+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship - India

JohnAntony88

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Hi all,

I am trying to sponsor my child from India to Canada. Myself, wife and elder daughter already have PR. I have been checking to see child sponsorship threads and most of them are of people posting timelines post applying. It would be great if someone who had applied from India could help me with filling the forms, as there are a hell lot of them.:(

Thanks in advance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

I am trying to sponsor my child from India to Canada. Myself, wife and elder daughter already have PR. I have been checking to see child sponsorship threads and most of them are of people posting timelines post applying. It would be great if someone who had applied from India could help me with filling the forms, as there are a hell lot of them.:(

Thanks in advance
If you need help filling out forms, you will need to hire someone.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes, hire a registered immigration consultant (registered with ICCRC Canada). That's pretty much their job description. If you can't afford that, then read the guides carefully and ask questions here. It's not that hard if you take it step by step.

JohnAntony88

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017

kaur2019

Jun 27, 2019
What I'm confused about is why is your child in India and why are you three there? Did your elder daughter sponsor you? And is your child under 18? The forms are very simple to fill out if you need help, message me or try booking an appointment with a lawyer. I am filing out my husband's application for sponsorship and we will most likely file from India.

JohnAntony88

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Oh sorry about the mixup...my wife, 2 yr old daughter and newborn baby are in India. I am trying to sponsor my newborn to Canada. My wife and elder daughter already have PR.

ajay100

Jan 16, 2017
Help ,,, my 2 year child still do not go to school. But IMM 5669 background check form is not getting validate without education history. What to do, plz advice.

Surexistence

Dec 17, 2018
Yes, hire a registered immigration consultant (registered with ICCRC Canada). That's pretty much their job description. If you can't afford that, then read the guides carefully and ask questions here. It's not that hard if you take it step by step.
I used the guidline provided by ircc
Help ,,, my 2 year child still do not go to school. But IMM 5669 background check form is not getting validate without education history. What to do, plz advice.
just put student

ajay100

Jan 16, 2017
Hi.
guys,when i checked the corresponding forms for Dependent child from India, i got a checklist. From those, the 2nd form raised some confusion as I was filling. Do I need to fill it out for my child? The information asked is quite similar to the first one. There is no additional dependent here. So what should I be doing?
Hi. You have already applied for dependent child
Plz help me. My child is 2 year old and background check form 5669 is not getting validate without education, but my child don't go to school yet.
No clue any where.

JohnAntony88

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
I am trying to fill in the documents required in order to sponsor my child India to Canada. When I checked the CIC website, the following forms were generated based on the country

Forms for the sponsor to fill out
Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344) (PDF, 588.96 KB)
Sponsorship Evaluation [IMM 5481] (PDF, 742.74 KB)
Financial Evaluation [IMM 1283] (PDF, 1.24 MB)
Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 648.31 KB)

For the person being sponsored (principal applicant):
Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 646.80 KB)
Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 427.78 KB)
Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 2.22 MB)
Schedule A – Background/Declaration [eIMM 5669] (PDF, 507.16 KB)
Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 636.17 KB)
Country specific requirements

India - Additional forms for residents
Supplementary Information – Your travels [IMM 5562] (PDF, 1.76 MB)

Now I filled the generic application form as required, but in a doubt as to whether I have to fill the additional dependents form, and if so, should I be filling in the family member details? Also, what should I fill in for the background/declaration for a 4 month old infant? Please help