+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent child Sponsorship- Need help

illuminatidinesh

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Other
I am a Canadian PR ( sponsored my wife last year- she s a PR now). My 5 month oldson lives in India with my wife ( he was born in India) How do I sponsor him now?
Is there a detailed description in the forum on how to fill the forms? Both sponsor and Primary applicant form?
Since my wife has not completed 3 years as PR she cantbe a co signer right?
The checklist says I need to attach imm 5604e ( declaration of non accompnying parent for minors immigrating to canada) - Who fills this form - Me or my wife? She is going to accompnymy son from India to canada.
help
Regards
Dinesh

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am a Canadian PR ( sponsored my wife last year- she s a PR now). My 5 month oldson lives in India with my wife ( he was born in India) How do I sponsor him now?
Is there a detailed description in the forum on how to fill the forms? Both sponsor and Primary applicant form?
The checklist says I need to attach imm 5604e ( declaration of non accompnying parent for minors immigrating to canada) - Who fills this form - Me or my wife? She is going to accompnymy son from India to canada.
help
Regards
Dinesh
Like you did with your wife you will have to sponsor your child. You can attesttry to get a trv for your child to come to Canada but they would not qualify for healthcare coverage until sponsorship is completed. If trv is denied you can try trp and then do PR sponsorship. The child would not get healthcare coverage until sponsorship in this case as well. You also have the option of sponsoring your child while you remain in Canada and your child and wife remain in India. You can take a few short vacations 2-3 weeks maximum.

Reactions: illuminatidinesh

illuminatidinesh

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Other
Like you did with your wife you will have to sponsor your child. You can attesttry to get a trv for your child to come to Canada but they would not qualify for healthcare coverage until sponsorship is completed. If trv is denied you can try trp and then do PR sponsorship. The child would not get healthcare coverage until sponsorship in this case as well. You also have the option of sponsoring your child while you remain in Canada and your child and wife remain in India. You can take a few short vacations 2-3 weeks maximum.
Thanks for the reply.... Can u or someone tell me about 5604e .... who needs to fill that ?Me or my wife?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
help
Regards
Dinesh
You don't need a co-signer for a dependent child sponsorship app.

No one fills out IMM5604. It only applies when one parent is not a Canadian citizen/PR and is not immigrating with the child.

Reactions: illuminatidinesh

illuminatidinesh

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Other
You don't need a co-signer for a dependent child sponsorship app.

No one fills out IMM5604. It only applies when one parent is not a Canadian citizen/PR and is not immigrating with the child.
Thanks but I won't be accompanying my wife and kid . Still 5604 is not needed right ?

tozach

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
I sent the application to sponsor my daughter last week. There are cases where CIC has asked for the declaration from the second parent if that parent is not in Canada when the application is made. If both parent are already in Canada, you might not need the declaration if you include the other parent as a co-signer. But if they are not in Canada, it is better to include it.

Hope your process is going well. Please include your updates too in this thread. I have not received the acknowledgment yet and I waiting for it with bated breath :)