a cover letter stating that you are a dependent type A as you were under 22 when the application was received and therefore your age was locked in as a type A and you do not need to continue to be a full time student.
Okay thanks!
Since I already got passport request letter, do you think I should do this now or wait until they made a decision about my application?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arai707 said:
Okay thanks!
Since I already got passport request letter, do you think I should do this now or wait until they made a decision about my application?
If you got a passport request, you should send in your passport.

khubi

Jul 8, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Paksitan
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
sir...
bro
My daughter is under 22 when i applied..her medical been done..i submitted landing fess.
my question is..
will she go with us because...
please sir i am so much tensed

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
khubi said:
sir...
bro
My daughter is under 22 when i applied..her medical been done..i submitted landing fess.
my question is..
will she go with us because...
please sir i am so much tensed
The rules changed Aug 1, 2014. So if you submitted your original application before this date, then a daughter under age 22 would have their age locked in and would still be included if app is still processing today.

If you submitted your original app after this date, then she is too old to qualify as a dependent (rule changed age to under 19 yrs old), so you should expect she will be removed from your application. She would then need to qualify to immigrate independently.

khubi

Jul 8, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Paksitan
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Rob_TO said:
The rules changed Aug 1, 2014. So if you submitted your original application before this date, then a daughter under age 22 would have their age locked in and would still be included if app is still processing today.

If you submitted your original app after this date, then she is too old to qualify as a dependent (rule changed age to under 19 yrs old), so you should expect she will be removed from your application. She would then need to qualify to immigrate independently.
[/quot
Thanks a lot sir for your reply..
my application submitted on 7th June 2016
her medical is also done.
i also submitted the landing fess..
in my timeline they did not mention that she is removed from my application
so my question is...
when they removed her...is there any chance ..
because i sent them passport copies..