+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship

qalmdallal

Oct 5, 2014
Hi;
I am a Canadian citizen; married with four kids and all living outside Canada. My wife is a permanent resident of Canada while three of our kids are Canadian citizens. However, one of my kids (13 years old now) was born before I was granted the citizen. Recently, my wife (a house wife) and the kids are planning to move to Canada. What is the best way to sponsor my kid if I am not planning to quit my job. Your advice is highly appreciated.

Qasem

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi;
I am a Canadian citizen; married with four kids and all living outside Canada. My wife is a permanent resident of Canada while three of our kids are Canadian citizens. However, one of my kids (13 years old now) was born before I was granted the citizen. Recently, my wife (a house wife) and the kids are planning to move to Canada. What is the best way to sponsor my kid if I am not planning to quit my job. Your advice is highly appreciated.

Qasem
You can't sponsor your child without showing proof that you are returning to live in Canada.

Your wife can return to Canada and sponsor the child.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Hi;

Qasem
If your wife returns to Canada and sponsors the dependent child IRCC will request a Notice of Assessment or proof of income from her.
You can act as a co-signer but that will require an eligibility assessment.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
If your wife returns to Canada and sponsors the dependent child IRCC will request a Notice of Assessment or proof of income from her.
You can act as a co-signer but that will require an eligibility assessment.
There is no minimum income requirement, so OP and spouse can show their combined finances even if OP is not a co-signer.

qalmdallal

Oct 5, 2014
Is it possible for my wife to submit the sponsorship application while she is outside Canada because it is very difficult to stay away from the kids?