+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship -2023

ccaallvviinn

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Anyone here received two AORs? One for the sponsor, and the other for the PA. I received AOR in late May for me as the sponsor and received another AOR for the PA from the Canada consulate in the region of the PA. In the AOR email for the PA, it has some pre-arrival info summarized as 'how do I prepare for immigration to Canada' as well. Does it have any special meaning? The PA is scheduled for Medical later this month. Biometrics waived. What is most likely the next step?

canadalyf

Jun 5, 2023
Hi! Thank you for starting the thread!

Dependent child sponsorship (child living in Canada):
  • PR Application submitted online - March 30, 2023
  • AOR - May 13, 2023
What are the next steps after AOR? Any insights will be super helpful. Thanks!
Update
  • Sponsor Eligibility approval - June 12, 2023

Umer Afzal

Mar 29, 2018
Anyone here received two AORs? One for the sponsor, and the other for the PA. I received AOR in late May for me as the sponsor and received another AOR for the PA from the Canada consulate in the region of the PA. In the AOR email for the PA, it has some pre-arrival info summarized as 'how do I prepare for immigration to Canada' as well. Does it have any special meaning? The PA is scheduled for Medical later this month. Biometrics waived. What is most likely the next step?
Hi, I do not have the answer of your question but I want to know, have your received any communication for the medical for which you have planned it?

ccaallvviinn

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Hi, I do not have the answer of your question but I want to know, have your received any communication for the medical for which you have planned it?
Yes, Medical was requested through email by IRCC. Not sure if it was from the inland office or the outland, local consulate though.

Reactions: Umer Afzal

dyobb

Feb 9, 2016
Hello everyone,
Update just now:

Sponsoring my 18 y/o dependent child.
Submitted on new PR portal: March 29, 2023
Biometric Payment Request: June 7, 2023
Medical Request: June 13, 2023

No official AOR yet. I was wondering is the wording on the AOR letter. Thank you.

This is how my tracker currently looks like:. Apparently the June 13th update hasn't made its way to the tracker yet.
  • Jun 07, 2023
    We sent you a message about your application
    Read the message carefully and take appropriate action as necessary.
  • May 31, 2023
    We received the information you sent us. We’ll review it and let you know if we need any other information from you.
  • May 02, 2023
    We received the document proving your relationship with your sponsor.
  • May 02, 2023
    We received the birth registration/certificate you sent us.
  • May 02, 2023
    We received the passport(s)/travel document(s) you sent us.
  • May 02, 2023
    We received the police certificate(s) you sent us.
  • May 02, 2023
    We received the Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) you sent us.
  • May 02, 2023
    We received the payment you sent us.
  • May 02, 2023
    We received the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) you sent us.
  • May 02, 2023
    We received the information you sent us. We’ll review it and let you know if we need any other information from you.
  • Mar 29, 2023
    Application received
    We received your application and we’re checking to make sure you’ve submitted all the required forms and documents on the document checklist. If your application is incomplete, we’ll return it to you without processing it. If your application has all the requested forms and documents, you’ll get a message confirming we’ve accepted your application for processing.

Umer Afzal

Mar 29, 2018
Yes, Medical was requested through email by IRCC. Not sure if it was from the inland office or the outland, local consulate though.
Hi,
Our timeline is almost similar but I didn’t receive any request for medical till date. Secondly I am not able to create the account for principle applicant while I was able to create for the sponsor. Don’t know why is it so.

canadalyf

Jun 5, 2023
Update
  • Sponsor Eligibility approval - June 12, 2023
Update on Dependent child sponsorship (child living in Canada):
  1. PR Application submitted online - March 30, 2023
  2. AOR - May 13, 2023
  3. Sponsor Eligibility approval - June 12, 2023
  4. Medical Exam Instructions email - June 14, 2023
  5. Medical Exam status updated to completed - June 26, 2023

ccaallvviinn

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Update on Dependent child sponsorship (child living in Canada):
  1. PR Application submitted online - March 30, 2023
  2. AOR - May 13, 2023
  3. Sponsor Eligibility approval - June 12, 2023
  4. Medical Exam Instructions email - June 14, 2023
  5. Medical Exam status updated to completed - June 26, 2023
Thanks for sharing! What the next milestone typically would it be? I am in a very similar timeline. Medical is marked as completed on June 26.

san777das

Sep 30, 2022
Hello All

I have submitted child Sponsorship on the new Pr portal on May 30th. I am the sponsor (PR) and sponsoring my 9 month old child who is a US citizen and staying with me and my wife in Canada.
Can i link the PR application on IRCC portal?

Umer Afzal

Mar 29, 2018
Hi members, I am not able to track the application using principe applicant credentials while i can can do it as sponsor. I have received the AOR on 2nd of June and eligibility as sponsor on 7th of June, since then no communication from IRCC. I dont know what to do.

ordinaryear

Apr 24, 2018
Hi everyone,

We have an infant who was born in USA (about a month ago), my wife and I are residents of Canada, both of us hold a Canadian PR, we were able to bring our child with us to our home in Canada on visitor visa, we would like to sponsor our child for PR, can someone guide me to the online application where I can just apply for PR for my dependent child? I also qualify for citizenship end of this year, not sure if we will be able to get PR intime to add her to our citizenship application.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone,

We have an infant who was born in USA (about a month ago), my wife and I are residents of Canada, both of us hold a Canadian PR, we were able to bring our child with us to our home in Canada on visitor visa, we would like to sponsor our child for PR, can someone guide me to the online application where I can just apply for PR for my dependent child? I also qualify for citizenship end of this year, not sure if we will be able to get PR intime to add her to our citizenship application.
Have you tried googling Canada spnspor my dependent child and following the instructions?

Go only to the canada.ca sites to start.

Reactions: ordinaryear