canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone, Glad I found this thread.
I am sponsoring my dependent child.
My timeline so far:
Submitted on new PR portal: March 29, 2023
No AOR yet
This is fairly typical. Processing for child sponsorship is slower than for spouses in Canada.

ccaallvviinn

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Thanks for opening up this thread. Minor under 18. Case submitted online on Mar. 24, 2023. No AOR yet.
Update - AOR received today on May 27.

Question - how do I track the status of the application? The AOR email is not clear at all. The UCI number listed in the AOR email is actually my UCI number I received when applying for PR through Express Entry years back, so not my dependent child's UCI number (the child was not accompanying back then). Also, an Application Number is given in the AOR email. Could anyone guide me on how to track the current case of sponsoring my dependent child?

dyobb

Feb 9, 2016
This is fairly typical. Processing for child sponsorship is slower than for spouses in Canada.
Agreed. And it is particularly stressful for parents of 18-22 year old dependents who have not received AORs to "lock" the age,

How are your updates, guys?

Cheers

Reactions: YVR123

anil1201

Star Member
Jul 29, 2014
Hi everyone,
I am sponsoring my dependent child.
My timeline so far:
Submitted on new PR portal: May 9, 2023
No AOR yet

Umer Afzal

Mar 29, 2018
Hi, I have received the acknowledgement that my sponsorship application is received. I have submitted the application on 30th March.

can anyone tell me what would be next step?

Umer Afzal

Mar 29, 2018
Update - AOR received today on May 27.

Question - how do I track the status of the application? The AOR email is not clear at all. The UCI number listed in the AOR email is actually my UCI number I received when applying for PR through Express Entry years back, so not my dependent child's UCI number (the child was not accompanying back then). Also, an Application Number is given in the AOR email. Could anyone guide me on how to track the current case of sponsoring my dependent child?
UCI number is the same for me as well. I am also looking for the process how to track my application.
If you find one please let me know and vice versa.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Agreed. And it is particularly stressful for parents of 18-22 year old dependents who have not received AORs to "lock" the age,

How are your updates, guys?

Cheers
Once you have AOR you have locked in the date. Unless close to 22 there isn’t a concern.

ccaallvviinn

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
UCI number is the same for me as well. I am also looking for the process how to track my application.
If you find one please let me know and vice versa.
It works for me now. Just use the tracker tool: https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login. The tricky part is that the tool didn't work for me initially - I guess there was some lead time for them to sync the data into the tracker, so that you are allowed to create an account.

ccaallvviinn

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Hello folks - I received an email from 'Centralized Intake Office' this morning, stating that a refund of $85 is initiated for me and there is no other info for the context. Any guidance? The amount makes me think of the biometric fee. My dependent child is 11 years old. When I filed the sponsorship application, I was not so sure about if I should pay the biometric fee, so I just paid to be safe. I just learnt that child under 14 is exempt from biometric fee? So, refund does not mean my case is returned and is actually a good sign (someone touched on my case)?

Case filed: Mar 24, 2023
AOR: May 27, 2023

ccaallvviinn

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Hello folks - I received an email from 'Centralized Intake Office' this morning, stating that a refund of $85 is initiated for me and there is no other info for the context. Any guidance? The amount makes me think of the biometric fee. My dependent child is 11 years old. When I filed the sponsorship application, I was not so sure about if I should pay the biometric fee, so I just paid to be safe. I just learnt that child under 14 is exempt from biometric fee? So, refund does not mean my case is returned and is actually a good sign (someone touched on my case)?

Case filed: Mar 24, 2023
AOR: May 27, 2023
Just to share - I learnt that we can create two tracker accounts, one for me as the sponsor and the other for my child as the PA. In my child's tracker account, I can see a lot more info on the case, which clearly shows the biometric is exempted. So, I guess the $85 refund is about it. Think this might be helpful to you all.

Reactions: canadalyf