+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship -2023

Sambee1

Aug 10, 2023
Finally got PPR request today.

Application Returned - May 3, 2023. (for the dependent child - need to sign by a parent)
Application Resubmitted - May 3, 2023.
received the acknowledgement that my sponsorship application is received - Jun 6, 2023.
Sponsorship Eligibility Approval - July 13, 2023.
Medical Request - Sep 19th, 2023.
Medical updated as completed - Oct 20, 2023.
PPR - Nov 30, 2023.

My child is a US Citizen and currently residing in India, what documents do I need to submit for PPR. Any help would be appreciated.
Congratulations
Just put in the envelop the original passport and the ppr letter and pay the VAC fees

Sambee1

Aug 10, 2023
Just sharing my timeline
August 8- application submitted
Oct 7- received AOR, and link to gckey
Oct 16= sponsor eligibility approval
Oct 18- medical request
Nov 8= medical passed
* waiting for pre arrival letter, ppr, etc
Any update on your application after medicals?
do you see COPR number showing?

LuckyS

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
What does the letter says?
if the letter says passport request then why not passport? Just read the instructions on the passport.
Below are the instructions I am talking about

• If your passport is from a country whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or your passport is from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and each accompanying family member (Note: any accompanying family member whose passport does require a visa however, will need to submit their original passport as per Step 2a). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months. Please do not send your original passport(s).
That is why I am asking if anyone has done this before.

Thanks

Sambee1

Aug 10, 2023

• If your passport is from a country whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or your passport is from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and each accompanying family member (Note: any accompanying family member whose passport does require a visa however, will need to submit their original passport as per Step 2a). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months. Please do not send your original passport(s).

Thanks
Ok so this instruction is very clear, just send only the biodata page and leave the original passport at home since its states do not send the original passport

Reactions: LuckyS

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Thanks
Yes, people have followed the instructions and had it work.

It's actually the recommended approach.

Umbertoya

Dec 6, 2023
Hi folks,
I've got my application returned due to mistake in IMM5669 which is web form in PR portal. In the email it says that "Parent or legal guardian need to sign this form" The thing is I can't find place where I should sign it. There are only two buttons when I click Edit this webform:
"Go Back" and "Complete and return to application"
The signature part completely missing in this form. Anyone have faced with this issue in this forum?

Umbertoya

Dec 6, 2023
It is not pdf form but web based form. For pdf forms I did validate it and everything is good. I think it might be some website glitch

Sambee1

Aug 10, 2023
It’s not a website thing, if IRCC rejects it that means it’s legitimate.
just write your name where it says minor dependant child should sign.

Reactions: Umbertoya

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Hi folks,
I've got my application returned due to mistake in IMM5669 which is web form in PR portal. In the email it says that "Parent or legal guardian need to sign this form" The thing is I can't find place where I should sign it. There are only two buttons when I click Edit this webform:
"Go Back" and "Complete and return to application"
The signature part completely missing in this form. Anyone have faced with this issue in this forum?
I had the same issue as i am unable to type or write anything on IMM5669 signature field, so i attached one word file with that form, and explained the same and signed that word form, i am not sure how IRCC is going to react on that.

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
My Application returned today stating the below, i corrected the same and resubmit. Any idea how long it will take for them now to pick this up, initial submission was on 31/Oct and they returned on 13/Dec.

Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344)
 A parent or legal guardian must sign on behalf of a dependent child under the age of 18 when a signature for this person is required.