+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship - 2021

Vimalan

Star Member
Jul 21, 2019
Hi,

I'm an Indian, residing and UAE with my family. I'm in a situation where most members are here in this Thread. My wife, my son and myself, all three have CoPR and my wife is now pregnant.

1. Our CoPR expires on 28th May 2022.
2. We are flying to Canada on 29th April 2022, doing the landing and be back in UAE by 3rd June 2022.
3. My wife is expected to deliver by the 1st Week of Nov 2022 (Either in India or in UAE).
4. My Business obligations in UAE get completed by August 2023.
5. Shall move permanently to Canada by Sep 2023.

It was mentioned in the forum that the newborn won't be able to get PR and should be sponsored. In that case, I would like to get some inputs for the following.

1. When should I start the sponsorship application, provided I have plans to settle in Canada by Aug 2023 (or earlier)?
2. What's the validity of this sponsor visa. Until how long should I be sponsoring the baby?
3. Will the baby be getting the benefits such as Free medical, schooling & CCB?
4. How & When can the Newborn attain the status of PR or a citizen?
5. While applying for our Citizenship, can we also apply for the baby?

Appreciate it if all five queries can be answered and It would be great if someone can share their experience alongside the procedure for sponsoring the child.

Last edited:

BigLeap

May 27, 2015
Pune;
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw;
NOC Code......
2133;
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2014;
AOR Received.
10-11-2014; (FLU)
IELTS Request
06-02-2015; (PER)
File Transfer...
22-04-2015; (SLU)
Med's Request
09-05-2015;
Med's Done....
15-05-2015;
Interview........
23-05-2015; (TLU)
Passport Req..
04-08-2015; (DM) 12-08-2015; (PPR)
VISA ISSUED...
PASSPORTS SENT TO NEW DELHI 13-08-2015
LANDED..........
PLANNING TO LAND ONLY WITH JOB OFFER
There is no set amount of time. Looks like you still may not be meeting your RO which still could become an issue.
True, just hoping positively as my eligibility as a sponsor is completed and eligiblity to be sponsored for PA is in process.

wskamel

Jan 25, 2015
Hi,

I'm an Indian, residing and UAE with my family. I'm in a situation where most members are here in this Thread. My wife, my son and myself, all three have CoPR and my wife is now pregnant.

2. We are flying to Canada on 29th April 2022, doing the landing and be back in UAE by 3rd June 2022.
3. My wife is expected to deliver by the 1st Week of Nov 2022 (Either in India or in UAE).

It was mentioned in the forum that the newborn won't be able to get PR and should be sponsored. In that case, I would like to get some inputs for the following.

1. When should I start the sponsorship application, provided I have plans to settle in Canada by Aug 2023 (or earlier)?
2. What's the validity of this sponsor visa. Until how long should I be sponsoring the baby?

Appreciate it if all five queries can be answered and It would be great if someone can share their experience alongside the procedure for sponsoring the child.
1) you can't start sponsor application until you are in Canada , so it would be when you come back to Canada
2) you sponsor him/her for PR , once baby is PR , baby can stay in Canada , you sign for financial sponsoring for 10 years ( double check this one , but doesn't really matter , you have to provide for your child anyway )
3)once PR yes , the tricky part is you have to apply for TRV for baby , which may or mayn't get approved ,so you risk separation from family until PR for baby is completed if you can't TRV
4) 5) baby will get citizenship with you , doesn't matter if baby gets PR late .

try to get your wife to give birth in Canada, so you avoid all this if you can

Peru1987

Jun 11, 2018
Hi, my children's (age 8) sponsorship file went into 'started processing' at New Delhi VO on Feb 22. When can I expect to complete the eligibility stage at this office?

Applied April 27, 2021
AOR May 28, 2021
Medical passed Feb 10, 2022
VO Eligibility in-progress Feb 22, 2022
Waiting for the next update in ECAS.
My daughters PR applications
AOR 27 May
Medical 17 Sep
Eligibility started on 22 Feb
TRV approved.
Please keep us updated when u receive PPR.

kobbarinut

Feb 8, 2022
Hi All, need your inputs please incase if I'm missing any forms for sponsoring my dependent child who was born outside Canada. I became citizen after the baby is born so applying PR is the only route.

I'm ready to mail out the below forms, but pls let me know if any additional forms are required as my wife & baby would be travelling to Canada once the application is approved.

IMM1344, 5481,0008, 5562, 5406, 5669 & supporting documents/photos/fees

kobbarinut

Feb 8, 2022
Hi All, need your inputs please incase if I'm missing any forms for sponsoring my dependent child who was born outside Canada. I became citizen after the baby is born so applying PR is the only route.

I'm ready to mail out the below forms, but pls let me know if any additional forms are required as my wife & baby would be travelling to Canada once the application is approved.

IMM1344, 5481,0008, 5562, 5406, 5669 & supporting documents/photos/fees
Can someone please shed some light on this ?

shane21

Star Member
Jan 6, 2017
Hi, guys does anyone here had to do a DNA for their dependent PR application?
if yes, was it before or after the medical request?

Thank you in advance.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi, guys does anyone here had to do a DNA for their dependent PR application?
if yes, was it before or after the medical request?

Thank you in advance.
Simple answer is No.
If IRCC requests it, then you need to do the DNA test.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

1. You can't start the process of sponsoring your child for PR until either you or your wife have moved back to Canada. The application can only be submitted while at least one of you is living in Canada and you need to continue living in Canada while the application is processed.
2. I don't understand this question.
3. Yes.
4. You have to sponsor the baby for PR first. As said above, you cannot do this until you have moved back to Canada in 2023.
5. Yes, as long as the baby is already a PR by then.

maheshmit

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hi All - My wife and I got our PRs in Dec 2020 and did a soft landing. We could not move permanently to Canada due to the pandemic. Our son was born after we got our PRs. I recently came to Canada in Feb while my wife and son are currently in India. I want to sponsor my son's PR but since it takes a lot of time, I'm thinking of applying for a visit visa for him so that my wife and son can join me at the earliest. I have a few questions in this regard and would be extremely helpful if any of you can clarify this -
  • Can I apply for my son's visit visa first and then apply for sponsorship after my son comes to Canada?
  • Does the person being sponsored (my son) need to be outside Canada while the sponsorship application is in progress?
  • Does applying for a visit visa before beginning the sponsorship process reduce the chances of visit visa getting approved?
Any inputs on these would be extremely helpful, thanks!

Ashsan

Jun 22, 2019
Hey just a random question
Our child’ sponsorship is under processing , i am in India with my child and husband is in canada. Can my husband travel to India now since the sponsorship is ongoing. I heard that either one parent should be present in canada. Please help