+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship - 2021

chinnap

Feb 19, 2018
Hello, My sponsorship is approved and got message that my kids file is transferred to New York office. But I did not receive medicals request. My kid is 2.5 years old. Do I have to contact CIC regarding Medical exam?

lekanhamdalat

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
Hello, My sponsorship is approved and got message that my kids file is transferred to New York office. But I did not receive medicals request. My kid is 2.5 years old. Do I have to contact CIC regarding Medical exam?
Why don't u wait a little for new York to work on it. Then they wil send u next step

wisetrack

Jun 18, 2018
I received an email from IRCC titled "Invitation to answer voluntary questions from IRCC on your application experience" for my child's sponsorship application that was received in Sydney on Aug 18th.

So it seems like the application file was opened and something is happening in the background, but I have not got AOR yet.

Did anyone else receive a similar invitation from IRCC recently?

chinnap

Feb 19, 2018
Why don't u wait a little for new York to work on it. Then they wil send u next step
Thanks for the reply. I thought sydney office would send the request for medicals as I have seen here people reporting that they received the request for medicals the same day their sponsorship approved. So I was just checking when to expect the request for medicals?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I received an email from IRCC titled "Invitation to answer voluntary questions from IRCC on your application experience" for my child's sponsorship application that was received in Sydney on Aug 18th.
Did anyone else receive a similar invitation from IRCC recently?
I can't speak specifically to how you got the questionnaire in relation to your file's timing and specific steps etc - but yes, IRCC seems to do surveys like this of actual applicants, and we in fact got these twice during process of our family sponsorship app.

I warn though - you only gave the title of the email, I didn't check against that nor can I tell it's safe and secure etc (and not some scam). The emails we received asking us to participate had specific instructions for how to confirm the survey was real and being done on behalf of IRCC.

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
Thanks for the reply. I thought sydney office would send the request for medicals as I have seen here people reporting that they received the request for medicals the same day their sponsorship approved. So I was just checking when to expect the request for medicals?
The medical request usually comes from the Visa Office to which your application is transferred.
I applied to Sydney (to sponsor nephew) and was transferred to a visa office in Tanzania. It is that office that sent a medical request.

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
I applied on June 15 and I received AOR in three weeks and Sponsorship approval last week and case transferred to New York office. I did not see any message for Medicals. Is this normal or do i need to contact CIC regarding medicals. My kid 2 and half years old and born in USA
No just wait for medical request to come . Some are quick and some take more time . Rest assured you will receive it :)
My dependant app got aor, sa and medical quickly now it’s at a VO unrelated to the applicant lol and at a standstill

irine11

May 9, 2019
Hi,
We are PR holders currently settled in Canada from April 2021. Our daughter is 18 months old and she was born in India and she is still in India.
We got our PR in 2019- we did a soft landing and went back to India. Since our daughter was not born we didn’t add her to our PR application.
Now we have applied for her sponsorship.
Timeline:
Application received- July 27th
AOR - Aug 25th

waiting for the rest of the process to be quick.

Reactions: lekanhamdalat

code_chef

Sep 3, 2018
Hi,
We are PR holders currently settled in Canada from April 2021. Our daughter is 18 months old and she was born in India and she is still in India.
We got our PR in 2019- we did a soft landing and went back to India. Since our daughter was not born we didn’t add her to our PR application.
Now we have applied for her sponsorship.
Timeline:
Application received- July 27th
AOR - Aug 25th

waiting for the rest of the process to be quick.
Did you apply for sponsorship from India or Canada?

TheMomof2

Jun 22, 2021
Hi, my family and I entered Canada this week. We are pr holders, our infant is a trv holder. This forum helped a lot for the trv. We wanted to sponsor the baby from Canada. Any advice would be lovely.

code_chef

Sep 3, 2018
Hi, my family and I entered Canada this week. We are pr holders, our infant is a trv holder. This forum helped a lot for the trv. We wanted to sponsor the baby from Canada. Any advice would be lovely.
Congratulations on your TRV. Would you mind sharing from where you applied TRV and how soon you got it? I have also applied a month ago for my newborn from India and haven't received any approval yet.

N90

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Congratulations on your TRV. Would you mind sharing from where you applied TRV and how soon you got it? I have also applied a month ago for my newborn from India and haven't received any approval yet.
Did you mention COVID-19 under purpose of visit? If not, please raise a Crisis webform as soon as you can so your application will get picked up on priority. Otherwise it will remain in the regular queue.

code_chef

Sep 3, 2018
Did you mention COVID-19 under purpose of visit? If not, please raise a Crisis webform as soon as you can so your application will get picked up on priority. Otherwise it will remain in the regular queue.
No. I have not mentioned anything. Its a regular TRV. Did you apply from India or some other country?