+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship - 2021

chinnap

Feb 19, 2018
The medical request usually comes from the Visa Office to which your application is transferred.
I applied to Sydney (to sponsor nephew) and was transferred to a visa office in Tanzania. It is that office that sent a medical request.
Thank you for the info

N90

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Hi. Would you mind sharing how much time it took for you to get TRV approval once you filled crisis form?
We are still awaiting and I am expecting delays since our VO is Abu Dhabi. We submitted the form on 14 July and got a response on 6thAugust. But if the PA is in India, you will receive PPR very soon once you get a response for the travel exemption form. mostly within a week or two. At least from what I have seen in this forum.

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
I am wondering what is next after AOR and medical and approval.. Any idea?
Next is the waiting game . We applied end of May , aor , sa and medical came within 2 months …… now we wait .

Reactions: lekanhamdalat

irine11

May 9, 2019
Hi,
We are PR holders currently settled in Canada from April 2021. Our daughter is 18 months old and she was born in India and she is still in India.
We got our PR in 2019- we did a soft landing and went back to India. Since our daughter was not born we didn’t add her to our PR application.
Now we have applied for her sponsorship.
Timeline:
Application received- July 27th
AOR - Aug 25th

waiting for the rest of the process to be quick.
Timeline Update:
Application received- July 27th
AOR - Aug 25th
SA - Aug 30th
(VO changed to New Delhi)
Medicals Request - Aug 31st

Last edited:

mmt123

Sep 4, 2021
Hi All,
There has been a lot of useful information shared here. I'd like to request help with my sponsorship application as well.

This is my case:
I have twin toddler boys (2.5 years old, born March 2019). My husband and I have been PR holders since September 2018, but we are residing in Dubai and will be making the move by the end of the year. However, my husband visits Canada often and during his trip in May 2020 to Canada, he dropped a sponsorship application for both my sons.
Please note: Our Canadian address is my sister in law's apartment address, since we reside with her when we visit Toronto.

This has been our timeline:

July 1, 2020 : Couriered Application to
CPC Sydney
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

January 7, 2021 : Confirmation of Application received for both Twins
July 27, 2021: Received an email for both my twins, containing the following excerpt from Nova Scotia Case Processing Centre:
  • Pursuant to regulation 130(1)(b), you have not demonstrated that you have been residing in Canada since the filing of this application. Please refer to Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations below for details.
August 28, 2021: I sent a case-specific webform showing my wife's enrollment in a Canadian university, starting September 2021 and our flight tickets booked to Canada.
September 1, 2021: AOR from IRCC London office.

Anyone who has or knows anyone who has experienced similar stages, please share your process and advice on what we can do to expedite the process. Is there any check the IRCC does to verify your station is Canada during the application?

Thanks in advance

mmt123

Sep 4, 2021
Any applicants from June/July 2021 awaiting AOR for child sponsorship?
Hi there,

I believe you have applied from UAE for your dependent child's PR visa?

Can you please share your experience. This has been my story so far:

I have twin toddler boys (2.5 years old, born March 2019). My husband and I have been PR holders since September 2018, but we are residing in Dubai and will be making the move by the end of the year. However, my husband visits Canada often and during his trip in May 2020 to Canada, he dropped a sponsorship application for both my sons.
Please note: Our Canadian address is my sister in law's apartment address, since we reside with her when we visit Toronto.

This has been our timeline:

July 1, 2020 : Couriered Application to
CPC Sydney
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

January 7, 2021 : Confirmation of Application received for both Twins
July 27, 2021: Received an email for both my twins, containing the following excerpt from Nova Scotia Case Processing Centre:
  • Pursuant to regulation 130(1)(b), you have not demonstrated that you have been residing in Canada since the filing of this application. Please refer to Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations below for details.
August 28, 2021: I sent a case-specific webform showing my wife's enrollment in a Canadian university, starting September 2021 and our flight tickets booked to Canada.
September 1, 2021: AOR from IRCC London office.

Thanks in advance

Mir Osama

Apr 22, 2018
Hi,

I have applied for sponsoring my new born son on April8 19-2021 and so far we only received acknowledgment receipt. I have called IRCC and they said my file is still in Sydney and no updates after that, they also said they are processing in sequence, but i am seeing different cases in the forum. Can anyone share what could be the reason the application is on hold? or if there is any whatsapp group active which i can join to see and share.

Sponsorship

1. We received your application to sponsor ________ on April 19, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 1, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on April 30, 2021.

Sarah0018

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Hi. Good Day. I hope someone here can advise me regarding my concern.
My gf and I (same sex) are currently applying for Conjugal Sponsorship. We hired a visa consultancy and we were asked to provide consent form for my 2 kids. Unfortunately, my ex husband wont cooperate and sign the consent form for my children. He was never present nor active in my childrens lives for 9 years since we got separated. He's been living in the US since 2012 and I have full custody of the kids. My kids never got any family/financial support from him unless asked. No voluntary support was given to them. I raised and took care of my kids for a long time without his help. I was also asked to provide custody documents but I dont have any of it. But my kids can attest that I was the only person who provided everything for them and who took care of them. Even my sister in law (ex husbands sister) and brother in law (ex husband brother are both willing to give statements that my children are under my custody.
What can we do for us to be able to bring my children with me in Canada without my ex husband consent? Will the IRCC officer honor my statement including my ex husbands siblings statements proving I have full custody of my children and that I did not receive any voluntary support from my ex husband? Please let me know are chances with our application with my children. Thank you