+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship -2023

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Your case and the other poster's is DIFFERENT.
You are waiting to land after your baby is born. The one that kept replying had landed as a PR before he returned to home land and then the child was born after.
That's why we told you NOT to land and inform IRCC. Getting MORE info from that other poster won't help you.
But it's up to you.

I had landed in March 2022 and went back to my home country. I had a kid here in home country in 2023 and now I am going back to Canada

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am not sure if i am getting your point, but myself landed back in AUG 2020 which is soft landing and we returned back after staying a month in Canada, in that meantime we received our PR, my baby born in 2021 and i applied TRV and i got it, and in 2023 we landed permanently, so i never had an issue with the TRV and it was very straight forward case.
I had landed in March 2022 and went back to my home country. I had a kid here in home country in 2023 and now I am going back to Canada
Sorry. I mixed up your background with kkarim999.

In this case, you are fine to do what FJK1982 suggested.

HakkiBill

Jun 19, 2021
I applied for permanent residency in 2017 for myself, my three children, and my spouse, who were living in Turkey at the time. In 2018, my ex-spouse initiated a divorce proceeding. When I requested the documents for PR from the Canadian Ankara office in 2018, they did not send them. I wrote a letter requesting my file to be put on hold until the court case was resolved, but they informed me that this couldn't be done and sent the documents back to the Mississauga office. I became a citizen in 2022, separated from my ex-spouse, and remarried in the U.S. in 2022. I've been waiting for the green card application result in the U.S. for 14 months, expecting it to be finalized in 1-2 months. After it's approved, I plan to live in Canada. Now, my eldest child has obtained permission from his mother, and I would like to apply for permanent residency for him in Canada. Has anyone experienced a similar process? Is there someone who can assist for a fee with the forms? I've filled out all the forms; what remains is to have them reviewed and submitted.

kkarim999

Jan 18, 2024
@YVR123 Thanks a lot for the detailed answer. After all the communications on this thread again I'm a bit confused.

Just for clarification, I can not go via option 1, as the baby has already been born since my first post.

So, what I understand again, there are 2 options:

1. To inform IRCSS once I get the baby's passport (before landing), together with updated proof of funds, and relevant IMM form for the addition of a new family member (is applicable). However, if at that time, I as a PA, and the whole family will have in hand our visas, my concern is that this new application for a new family member can affect the visa of my and family members COPR or visa. I mean reassessment, cancellation etc. If not, it means that it will be just a matter of time to wait until we get the final COPR and visa for the baby. 2nd concern is if informing IRCC and getting a final answer (COPR) from them can take more than 6 months or not. (probably no one can answer this question).

2. The easiest option for me is getting TRV for the baby before landing, then inform IRCC and make an inland application for PR, if I got the point. However, if I do both of them, I mean informing IRCC then in parallel applying for the TRV before landing option makes also sense in my opinion.

thanks in advance for the clarification and thoughts.

So I assume that you are the PA of the PR application. DO NOT land after the baby is born and just assume that you can just apply for third baby's TRV and bring baby over.

If you try to do that, this kid will be excluded from being sponsored as your dependent FOREVER. There are 2 ways to do it.
1) You and some of your families land first BEFORE the baby is born. Then after the baby is born, sponsor the rest of the family that didn't travel with their stamped passport. (wife and may be kid(s) too young to travel with you. And you need to sponsor them (note, you need to live in Canada while waiting for the application to be approved)

2) Wait till after baby is born ( assuming that your stamped passport visa is valid after that). Then notify IRCC that your family has changed and there is a new child under your application. You will need to add him to your application, Update forms. IRCC will contact you to get new medical (the rest of the family may also need medical if theirs have expired by then). Then IRCC will approve your updated application again and ask for passports and new stamps for the new visa. Then your whole family can land together.

Again DO NOT land after baby is born and just apply for TRV and try to land after that. You were getting a wrong respond possibily because you posted at the wrong section of the forum. While PR/citizen are sponsoring their families. You are not yet PR. You are under an economic stream and the process is different.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
@YVR123 Thanks a lot for the detailed answer. After all the communications on this thread again I'm a bit confused.

Just for clarification, I can not go via option 1, as the baby has already been born since my first post.

1. To inform IRCSS once I get the baby's passport (before landing), together with updated proof of funds, and relevant IMM form for the addition of a new family member (is applicable). However, if at that time, I as a PA, and the whole family will have in hand our visas, my concern is that this new application for a new family member can affect the visa of my and family members COPR or visa. I mean reassessment, cancellation etc. If not, it means that it will be just a matter of time to wait until we get the final COPR and visa for the baby. 2nd concern is if informing IRCC and getting a final answer (COPR) from them can take more than 6 months or not. (probably no one can answer this question).

2. The easiest option for me is getting TRV for the baby before landing, then inform IRCC and make an inland application for PR, if I got the point. However, if I do both of them, I mean informing IRCC then in parallel applying for the TRV before landing option makes also sense in my opinion.

1 is your only option. You CANNOT proceed with option 2. The child MUST be included in your current PR application. IRCC WILL require the child to have medicals, etc. You absolutely should NOT land in Canada before advised to do so by IRCC (which will almost certainly be after the child is issued copr and visa, too).

This MIGHT involve issuing new COPRs and visas to you and other family members (and cancelling the current ones). It's up to IRCC. (My guess is that they will have to issue new to all and esp to you because it lists dependents of principal applicant on COPR, if I remember correctly.)

Reactions: YVR123

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I applied for permanent residency in 2017 for myself, my three children, and my spouse, who were living in Turkey at the time. In 2018, my ex-spouse initiated a divorce proceeding. When I requested the documents for PR from the Canadian Ankara office in 2018, they did not send them. I wrote a letter requesting my file to be put on hold until the court case was resolved, but they informed me that this couldn't be done and sent the documents back to the Mississauga office. I became a citizen in 2022, separated from my ex-spouse, and remarried in the U.S. in 2022. I've been waiting for the green card application result in the U.S. for 14 months, expecting it to be finalized in 1-2 months. After it's approved, I plan to live in Canada. Now, my eldest child has obtained permission from his mother, and I would like to apply for permanent residency for him in Canada. Has anyone experienced a similar process? Is there someone who can assist for a fee with the forms? I've filled out all the forms; what remains is to have them reviewed and submitted.
-Were your spouse and children examined (medicals etc) done at the time of your original application? Do you know if status of the children was listed as non-accompanying at the time? If not, was there ever any correspondence with IRCC about NOT having the children examined, submission of custody information anything like that to remove the children from your 'family' info?

-You cannot apply to sponsor the children while residing abroad. If you are getting and have green card (a status you will have to disclose), you should expect some additional scrutiny of your app to sponsor your child (to ensure you're living in Canada).

There are legal firms including the one that sponsors this forum - link somewhere up top, cohen immigration law - but generally not cheap to have document just reviewed.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

As another member replied, the new option 1 is your only option. You cannot land without adding your baby in your PR application. If you do that, you will NEVER be able to sponsor this baby. Do you want to exclude him from your family?

For sure you could also try to apply TRV for you baby but the chance of this being approved while you added him to PR application may be low. And do you want your whole family to come here and wait for PR application to be approved (with no work permit/study permit/health insurnace coverage)?

Many people have done this (adding new family member), take a look at other sections of the forum (PNP, EE...etc). Those are discussion where people have similar experience.
In family class sponsorship section, most people are already PR/citizen before they get married/have new children. The process is very different.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/provincial-nomination-program-immigration.6/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/express-entry-expression-of-interest.54/

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
Thanks Andrew for your reply. Do you know what is the validity of the TRV? Do they mention a date on the visa before which the kid needs to arrive in Canada?

I am planning to bring my kid and wife (already a PR) in Canada sometime in May or June. So should I be applying for TRV right away or I should wait for a couple of months?
The TRV was a 5 year multiple use visa

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
Why do you think better to apply for TRV first? Both can be done simultaneously, in principle. There's no outland/inland distinction for dependent children, so ... starting it earlier likely to get it finished earlier (with attendant benefits for health care eligibility, etc). Obviously one applies for the TRV so as to bring the kid earlier so understand why that would be priority.

But an honest question on my part.

Apply for the TRV right away, sometimes approved quickly, sometimes longer. As noted, I don't see a downside to applying for PR for the child before arriving in Canada - you just update address with IRCC once in Canada.

I understood to mean the spouse is a PR, the child - not.
the op is PR so they can’t sponsor the child until they come back to Canada. If you want to be separated I guess they can come back to Canada first and start Pr process.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
the op is PR so they can’t sponsor the child until they come back to Canada. If you want to be separated I guess they can come back to Canada first and start Pr process.
Oh, in flurry of different posts I must have got them mixed in my head, you're right of course.

gabscoolboy

Jan 26, 2024
Hi,
My baby mama refusing to sign imm5604 form to permit me sponsor my 4years old kid to Canada.
What do i do please.
Not married to me,
No court orders or authorization but the child lives with me

eudigao

Oct 26, 2018
My timeline:
1.) Application submitted: Aug 16, 2023
2.) AOR received: Aug 17, 2023
3.) Application returned: Set 20, 2023
4.) Application re-submitted: Set 20, 2023
5.) Sponsor Eligibility Approval: Nov 24, 2023
6.) Medical Examination requested : Jan 18, 2024
7.) Medical Examination updated to Completed: Jan 22, 2024

Let's se what next! Baby girl need OHIP to complete her vaccines!

Reactions: FJK1982

Mariostaubyn

Jan 28, 2024
Hello there my stepdad is sponsoring me and my three siblings living in Jamaica and also my mom they are married sent our application on August 2022 completed biometrics and medical also did additional family and background information got pre arrival service and was emailed saying that we are eligible for sponsorship but a few months after that my mom got an email saying that my siblings are not her real children and she sent their 3 birth certificates in and that was rectified few months after we still haven’t gotten any response so she called IRCC and got through to an agent who told her that from what he’s looking at we should have been in Canada long before 2023 most of the confusing stuff happened in 2023 she’s frustrated and also me I’m almost 22 in February and I know that my age doesn’t matter but I don’t know what to do honestly

haliek20

Star Member
May 20, 2023
Category........
CEC
Can someone send me a link where to apply to sponsor child under 18yrs old. I want to apply online