+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship - 2021

Ashsan

Jun 22, 2019
Yes, my situation is same as yours. Myself and my wife is a PR but my son born In India. Now my wife is in India with my son.I didn't add her as a co-signer . Also Included the notarized imm5604 form along with an explanation letter.
Same here, but we didn’t notarized Imm5604 form.
It is a declaration from non accompanying parent which is not necessary in our case.

Fabia

Apr 26, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I need some help and Advice on my child sponsorship.
I applied for my new Born Dependent child in April 2021 and received AOR on April 23 2021
After the AOR I dint hear anything from them, I am seeing in this thread a lot of people who applied after me are getting their file Moved.
I have wrote emails to IRCC and they said I don't have to do anything and my application looks good.
My wife is taking care of child in India now. she has to return back to work in February 2022.
Please suggest me what I need to do now to get his file moved up and bring him here before February 2022

Thanks A Lot

Reactions: KhayalM

Ashsan

Jun 22, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I need some help and Advice on my child sponsorship.
I applied for my new Born Dependent child in April 2021 and received AOR on April 23 2021
After the AOR I dint hear anything from them, I am seeing in this thread a lot of people who applied after me are getting their file Moved.
I have wrote emails to IRCC and they said I don't have to do anything and my application looks good.
My wife is taking care of child in India now. she has to return back to work in February 2022.
Please suggest me what I need to do now to get his file moved up and bring him here before February 2022

Thanks A Lot
Hey
Apply for TRV
Thats the only option now.

Last edited:

Ashsan

Jun 22, 2019
Visitor Visa Wait time is 206 days right now
So recently IRCC introduced a new online portal for visitor visa application and what they are saying that we will get the visa in 30 business days
Ppl from India are getting visa in less than 60 days.
So try your luck
Even I have also applied trv for my newborn 2 weeks ago
Fingers crossed.

Reactions: KhayalM

KhayalM

Nov 17, 2021
I think we are on the same boat
Me and my husband are PR and our child was born in India.
We applied for the sponsorship online on last month and applied TRV 7th of this month.
What is your TRV timeline ?
Any updates so far?
Hi Ashsan,
is there any progress with TRV application so far? it has been over 2 months now we submitted, and still the portal says application is processing. wonder if you heard anything from them. thanks

albak

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
Hey Ashsan, this is the first time I’m hearing of an online portal. All my search via canada.gov for dependent sponsorship don’t lead me to this portal. I applied via paper on October. Just wondering/worried whether I need to apply via portal as well. How did you get to know that you need to use this portal? For what it’s worth, my kid is with me and Im doing an inland PR application.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey Ashsan, this is the first time I’m hearing of an online portal. All my search via canada.gov for dependent sponsorship don’t lead me to this portal. I applied via paper on October. Just wondering/worried whether I need to apply via portal as well. How did you get to know that you need to use this portal? For what it’s worth, my kid is with me and Im doing an inland PR application.
Online app is a pilot only. You do not need to apply again.

KhayalM

Nov 17, 2021
Hi All,

In respect to TRV application status, is there any difference between Application "is in progress" and "your file is in queue for processing"?
"Is in progress" - you see it on gckey portal.
"your file is in queue for processing" - this is what I receive when I send an email to check the status of application.

Thanks in advance.