+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship -2023

Aug 20, 2018
What is the order of steps for sponsorship for dependent child ?
Is it AOR -> Biometric (if needed) -> Sponsor approval mail -> Medical -> Next steps ?

ccaallvviinn

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Just to share - I learnt that we can create two tracker accounts, one for me as the sponsor and the other for my child as the PA. In my child's tracker account, I can see a lot more info on the case, which clearly shows the biometric is exempted. So, I guess the $85 refund is about it. Think this might be helpful to you all.
Update - Sponsor eligibility approval on June 5, 2023

Reactions: canadalyf

canadalyf

Jun 5, 2023
Hi! Thank you for starting the thread!

Dependent child sponsorship (child living in Canada):
  • PR Application submitted online - March 30, 2023
  • AOR - May 13, 2023
What are the next steps after AOR? Any insights will be super helpful. Thanks!

Last edited:

canadalyf

Jun 5, 2023
Just to share - I learnt that we can create two tracker accounts, one for me as the sponsor and the other for my child as the PA. In my child's tracker account, I can see a lot more info on the case, which clearly shows the biometric is exempted. So, I guess the $85 refund is about it. Think this might be helpful to you all.
@ccaallvviinn How did you create tracker accounts? I keep getting this error :( ----->

• Incorrect or invalid information. Review and make sure it matches the information submitted on the Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] form or the Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual [IMM 5475] form. If you can’t create an account, it may be because your client’s application is not in our system yet.

Last edited:

ccaallvviinn

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
@ccaallvviinn How did you create tracker accounts? I keep getting this error :( ----->

• Incorrect or invalid information. Review and make sure it matches the information submitted on the Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] form or the Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual [IMM 5475] form. If you can’t create an account, it may be because your client’s application is not in our system yet.
Have you tried to manually key in all the info like UCI and application number etc? Copy and paste might have carried over some invisible things like a space.

canadalyf

Jun 5, 2023
Have you tried to manually key in all the info like UCI and application number etc? Copy and paste might have carried over some invisible things like a space.
yes, I tried that, and still same error. Did you enter your child's details (FN, LN, DOB, etc) or yours? I tried both ways but no luck

ccaallvviinn

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
yes, I tried that, and still same error. Did you enter your child's details (FN, LN, DOB, etc) or yours? I tried both ways but no luck
I created two accounts actually. One under my UCI, the other under my child's UCI, same application #. Other info will just match up the owner of the UCI. Maybe call IRCC?

canadalyf

Jun 5, 2023
I created two accounts actually. One under my UCI, the other under my child's UCI, same application #. Other info will just match up the owner of the UCI. Maybe call IRCC?
The UCI provided for my daughter is the same as mine (what I had for my PR), so maybe I can only create one? I sent a web form with the error I'm facing hopefully they get back to me soon. I'm curious to know the next steps since there are no updates since AOR May 13th. Did you get your sponsor eligibility approval via email or on the account?

ccaallvviinn

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
The UCI provided for my daughter is the same as mine (what I had for my PR), so maybe I can only create one? I sent a web form with the error I'm facing hopefully they get back to me soon. I'm curious to know the next steps since there are no updates since AOR May 13th. Did you get your sponsor eligibility approval via email or on the account?
All through email, but also reflected in the tracker. Just received Medical today.

LuckyS

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
Application Returned - May 3, 2023. (for the dependent child - need to sign by a parent)
Application Resubmitted - May 3, 2023.

Hope it won't delay further.
Application Returned - May 3, 2023. (for the dependent child - need to sign by a parent)
Application Resubmitted - May 3, 2023.
received the acknowledgement that my sponsorship application is received - Jun 6, 2023.

awesammm

Jun 7, 2023
Does lock in date start the moment you submitted an online application or the moment the immigration sent you the AOR?
I submitted my application on April 2, there’s still no response from them.

canadalyf

Jun 5, 2023
Does lock in date start the moment you submitted an online application or the moment the immigration sent you the AOR?
I submitted my application on April 2, there’s still no response from them.
I read from the AOR date that's how you know that your application has been reviewed & UCI & Application# is assigned

dyobb

Feb 9, 2016
Hi everyone, Glad I found this thread.
I am sponsoring my dependent child.
My timeline so far:
Submitted on new PR portal: March 29, 2023
No AOR yet
Hi everyone,
Just now, I received a biometrics payment request email. The email has the new UCI and Application number for my son. Please correct me if I am wrong but I assume this is not yet an AOR, because the PR Portal still says 'submitted'.
Thanks and Cheers.

Last edited: