+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship -2023

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Anyone have the average wait time from application sent to AOR?
Any undeclared dependents pilot program application here?
How did you get your PR? There is no exemption for undeclared dependents sponsorship unless you became PR via some special path.
(economical or being sponsored as family memeber is not one of the possible path when the dependents were not declared.)

Jun 6, 2023
How did you get your PR? There is no exemption for undeclared dependents sponsorship unless you became PR via some special path.
(economical or being sponsored as family memeber is not one of the possible path when the dependents were not declared.)
Hello,

my husband is the sponsor, and I sponsored him through spousal sponsorship, and yes, i am 7 years PR already before we got married and sponsored him. i know for a fact economical path is not included with this pilot program but his pathway is included as he was sponsored through family class

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello,

my husband is the sponsor, and I sponsored him through spousal sponsorship, and yes, i am 7 years PR already before we got married and sponsored him. i know for a fact economical path is not included with this pilot program but his pathway is included as he was sponsored through family class
You are correct. Good luck with the application. Since it's a pilot program, I don't know if there are a lot of people on this forum and if they've shared any information on the timeline. (may not have enough data to show processing time... )
This pilot program has an expiration date. It may be extended but no one knows for sure.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/excluded-2021.html
  • The foreign national has a sponsor who applied for and was granted permanent residence status:
    1. As a Convention refugee or a person in similar circumstances; or,
    2. After having been determined to be a protected person; or,
    3. As a sponsored spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, or dependent child as a member or the Family Class; or,
    4. As a sponsored spouse or common-law partner as a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
Start Date and End Date: This public policy takes effect on September 9, 2021, the expiration date of Public Policy to Facilitate the Immigration of Certain Sponsored Foreign Nationals Excluded under Paragraph 117(9)(d) or 125(1)(d) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, and ends on September 9, 2023. Applications where a final decision has not been made before September 9, 2021 will be processed under this public policy. As with all public policies, this public policy may be cancelled at any time.

Umer Afzal

Mar 29, 2018
An update on my application, I have received a letter saying that I met the requirements for sponsor eligibility.

What would be the potentially next step and how long probably may it take to complete the process. If anyone has idea about it. Thanks in advance.

Application submission: 30 March
AOR: 1st June

Reactions: canadalyf

thankful111

Jun 9, 2023
Whichever forms require signature by the 'applicant' will have to be signed by the parent/guardian on behalf of a minor child. (Note, check instructions about age, I believe some may be signed by children over 14 or something - but again - instrusctions.
Question here, my child is 5 years old and of course all the signatures on the forms were signed by me. Should I sign the child's name or my name?

Sorry it's a bit confusing.

awesammm

Jun 7, 2023
Does biometrics comes first before AOR? I received an email saying that i have to pay for biometrics fee but did not receive AOR